salvia divinorum powder extract

Discussion in 'Salvia divinorum' started by wednesday, Dec 14, 2004.

1. wednesday

wednesday Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    ok my second and third tests were started last night and finished (mostly) this morning

first of all i took two small mouth mason jars and filled one with 6 grams of plain leaf and filled the second with 1 gram of 10X extract

for reference sake lets call the plain leaf jar jar A
    and the etract jar, jar B

so in jar A i put 100 ml of 91% isoprophyl (i forget how to spell it) into the jar and it let the leaf have a little space so it could get to all of it

in jar 2 i put somewhere around 70 or 75 ml of the same 91% isoprophyl into it
    since i was working with less injar two i didn't want to use the same amount

i let them both sit forover 10 hours

this morning at 930 i added 900ml to both jars, shook and waited 15 minutes

i proceded to strain off the liquid into a large mouth mason jar, don't forget to squeeze the coffee filter, paper towel, or whatever you use to filter off the plant from the liquid, back into the large mason jar

so i was left with a large jar of green juice i then got out my metal plate put it on an electric stove on 2, 3 may work but it might make the end product a little more burnt than you want

so i poured in as much juice as the plate could hold and let it evaporate off

make sure MAKE SURE make sure
    that wherever you are is well ventilated, the isoprophyl not only smells terrible but can also be harmful, thats why you have to get it all evaporated

so after i evaporated all of jar A i let it cool off for a second and then got to work with a razor on the plate

you will see swirls and patters on the plate it will be much darker and even shiny

start scraping and you will see the powder start to pile up, once you get all the powder from the plate i let it sit in a baggie for two or three days (this isn't required but lets it air out a bit)

then put a small amount of this into a bong or pipe and toke away

on my last batch i put a very small amount into my smaller bong and took a small first hit and cleared the rest of the smoke out and i could already feel it

this is strong stuff so be very careful

i have to see what happens with jar B tommorow or maybe the day after

thoughts?

Paul

2. joh1200

joh1200 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    wow sounds hard

3. AdrenalineJunki

AdrenalineJunki Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    ^ agreed lol

4. konaandcooper

konaandcooper Newbie

Reputation Points:
    52 y/o
    The isoprophyl, or ethanol, or grain alcohol that you are using should ideally be 190 proof (95% alcohol) or higher for best results. Never use a filter or paper towel because the active ingredients are small enough to pass through the filter, so the best thing to do is to just pour off as much of the liquid as possible. After doing this, you must add the liquid again, and repeat this about six times. After six times, the alcohol will have burned off all the tar like residue from the Salvia (which creates a much easier product to smoke). When you have drained off as much as you can, place the container on the stove element at a very low tempertaure (keeping in mind that the liquid in your container is extremely flammable), The liquid will evaporate and the residue left over is the extract. It becomes very clear why extract is very expensive. The time needed to create this properly is huge. Hope this helps anybody interested in making their own.

5. wednesday

wednesday Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    it really isn't that hard of a process and since i have nothing but time it didn't seem like it took that much

just follow a step by step guide
    i just made my own up but i had a good idea of what i was doing and then i looked and mine is really close to most of the extractions

Paul