Salvia divinorum Blotter?

Discussion in 'Salvia divinorum' started by RoboCop, Sep 17, 2004.

1. RoboCop

RoboCop Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    I don't know if any of you have read this method I have and find it very itneresting if it indeed does work as the author of this method says it does. I am really interested in what you guys think about this method if it works it would be a very good way to take because I rather take salvia in a blotter than quid or smoking anyways here is the preperation method to make salvia blotter. Seems to simple to me im a bit skeptic if it would work. But if thsi works it would be the coolest way to take it, I'd love to be able to jsut put a salvia blotter udner my tounge while watchign a movie or something.

How to make 'Blotter Salvia' by The_Stalker

This is simply a method of preparation so that you get all the benefit of salvia without need for a bong or tasting horrible smoke. This method is nearly tasteless, and produces a smooth trip.

You need:
    5 grams Salvia Divinorum dry unextracted
    100 ml of solvent (more on solvent choice below)
    900ml water
    Jar or 1 liter flask
    Bowl
    Funnel
    Coffee grinder or Mortar and Pestle
    Filter Paper or Coffee Filter
    Tea strainer or fine mesh sieve

1. Powder 5grams of dry Salvia Divinorum leaves. A coffee grinder will work if it is the type with a small bowl and a spinning blade. A mortar and pestle is best though.
    2. In the jar or flask, combine powdered Salvia with solvent. (A note on solvents; any polar solvent will work but for this extraction an alcohol is best, either 151 proof Everclear or 70% Isopropyl Alcohol [rubbing alcohol].)
    3. Let this mixture sit for 10 hours.
    4. Add your water to the flask or jar. Adding water to the alcohol lowers the solubility of the active ingredient Salivorin A to the point that it will fall out or ?precipitate?. This will make your 1-liter solution look slightly cloudy; it is the clouds that you want. Let sit for 5 minutes.
    5. Set up your funnel with filter paper over the bowl. Get your tea strainer above the funnel.
    6. Pour the solution from the flask, through the strainer and filter into the bowl. Do it slowly, don?t let the liquid get more than half way up the paper.
    7. Wash out your flask or jar with more water to get any residue on the bottom, again pour it through the filters.
    8. Discard the liquid and save the paper. You should notice a nice round area on your paper that looks slightly green or yellow.
    9. Dry your paper in an oven; 2 minutes on 300 degrees work fine. It will now look as though you have crystals on your paper and indeed you do.

Cut this circular green are into five equal pieces, each one is good for a nice oral trip or maybe two smoked. To use simply take one of your strip and place it under the tongue, the effects can be felt in about fifteen minutes. A strip may also be smoked for more immediate effects.

The advantages of this method are that there is no harsh smoke, and no bitter taste.

2. RoboCop

RoboCop Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    And of course he says to discard the liquid when your done which isn't very bright because it would have alot of salvinorin A in it. The coffee filter paper does not absorb it all. But if you could keep filtering it through do you think you could get high enough salvinorin A levels in the paper for a blotter method to provide a trip?Edited by: RoboCop

3. blindpanda_eric

blindpanda_eric Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Sorry for the necro, but has anyone done this? Anybody tried
    it? Either way, I'm fairly sure I'll be trying it out tomorrow.

4. armatitumor

armatitumor Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    DON'T waste your salvia, SWIM's friends have tried this method and it does not work at all. I hope you read this in time.

Edit: Apparantly I may have spoken too soon. Maybe SWIM's friends did do it wrong. I would be willing to give it a try if anyone here had positive results.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2006
  5. blindpanda_eric

blindpanda_eric Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Hmm, well that sucks. So I'll have to do a small 1g salvia ->
    ~1mg SalvinorianA extract in order to do something like this. I
    wonder why this doesnt work...

6. wednesday

wednesday Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    well do yourself a favor
    5g of salvia its not a big deal

try it
    im going to

could it be that maybe your friend did it wrong?
    im just saying
    in experiments you don't do it once and stop
    so lets try it
    Paul

7. DoorsPerception

DoorsPerception Newbie

Reputation Points:
    couldent you just evaporate your entire soulution, then rehydrate with alcohol to make a super potent mixtuer that would be easier to put on blotters

8. emineo

emineo Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Salvinorum A is not "active" orally because of the following reason:

----
    Journal of Ethnopharmacology 43 (1994) 53-56

Salvia divinorum and Salvinorin A: new pharmacologic findings

Daniel J. Siebert

P.O. Box 661552. Los Angeles, CA 90066 USA

Received 18 August 1993: revision received 28 December 1993: accepted 24 March 1994

The diterpene salvinorin A from Salvia divinorum (Epling and Jativa-M), in doses of 200-500 µg produces effects which are subjectively identical to those experienced when the whole herb is ingested. Salvinorin A is effectively deactivated by the gastrointestinal system, so alternative routes of absorption must be used to maintain its activity. Traditionally the herb is consumed either by chewing the fresh leaves or by drinking the juices of freshly crushed leaves. The effects of the herb when consumed this way depend on absorption of salvinorin A through the oral mucosa before the herb is swallowed.
    ----

Now, taking the absorption through the oral mucosa one step further here's a couple suggestions..

