Salvia divinorum not working...tried it twice already

Discussion in 'Salvia divinorum' started by liquidsnowboards, Jan 19, 2006.

1. liquidsnowboards

liquidsnowboards Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I'm just posting because I figured someone would be able to tell me what the hell I am doing wrong. Last nite as well as tonight, my roommate and I decided to try salvia after purchasing some 10X from a headshop. Last night I tried smoking it out of my water pipe and did two hits and held them in very long and blew them out. I didn't even get a buzz. My roommate did it after me out of his bowl and he said he felt a slight buzz but i felt nothing. I figured I'd try it again tonight after researching on the forums that I should have lights out, little sound, and little distractions. I tried it again tonight and held it in for a good 30 seconds, and did a second hit and held it for 20 seconds....nothing, not even a buzz!!! My roommate did it after me and did it the same way, and again he got a slight buzz, but nothing like what i've heard (lose sense of reality). Does anyone have any insight as to what the problem could be. We payed a good 30 bucks for this salvia and I want it to work. If anyone could help thanks.

2. bcStoner420

bcStoner420 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Sometimes it just doesnt work for any apparent reason. Mabey the plant material used for that extract was particularily weak. Anyway, try again, empty your lungs just before you hit it and fill up your lungs as much as possible, keep the lit flame on it the whole time your inhaling, then exhale after holding as long as possible.

I know a few girls who a couple days ago smoked salvia like marijuana. Smaller hoots and holding only a couple seconds, they were only smoking leaves and they all tripped their ass off. This leads me to beleive that the potentcy of salvia products can vary GREATLY!

3. joechip666

joechip666 Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    Strange. This is exactly what I did (10x, water pipe, 2 hits) for his first experience with salvia and his experience was quite profound (+++ for at least 5 minutes). Did you get any physical sensations (force field, creepy crawlies, gravity pulls)? Salvia is largely a physical trip unlike classic psychedelics. If not, try another brand.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2006
  4. liquidsnowboards

liquidsnowboards Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Thanks for the help everyone, I think I'm going to try a different brand...maybe that was the problem??? If anyone has any other insight feel free to help me out.

5. blindpanda_eric

blindpanda_eric Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    This is what I do every time. It is a different high than the normal salvia high.. more like a marijuana high, actually. No visuals, and for all I know is induced by lack of oxygen.

6. U-NiQUE

U-NiQUE Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I have tried salvia only once, and he also didnt notice anything at all.
    But he did it in a waterpipe without water, so the smoke was quite sharp. Maybe he just couldnt inhale good enough, cause u really need to try to get as much salvia as u can in 1 hit. U aint alone, because many people didnt experience something the first time. Reversed-Tolerance hehe ;)

Last edited: Jan 24, 2006
  7. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    U-NiQUE: Please read the rules and don't incriminate yourself. The Porkers are watching.

8. U-NiQUE

U-NiQUE Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Salvia is legal here?? But I'll edit :)

9. berny

berny Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Use a butane torch lighter. Don't confuse it with a electronic lighter, the flame on the torch should be much bigger and bluish, and burn much hotter. Also don't use a propane torch, that would suck. Its been said that it won't work at all without that.

10. HandyMan81

HandyMan81 Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands
    i went very far from salvia, 2 times. the last time i did it with a friend of mine and we went to lay on a bed in dark an quiet room. I started laughing for like 10 minutes my whole body tinkeling. My friend was screaming at me,: Move asshole why you are standing still on the stairs, go up!!! (we were laying on bed;)) I see nothing fun from salvia, to short and very irritating. Buy a 10x pack and put to clean pipe. Burn very slowly and inhale very slowly but try to get all in once and hold it! if this doesnt give you a BIG buzz.....

11. akirablaid

akirablaid Newbie

Reputation Points:
    First, never use a water pipe. That'll ruin some of the salvinorin for you.
    The general technique is to pack a full, tight bowl (the tighter the better), then you put the flame on it VERY gently (so it burns slowly and you get more smoke, so yuo waste less). Then you rip it hard, the biggest and hardest drags you can take, hold it in as long as you can, then move to the next hit.
    If it's the 10x you'll wanna take at least 5 hits in this fashion to feel the real effects.

12. McConnells43

McConnells43 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    lol ur all dumb ya need a buket kit or bong n a wind proof lighter, trust me you'll trip your ass off. Am not touching dat stuff again after wt appen'd 2 me !!! have fun LOL

13. Powder_Reality

Powder_Reality Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    If you're taking any SSRI medications, they can block out the effects of salvia. SWIM purchased 20x salvia when he was taking 2 different SSRI medications and didn't feel anything after he smoked it. A few months after he stopped taking his meds he bought some more salvia. It felt like his body was getting ripped open from the middle and spreading across the universe, if that makes any sense. Kinda hard to explain, but he could definately feel the effects to say the least.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2006