Salvia divinorum does nothing / salvia was weak / disappointed by salvia

Discussion in 'Salvia divinorum' started by Drugaddict, Dec 6, 2006.

1. Drugaddict

Drugaddict Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Hi this is SWIM's first post.

I have tried salvia in a joint, a bong and using the quid method but gets nothing. Is that possible. He has tried different batches. I do inhale for long and keep the smoke in, any ideas?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2009
  2. wellhelm

wellhelm Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    38 y/o
    Re: Salvia dose nothing for me

First become familiar with swim(some one who isn't me) to avoid self incrimination.

You may be a salvia hard head.Or...

Don't waste salvia by smoking it in a joint. It does not work, salvia requires a lot of heat and a bong and a torch lighter are the only way to go. And like You said hold in smoke a min. of 20 seconds. Quid probably won't work for first timer's until salvia's reverse tollerance kicks in. Last: did You use plain leaf or an extract?

3. Mega maniac

Mega maniac Newbie

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o

I do think this torch lighter stuff is a bit of a farce. He had some of his best hits with a clipper, and as far as I know when you apply heat to any substance then force air by it it heats up beyond the heat of the flame. Hence why ember from a fire is hotter than the flame. Afterall I dont see our aboriginy cousins holding their newly purchased torch lighter over their salvia bowls.

4. wellhelm

wellhelm Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    38 y/o

Thats because our aboriginy cousins ate raw leaf and think its desecration to burn the plant.

Also, use of a torch lighter, like use of a bong, is recomended for best results. Its possible to get the same effects with a regular lighter and a bowl but the high temperature that is required to vaporize salvinorin A is more easily achieved with a torch lighter.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2006
  5. jardo

jardo Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Canada

If You smokes the mary jane that's probably what's not allowing You to enter Salvia land. I know from experience that when he smokes pot, the salvia is rendered virtually ineffective.

If You wants to try Salvia and experience the true effects, lay off the marijuana for about 1-2 weeks.

Torth lighter does work best, but I have also used a bic lighter with the same success. If You uses a bic, just hold the flame to the Salvia for the duration of the inhale.

6. Mega maniac

Mega maniac Newbie

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o

I'm just speaking from personal experience and have found no I have a torch lighter because the flame is forced downward when inverted making lighting of a bong bowel substantially easier. I just got the impression from reading postshere that it was a neccesity, which is misleading as itis far from it.

7. Pinkavvy

Pinkavvy Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

Smoke it through a water pipe with a torch lighter, hold hit to count of 20, exhale and take another hit and repeat. If this doesn't work for you, try an extract.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2007
  8. DigitalAngel

DigitalAngel Newbie

Reputation Points:
    37 y/o
    Try the x10 extract. A pinch on a bong. Burn it all and when its gone, keep taking it back....hold it for as long as you can possibly hold it (maybe 20/30secs) and you'll probably be gone before you manage to fully exhale.

It's a truly unreal and mindboggling experienece. Its a place without self-awareness, without dimensions, without comprehension. It creeps over the mind in seconds and you can feel it casting its net over your mind just before you're gone and unaware of life or being.

Not swim's idea of fun, but it was worth a try. Certainly not recreational.

If I had to liken it to anything it would be the whole place around you being cut horizontally and vertically (similar to that death contraption in the movie "Cube"). You can see but are not aware of what seeing actually is.

I got some of the normal leaf but didnt bother with it as it did little. Effects are in the extract if you're simply after finding out what it has to offer

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2007
  9. root_train

root_train Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Re: Salvia does nothing for me

I had your exact problem you... I tried 10x and it didn't do much, then he tried 20x it didnt work, so he took a big, huge, hit from his pipe(20x), and had his first trip... (the bedsheets became layers of carts...)

keep trying you, SWIM recomends buying 20x tourch lighters never made much of a difference for SWIM, just smoke it pipe, or bong. SWIM prefers a pipe...

A big hit of 20x should make anyone trip... Two or three is almost 100 percent chance of a good leval 4 at least...