1. Make a super potent extraction and continually swish it around in your mouth like mouth wash for as long as you need to.

2. Make a super potent extraction and try to get it mixed pretty homogenously with some type of oral gel.

No idea if either of those would accomplish anything near smoking it. Good luck though.

9. Alicia

Alicia Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    Hold the tab under your tongue

10. plantshaman

plantshaman Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    I have tried this method and it worked but was not as good as i had wished . I will try it again ... i think it has alot of potential .... when i have some more time i will write a little more about it .

11. gitst0opid

gitst0opid Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    It took around 10-15 mins of holding it under my tongue for it to work. I guess it's better than chewing the squib of leaves for 45mins.

12. plantshaman

plantshaman Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    I tried making blotter some time ago. I used 6 grams to make 2 blotters. I just didn't follow the tech above . I did a simple extract with isopropyl. I filtered and then reduced . Once it got down to a small amount i split it into 2 shot glasses. I cut a piece of blotter paper about the size of a quarter and placed on the bottom of each shot glass . I let it evaporate till completely dry. My G/f and I took it at the utah rainbow gathering. After holding the bitter paper under the tongue without swallowing for 20 minutes she reported a solid +1 and i found myself just barely plus one. I will try this one again sometime but will make a dose between 6 and 9 grams for each blotter but i think the extract will need to be cleaned up first . There will be too much wax on the paper and that will be nasty . my next oral salvia will be a tincture with some 8-10 grams but whats going to be diffrent is ... instead adding water to bring the alcohol to a reasonable concentration i'm going to add honey. This is covered in depth at tribe. Many reports claim less saliva and being slightly thicker it stays under the tongue rather than being diluted as the mouth fills with saliva . this helps keep the goods under the tongue . THe blotter method is also good because it keeps the salvinorin under the tongue . ...... word of warning and caution ! I am very familiar with salvia and 6-10 grams oral is something i would do but i do not recomend it for anyone else !

13. Urban

Urban Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    dude dont waste your salvia
    stick it in a pipe and enjoy it. let it take you on a trip through its natural smoke...
    x

14. Pinkavvy

Pinkavvy Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    And sublingual isn't a natural way? It's much less harmful to your lungs.

I say sublingual blotters are great ... BUT a good quid works just as good.

15. gotxp

gotxp Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I tried this a while ago, it worked... well, kinda. He found it was more waste of time to make the blotter, than it would have been to just smoke it. Swim never really has gotten much of a trip out of the sublingual method. He would say stick to an extract for best results.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2006
  16. meep

meep Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Sorry to post in the wrong section but do you think that would work with morning glory exration also? I was planning on doing an extraction with solvents then evaping in alcohol, this was then going to be rediluted and drunk in distilled water. If I was to pop a blotter in when the alcohol is low would this be roughly what You doing?

ta

17. shocker_baller04

shocker_baller04 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    From what I know of Salvinorum A, it would ONLY work to it's full potential when smoked. The Salvinorum A in the Salvia leaves have to be heated to 600+ degrees in order for it to be released from the foliage. When released and inhaled, it enters the lungs and is immediately sent to the bloodstream and into the brain. You need to large amount of Salvinorum to make you trip, so by taking it sublingually(sp?) in blotter form would cause for slow absorption and thus equalling a less intense trip with minor visuals.

Just stick to the proven method. Smoke it.

18. catchdog

catchdog Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    The "tried and true" method is sublingual, as pioneered by Mazatec shamans. Smoking the plant is a modern innovation. It does take a bit higher of a dose than smoked, but Salvinorin A is most potent naturally-occurring psychoactive compound known. The effect is usually somewhat milder when used sublingually (dose dependant obviously) and lasts longer, around 45 minutes.

19. catchdog

catchdog Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    It's not a mild trip. The effects come on more gently, but they can still take you far out. A lot of people prefer it that way because when smoking sometimes you are already coming down before you figure out what the hell happened, where as sublingually it lasts a lot longer and you can get a better sense of the space you are in. To each his own of course, but this method is in no way a "mild" trip. Check some of the reports on erowid.

20. bcubed

bcubed Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from Pennsylvania, U.S.A.
    SWIM's just curious why, if tincture burns like a mofo and blotter doesn't, why tincture is the market standard?

Since Salvinorin-A seems to be effective at about 3X sized dose of LSD, it'd be nice to get effects w/ blotter.

I will make both and report back. (Incidentally, since the amt of fluid used is much, much less than a harmful dose of isoprop (~1ml), would such a solution be less burning than 190proof ethanol?)

Last edited: Dec 22, 2008