1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.

Salvia divinorum - What I have, and what to do with it

Discussion in 'Salvia divinorum' started by cosby, Dec 13, 2005.

1. cosby

cosby Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Dec 13, 2005
    I have about 1/2 of plain leaves crushed almost to a powder-like consistency.
    I have 1/2 of salvia tincture on the way in the mail, as well as a 1/4 ounce of plain leaves, uncrushed. Making extract out of the powdered leaves is difficult, since the only solvent I have is a 50/50 mix of isopropynol and ethanol (it's sketchy), and cooking extracts containing 91% ethanol (even sketchier).

Here are my questions.

1. Can the tincture be combined with the powdered leaves to increase the potency? Can the resulting paste be dried out and molded into a condensed block?

2. Can cigarettes be dipped into the tincture for an effective way to trip?

3. Can the salvia tincture be dosed out onto any kind of small food product and taken sublingually? Or basically, can sugar cubes be made out of salvia and sugar, and taken effectively?

4. Does tincture-soaked rolling paper really work?

5. Is there anything you'd suggest I'd do with the resources I have, to get the most out of my salvia?
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2005
  2. scyrusurcys

scyrusurcys Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Nov 19, 2004
    from U.S.A.
    Slightly, but doing this is going to give you quite a mouthful and could actually decrease the intensity level of your trip because of the discomfort.

I've never heard of this idea, although it doesn't sound very promising. After dipping the cigarette into the tincture, you would need a torch lighter to keep the cigarette lit and the salvia combusting. You might create some unwanted smoke witht the tincture since it isn't in a solid form.

If you're thinking of putting sugar cubes into the tincture, they will obviously melt soon after. You'd be better off mixing in a spoonful of sugar into your mouth with the tincture. Peppermint and butterscotch seem to work well as a cover-up. You can be creative with this one.

Salvia is salvia, my friend. Plain leaf will be 1x just like 5x will be 5x. The best tip I could give you is to use a water-bong with a torch lighter, or for quidding, using butterscotch/peppermint and/or lots of sugar. If you're wanting to go into extracts with your criteria, I would just suggest purchasing them from trusted vendors. If you have doubt in your recipe for making extract, I wouldn't make an attempt and risk losing that much salvia.

Hope my answers/opinions helped you! Good luck and have a safe journey!