Salvia divinorum mixed with other drugs?

Discussion in 'Salvia divinorum' started by oggy, Jan 26, 2006.

1. oggy

oggy R.I.P. Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    36 y/o
    Would it be ok to take some dihydrocodeine and valium before taking salvia?

I want to trip on it but I have very bad anxiety and I think this might help.

2. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    117 y/o from The Netherlands
  3. bcStoner420

bcStoner420 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    True, if your not sure if your anxiety will affect you though I would say the best psychedelic to test it out on would be salvia. That way you get the idea of how psychedelics are affected by your anxiety. While salvia would be the most intense of them, if you did have a freak out or sometihng at least it would only last 5-10 minutes tops. Also if you can do salvia without freaking out, there is a very good chance you can with other psychedelics too.

If you do try it, try it with a therapeutic dose of valium beforehand. If that goes well, try it without. I don't think the DHC would help a whole lot.

4. Dogears

Dogears Newbie

Reputation Points:
    The best way to test unknown drug mixtures, after researching it as much a possible, is to start with low dosses of both drugs and slowly work your way up from there.

5. Urban

Urban Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    oooooooooohhhhhhhh .... i have been searching for the answer to this for days and not found it!!!...

ok here goes! does anyone know of any problems linked with salvia and other drugs?!

and... I am on lots of paracetamol and other pain killers and was wondering if it would still be ok to smoke some sally?!

x

6. geezaman

geezaman Gold Member Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    SWIM introduced a group of his friends to salvia all of whom enjoyed if and have done it again but one of them had a seemingly terrifying trip that reduced him to tears, he has since been put in therapy. His trip lasted for nearly 30mins though 15mins without let up and in and out still experiencing pretty strong effects for the latter 15 mins, he smoked less than I would to trip and I am usually only under for 5 mins, this very much enforced in swims mind that every one is different for the record he is about 10 stone SWIM being 13.5stone. my friend seems to have strong experiences on low doses of most drugs tried.

7. Bajeda

Bajeda Super Moderator Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I have mixed salvia with other substances such as psilocybin cubensis and lsd. I don't especially recommend this, or at least recommends that anyone who wishes to try this does so with low doses at first, as I got an intense trip when the synergisitc properties came together that Swim normally would be able to handle if it were only for the usual duration of Salvia, except that when mixed the intensified trip lasts much longer. Swim lost track of time and his trip sitter was slightly inebriated as well so he doesn't know how long the salvia/lsd trip lasts when combined, but it was too long for such an intensity.

As for valium or other drugs I amn't sure. He agrees with Alfa though, that you shouldn't use salvia if you are having anxiety problems. If a strong extract is used the anxiety may show itself in disturbing ways, which wont exactly help your problem.

8. Angel_Ashes

Angel_Ashes Newbie

Reputation Points:
    SWIM (for real) did LSD + a 0.5mg hit of 10x

9. jhenry

jhenry Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I have had anxiety and ocd issues for his entire life and has found salvia helps. specifically, after the peak, when SWIM starts to return to reality, his anxiety is completely gone. he has never experienced this utter lack of anxiety before, and though his anxiety gradually trends back towards baseline over a few hours, he believes simply experiencing himself anxiety-free may have lasting effects, in that he now has had a taste of that state and knows what it feels like and can try to find his way back there.

but caveat emptor: salvia seems to have drastically different effects on different people and even on the same people at different times. and swims only done salvia a few times, and always with a sitter.

10. jesusfreak666er

jesusfreak666er Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I do not really have anxiety attacks during LSD, or shrooms (occasionally during shrooms) but salvia is a mind fuck not a trip. Because of this swim tried taking 1mg of klonapin 40 minutes b4 a trip, and has also tried kava kava b4.... again though it calms down salvia a lil, one must remember what salvia is and accept it as such... salvia is a mind fuck and theres no way around that. one can prepare for a salvia trip but once its started there is no steering wheel and certainly no break, so if anxiety is a legitimate fear maybe salvia isn't right for you. I find that because of its legality everyone thinks salvia is right for them, and more often than not it isn't. hope that helped oggy

11. Potter

Potter Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Using other drugs to protect your self from the Lady seems like a good way to get her to kick your ass. If you don't have the will to face her head on, I'd be surprised if she's going to want to have anything to do with you at all.

Tobacco can be helpful for a grounding, not a whole lot, don't want to hurt your lungs before you really need them. But opiates and benzos for anxiety seems like real trouble. A shot or two of tequila is traditional...

I've used other sacraments before services to much wonderful effect. Tobacco, the little flowers of the Aztecs, even some more modern ones. These days I prefer to be turned on before seeing the Lady, though when it comes time to do so, I often decide not to do so. But if my night has not been as enlightening as I was hoping for, nothing like a short pilgrimage to remedy that.

Following

Love.
    Potter.

12. bcubed

bcubed Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from Pennsylvania, U.S.A.
    The only thing that SWIM can report is W/R/T mixing alcohol and Salvia...small amts alcohol made him sedated, moderate amounts made him essentially immobile, and the one time he did Sally while objectively "drunk"...instant blackout upon exhale! It might also have made it slightly more of a "body" effect vs. the exclusively "head" effect I am used to.

I have never heard this seconded, but then Salvia has always been fairly variable in effect across a population...

13. geezaman

geezaman Gold Member Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    more than ever as SWIM writes this he believes no one should ever be confident wit sally, I have used salvia many times, in the best recommended way and other various fasions, sometimes he has had a mild experience and even been able to steer it to a degree, and other times lost controll in every way, once you inhale her heavy brea you are at her mercy and that is it, se may accomodate you, she may send you somewhere happy and interesting so that you can explore an aspectof her reality or she might just decide to send you into a world of unexplainable pain, but as likley as any of those she might just make you go into hysterical repetetive laughter for a long time for no apparent reason you can detect, but still you cannot stop laughing. Each of those is chosen on her whim and other tahn deciding how much to smoke, you have no choice what so ever, Beware

14. Sangye

Sangye Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I have found himself prone to 'bad trips' for whatever reason. SWIM now takes a high dose of Kava before any psychedelic voyage, and is much more tranquil and open-minded entering the experience.

Kava is highly recommended for Salvia trips. :)

15. DOHP

DOHP Newbie

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o
    I would recommend out of any drug listed here you go with some good old fashioned opium. This is because it has a calming effect, but also works on the same reigion of the brain as Salvia; the Opiod Keppa Receptors.
    These two drugs combind will increase the potency of each other giving a better effect than any other drug combo.