Salvia divinorum and Laughing gas

Discussion in 'Salvia divinorum' started by Montgolfier, Nov 29, 2005.

1. Montgolfier

Montgolfier Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Anyone familiar with Nitrous Oxide?

I had some of this wonderful substance the other night and was really shocked by the similarity between this and Salvia divinorum. Obviously this is much shorter lasting (about 10/20 seconds) but that same amazing feeling of:

ego loss

Joining infinity

becoming part of the divine

seeing reality for what it was..

..etc, ect, was there!

Anyone else found the two to share the same properties?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 22, 2010
  2. thegod1

thegod1 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Salvia is nothing like nitrous. I don't know how you can even compaire them. Nitrous is just a big rush, few giggles then thats it.

3. Demonslayer

Demonslayer Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    I also was somewhat dissapointed with N2O the first few times I tried it, but once I learned how to use it effectively it really blew my mind. It does indeed have similarities with salvia.

Ego loss isn't how I would describe the experience on salvia or N2O. I have experienced ego loss with LSD and shrooms, but the N2O/salvia effect is more like a total end of existance were time, space, subjectivity and objectivity ceases to exist. A total ego death.

On salvia and N2O I have also had similar experiences of time stopping orlooping. A total loss of future and past has also happened, leaving me dissorintated in the present without memory of the few seconds preceeding the now.

N2O can indeed causeopen eye visualsthat are identical to salvia's effects. N2O isn't just a big rush, it is a full blown trip if you do it right.

One big baloon of N2O is enough. Emty your lungs, take one big lungfull, hold it for 10-20 seconds while keeping the baloon between your lips. Let the gas out through your nose and breath the rest of the contents of the baloon as if you were breathing air. You will be tripping before you emty the baloon.

If you should pass out because of to little oxygen, the baloon will be released from your lips giving you axcess to regular air again. But just in case, I would still want someone there who knows CPR.

4. Montgolfier

Montgolfier Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Glad it's not just SWIM then! [​IMG]

Some people describe it as 'acid for the ears' but for SWIM it was much more than the 'loopy sound' thing (which is also interesting)

Btw - I like the stuff and would like to get the maximum effects to see how far you can go, but He's not too up for passing out due to oxygen loss lol

Last edited: Feb 22, 2010
  5. Demonslayer

Demonslayer Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    You don't have to pass out to have fun, but it is reassuring to know that you need not suffer brain damage if you do it right. For example, don't use a mask to inhale the gas, don't fill the room or car with N2O, and don't suck directly from the bottle or you will freeze your mouth and lungs.

6. RoboCop

RoboCop Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    Well like I said before on this forum Salvinorin A undoubtably has strong dissociative properties. This is why you see the link between these two drugs. However most people feel a stronger link between DXM and Salvia, than nitrous and Salvia. Im not saying if you like dissociatives you will like salvia, Salvia is very unusual.

7. Title3Jimi

Title3Jimi Newbie

Reputation Points:
    the unfortunate thing about nitrous is that it eventually becomes completely worthless. i started using it about 16 months ago, and used it fairly regularly in between then. Over the last summer, I would do probably 2-3 balloons full of nitrous 1 or 2 times a week. the high kept getting less stimulating and less intense. After this i stopped for a while to gain my tolerance up, and when i returned, nitrous was still vague and much less intense. it was absolutely wonderful in the beginning of my usage, but has since dulled down to the point where i have no desire to consume it. i'd reccomend using it infrequently if you want to continue to sustain the amazing high effects.

8. Title3Jimi

Title3Jimi Newbie

Reputation Points:
    one amazing combo is nitrous WHILE on salvia. that blows my mind. nitrous is, in my opinion, the best compliementary drugs, and will be amazing on anything. high balloons, drunk balloons and tripping balloons are all very different, but equally amazing.