Drug info - Salvia Divinorum basics

Discussion in 'Salvia divinorum' started by scyrusurcys, Jun 18, 2005.

1. scyrusurcys

scyrusurcys Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Ok, first of all, if you've never tried Salvia before, DO NOT START WITH A HIGH EXTRACT, such as 10x, 15x, 20x, or 40x. For a first time user, I HIGHLY recommend starting out with the plain leaf. You must understand that this is not just another plant to get you high. This plant has been used medicinally for thousands of years and has proven very positive effects of one's feelings. Salvia can take you to places where no other drug/herb can. This plant is VERY potent and can be VERY dangerous if you're not careful.

I can't stress enough how horrible it could turn out if you used anything above 5x extract for the first time and weren't prepared for what could happen. The best choice for you, a first timer, would be to start out with plain leaf and get the feel of what Sally is. She can be a very gentle and warming entity, or she could be a very, VERY big and angry girl if you don't know what you're doing. You MUST have an intent to use this drug before taking it into your system. Also, if you'd rather have an experience with Salvia without smoking it, try quidding it (plain leaves). Take about 5-8 leaves (for a first-time use) and rehydrate it in water. You may want to add some honey or something to give it a sweet taste, as the leaves are a bit bitter. Salvia has a reverse tolerance, meaning that the more often you smoke Salvia, the less amount of leaf/extract it will take the next time to get you going. But if you're a Salvia hard-head and can't get anything out of the leaf, I would ONLY suggest going up to 5x/6x and trying that out - NOT stepping up to something ludicrous, like 10x or 20x.

Read up as much as you can on this herb and ask questions about it here, as we're all willing to help you with anything else you can't find on the web. Be safe.
    Edited by: Alfa

2. pcon

pcon Newbie

Reputation Points:
    i personally thing that the best way to try it for the first time is
    mix some 10x with some pot, you'll get the idea but you wont go to
    salvia land then you dont have this huge process to go through before
    you experience the most wonderful drug in the word, just be in a calm
    enviroment

3. scyrusurcys

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Yeah, but not everyone smokes weed. [​IMG]And again,Salvia really isn't a "high" plant; but don't get me wrong because I have heard good things about Sally and Mary J.

4. sands of time

sands of time Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    I think 5X is good for the first time, thats what I started w/. Most people who use plain leaf just think its bogus and throw it away.

5. scyrusurcys

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Well,people that useplain leaf and get no results from it and throwing it outwould prove them to be looking for another "high".

Likeme, for example; I've neverdone anythingin my life that's drug-related, but when I heard of Salvia and its possible cure for depression, it got me interested. Besides, there are no known side effects and I only smoke it maybe 2 or 3 times per week. I started out with plain leaf and got no results, but I'm not the kind of person who takes first-impressions as permanent ones. I kept trying and kept trying, and finally had a breakthrough. I'm looking for insight and acceptance with this plant, not a euphoric feeling that makes me giggly around other people. Salvia's much more than that, as I'm sure you are aware.

6. pcon

pcon Newbie

Reputation Points:
    salvia is supposed to be used for meditation and a higher awareness,
    not to get messed up. one beig hit of 10x should do the
    trick. but sometimes the journeys can be very exhausting. i
    only go completely to salvia land maybe once every 2 weeks, but i smoke
    it in herb quite often.

7. sands of time

sands of time Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    I did get a great deal out of salvia. It gave me insight into all sorts of strange new ideas which most people could never understand. The salvia experience is not ment to get trashed on, it's a 5 minute journey into your mind and beyond.

8. Hawk570

Hawk570 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    When I first heard about this stuff I was rather skeptical, but a local
    pipe shop owner kept telling me how good it was. I tried 20x the first
    time and I don't think I truly broke through, it was rather intese
    feeling and I wasn't sure if I liked it. Today I smoked 40x for the
    first time and it was undescribable. I really really liked the whole
    experience, it was crazy. I have defintly found something I like and
    will continue to use, as long as it stays legal in the states.
    (praying! lol). My actual trip lasted about 10-15 minutes I would say,
    but it felt like much longer. It was fantastic and I only used about 1
    1/2 bowl packs which ended up measuring to about 1/8-1/4 teaspoon.

