Salvia divinorum Use ... Alternative Adminsteration

Discussion in 'Salvia divinorum' started by CrystalDextro, Dec 24, 2005.

1. CrystalDextro

CrystalDextro Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Salvia isn't psychoactive orally but it can be absorbed through the lungs but has to be burnt at a high temperature, its harsh on the lungs unless you have a waterpipe. So for all the people who dont want to smoke salvia due to unavailablity of waterpipe or butane lighter there is another method my buddy is perfecting. Salvianorian A(my bad) can be absorbed through the mucus membrains in your mouth so he is using salvia in a tea bag so that the salvia builds in his blood slowely but the trip will be longer and possibly reach stronger effects with leaves if he smokes salvia during the peak of Salvia in his blood. Anyone have experence with this?

2. sands of time

sands of time Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    So basically your friend is putting salvia in a tea bag so he can suck on it in his mouth? Why not just use the leaves without the bag? At any rate, your friend will probably have no results with this method alone, but then you say hes going to smoke salvia during the peak, which he probably wont be able to feel anyways. Why doesn't he just smoke the salvia instead of wasting it by chewing it? The salvia won't build slowly in the blood, it will be matabalized as if it was smoked. None of these mentioned methods are new.

3. estel

estel Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I have some 20x salvia extract and have never manged to go very far with it . i'm a very bad smoker and cannot take the harch smoke of salvia and i was just wondering if i could use the oral method with my 20x extract i have about 750mg of it left would this be enough? I've also read some info about using mouthwash to increase it's absorbtion is this true?

4. sands of time

sands of time Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    I seriously doubt the oral method would work, especially with such a small amount. People who have tried said it does not work.

5. psychedelaholic

psychedelaholic Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from england
    I've tripped a once through chewing on salvia leaf. It's pretty unpleasant as you have to chew it for at least 20mins but the trip lasts a hell of a lot longer. I chewed up about 10g for half an hour. By the time I spat all the salvia out at the end of the 30mins I could already feel it working. I switched the lights off then laid down in my bed and felt very weighted down. I put the covers over me and they felt like they were lined with lead or something was a very comfortable feeling. I felt like I was on the verge of open eye visuals and was starting to get slight images forming in the darkness of figures standing over me.

When I closed my eyes I started experiencing really strong CEVs. It was like a trip on a strong extract but far less brutal and with no OEVs. I could see a load of people in multicolored jump suits linking arms and legs forming a large structure. I think it was a house can't quite remember though. I was part of this structure, which would dissapear as I opened my eyes then return upon closing them. The whole experience lasted well over an hour as I fell alseep after about 45mins then woke up needing the loo but could barely walk straight as the salvia was still running strong.

I've tried it again but it was nowhere near as strong and smoking is so much easier and uses far less salvia. Recently had some 10x which was completely mind blowing, when I'm feeling rich one day I'll get some of the legendary 40x.

6. bcStoner420

bcStoner420 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Whats all this talk about oral method not working, ive heard many times that it does its just much milder and longer lasting. If it doesnt just work straight up eating it, couldnt you "dissolve" or whatever you wanna call it in something its soluable in and ingest that? Assuming whatever its soluable in isnt toxic to ingest.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2005
  7. psychedelaholic

Reputation Points:
    from england
    I think salvinorin A is pretty soluble in ethanol as isn't that what salvia tinctures are? No method will beat smoking it in a bong for the strongest affects though

8. bcStoner420

bcStoner420 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Ya i was kind of getting at that, i thought i had heard of salvia tinctures before. I havent done it in a while though so im not 100% up to date on salvia and what not. Isnt salvinorin A different than what you smoke though, like some sort of process or something like that that modifies it? Or possibly a different plant? I dunno something like that.

9. a-SalviaLover

a-SalviaLover Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from guam
    it would be cool if it was snortable. It should work fine!

10. psychedelaholic

Reputation Points:
    from england
    I'm pretty sure Salvinorin A is just the active chemical in salvia divinorum.

11. CrystalDextro

CrystalDextro Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Psychedelaholic, that was a very interesting story good to hear it worked for ya, im definitely am going to try it when i have the salvia supply.

12. gitst0opid

gitst0opid Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    The oral method never worked for me. One time i took five 4-6in leaves, rolled them into a ball and chewed, holding in the juices and swishing it under my tongue. Did that for over 20mins and nothing happened. Just my experience with it, it's really hard to "break through".

13. psychedelaholic

Reputation Points:
    from england
    It didn't work as 5 leaves is nowhere near enough, you need at least 20. Chew up 10 for 20mins then spit them out and chew the other 10.