I mean you have 2 minutes, each hit hold it in for 20-30 seconds to absord all the salvinorin A... Thats 4 big hits, which in all honesty a person would never make it past 3 for the most part... (this is 20x we are talking about)
    Go for it man

10. DigitalAngel

DigitalAngel Newbie

Reputation Points:
    37 y/o

Root- You're right. any x10/x20 extract, dragged for as long as you can and held in for as long as you can (on bong)........will take you fucking cosmically high....not to say its a nice or good-place-to-be type high

11. root_train

root_train Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

Salvia is interesting, although my or SWIM trips have been cool I havent really got much out of them to be honest...

Last edited: Dec 18, 2007
  12. Isochrist

Isochrist Newbie

Reputation Points:
    35 y/o from U.S.A.

When SWIM first tried salvia, there were little effects. Feelings of being pulled in multiple directions and a whole lot of sweating. After a few times of trying varying extracts, SWIM just gave up.

Recently a friend of I had a20X extract, and SWIM decided to try it again, after about a year since trying. This time was much different, resulting in a full blown salvia trip.

The times that were duds, a butane torch and water bong were used, hits held in, the whole 9 yards.
    The time that worked, a normal lighter and hash pipe were used. Also, I hadn't smoked any marijuana for a few months prior to the time when effects were achieved, so that very well may have something to do with it.

13. CrumbsInTheBed

CrumbsInTheBed Newbie

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o

The first time I did salvia, it was 13x in a glass piece with a normal lighter. I had the most intense trip of his life at that moment and won't go into trying to explaining.

However, a few weeks after that, I tried again using the exact same extract and smoking method, and got almost nothing. He has since tried using other pieces, water bongs, green flame torch lighters, and extracts beyond 20x and he gets absolutely nothing. I have completely given up on salvia.

Just to note, I am an experienced smoker and was smoking it correctly and very deeply every time he tried. He also held it in for a least 30 seconds if not longer on all occasions. I am frustrated and annoyed that salvia no longer works for him after such a crazy trip, and will no longer be a part of his life.

14. pieeater43

pieeater43 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    48 y/o

Ok. I have a question. I recently bought one gram of purple sticky salvia 15x. He used a piepe fit into a gatorade bottle with a torch and the only effects were just like the other 3 times I have used salvia. I feel the salvia gravity immensely sounds get a little distorted, uncontrollable ramblings and laughter/screaming and wierd thoughts and a little mild mild mild hallucinations. Whats wrong. I am thinking about making a waterfall bong would this be good so I could get more smoke? How much should I use he usually uses just a pinch.

15. root_train

root_train Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

To Someone who isnt pie eater ;)

Dude first what i would do make sure the 15x is good quality...

Then if I was having trouble triping this is what I would do...

Make three pipes with enough salvia in each bowl for a big hit...

You have two minutes before the salvia hits the brain (most of the time)
    You need to hold each hit in for thirty seconds (enough time to absorb most of the salvinorin A)

So with these logistics you should be able to smoke the first pipe, get a breath of fresh air, and smoke the second one, and so on with the third...
    I promise you will have success tell me how it goes man

16. pieeater43

pieeater43 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    48 y/o

Swim thanks you for the information.

17. psyche

psyche Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o from finland

What is this? Salvia not working if one has smoked weed recently? Can others confirm/refute this claim? If it holds I wonder how it wouldn't be commonly aknowledged. That'd also be the reason SWIM's attempts to get to salvialand have failed. Now I have bought a torch lighter and ordered some 5x extract. I am very entusiastic about salvia altough it seems to be unpleasent and disturbing to most people. Propably it's just because it's so intensive and extreme, easy to obtain and use, and doesn't last long.

18. root_train

root_train Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

Well another thing i thought I would bring up is not to get your hopes up to high... I mean some people have trips were they talk to God and see eternity, and others just see light visuals... Not everyone is going to have life changing experiances... I mean im sure most people can if they do it enough...

19. Bajeda

Bajeda Super Moderator Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

While you might be more likely to have an extremely powerful trip if you keep smoking salvia to try and get one, I think that paying more attention to set and setting and trying to optimize them for such an experience would be a better way to go about it rather than increasing consumption.

20. psyche

psyche Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o from finland

Well, SWIM'd be glad to have a powerful, full-blown experience from sally d at the first place. 5x should be enough to at least very strong, if not the most ultimate experience. I tried also 10x while at dam with the same results, gravitational pulls.