9. billbong

billbong Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Also if you are having problems smoking successfully there is a extract designed for sublingual absorbtion. it is called the SAGE GODDESS EMERALD ESSENCE, which was developed by Daniel seibert.
    The affects begin 4-8 mins after ingestin (u keep it in ur mouth for bout 15mins) over the next n u reach plateu after 5 mins, that lasts 20-30 mins. overall this is a longer and slightly calmer (although not "calm in any sense, still a very very strong psychoactive. ;

for 1 oz u will get 36 mild trips or 18 moderate, 9 strong or 6 very strong

Sage Goddess Emerald Essence may be used either straight from the bottle or diluted with water. When diluting it with water, its efficiency is slightly reduced, but it is preferable to using it undiluted, because it is far less irritating to the sensitive tissues of the mouth cavity. To compensate for the reduced efficiency, it is necessary to use about fifty-percent more tincture per dose. For each level of effects, the table shows one dose for when the tincture is diluted and one for when it is undiluted.

edit prices are about xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

PRICES ARE NOT ALLOWED.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2006
  10. jesusfreak666er

jesusfreak666er Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    personally i have tried it a few times, some fun, and one horrible trip (most likely cuz it was thundering outside i was freakin out). i recomend mixing 10x with the regular leaves, or with ok weed, not good chron... just in personal experience it hasnt had a stronger effect. I recomend to to use a bong or pipe, joints are out of the question. Salvia has to get real hot for you to feel it, so if u have a turbo lighter its a must, if not get one.... hold for 10 seconds or so deep in ur lungs, a few hits and you should feel it depending on the strength.

11. priest

priest Newbie

Reputation Points:
    when i do 10x in a pipe it just all burns at the same time so i can only get 1 good draw off it, i only get mildly stoned off this. thats with using a turbo lighter too.

12. CardBoardBox

CardBoardBox Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Hello.Me and my friend want to try Sally but we don't know were to get any. ^^; We've both been smokin pot for years, and have been pretty damn stoned (Like to the point of seeing minor things like black spots)Anywho... I'm going to spot her while she smokes, then it's my turn. How much of what potency should I start with? And... Where can I get some? I only heard about Salvia a while ago, so do you think if I trompsed downtown and asked around, someone might have some? (This is usually how we get our weed if our dealer is out. It's risky, but if you ask a cop if he's a cop, he has to tell you yes. )

13. PenguinPhreak

PenguinPhreak Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I recommend starting with a 5x extract. Salvia is legal so there should
    be no problem aquiring it. There very many online shops selling salvia,
    but if that is not an option you can usually find it in most headshops.
    Your chance of finding it on the street is pretty much zero.

14. Sektor

Sektor Newbie

Reputation Points:
    damn, swim tried this shit twice b4(5x extract) but felt nothing of it! I was told that you really need the pipe(preferably brass) to be very very fucking hot otherwise it wont work? suggestion?

15. southernhosp81

southernhosp81 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    yall shoudl go to [edited] its a geat place for salvia and other
    entheogens great shippinga and service! i get all my stuff from here...
    go with teh 15x trust me its teh onyl way to find out the true powers
    of salvia.. it will be scary when u get to teh trippy parts..( maybe
    not teh first time ) but "it " will happen and its a great
    experience after to learn the powers... after then ull learn how to
    control teh trance and bad trips and have funn with sweet salvia... i
    did 15x my first time and then purchased 20x... teh only difference i
    see is long after effect which make u feel great almost as good as
    being stoned.. also it probably takes less to get teh trippy aspects...
    with 20 x .. it doesnt require any sorta special smoking device.. water
    bongs work best for teh smoke.. i used my homemade water bottle kindEdited by: phungushead

16. enigmatic

enigmatic Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I have smoked 10x extract and just plain leaves. I haven't really
    tripped off it. I smoked a bunch of the leaves, and it slowed me down
    quite a bit. It was a rather enjoyable experience. I used the torch
    lighter too, and I think that what is said above applies to any
    substance that you might choose to use. You should look to have an
    experience and respect the substance, terrible things happen when you
    are simply looking for another high.

17. gicts

gicts Newbie

Reputation Points:
    so if I got a few leaves and rolled it, how many would it take to get atrip going?

18. brendan

brendan Newbie

Reputation Points:
    ive smoked just plain leaf and the salvia 10 extract but never really had any luck

19. Dzee

Dzee Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I wish someone would list the reasons not to go onto high dosages. Bad experiences and such.
    I'm having a bit of trouble braking through with 10x, it's my first time but I decided I was mentally ready. On the third .1 or .2 gram sample I started to rock back and forth uncontrollably something was telling me to go downstairs.

I'll try again I suppose. I just wish I wasn't skinning it up.

20. podge

podge Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    the reason for not delving into high dose's to early is because salvia is an unbelievably powerful drug.....swim hit too much first time and it brought him somewhere he could never have imagined and swim now has the utmost of respect for salvia. DO NOT UNDERESTIMATE HOW POWERFULL IT CAN BE at high doses !!!if You isnt getting much effects from x10 then You must not be hitting it correctly...........when You hits salvia make sure he breathes it in deeply and holds it for 20 seconds....after 20 seconds exhale and the effects should be felt nearly instantly.take small hits to achieve a comfortable experience.....trust me....dont try and be a hero by hitting too much because salvia WILL make a bitch of anyone who abuses it.make sure You is hitting it through a bong or pipe and NOT in a joint.