salvia sublingual

Discussion in 'Salvia divinorum' started by Snowman, Apr 22, 2007.

1. Snowman

Snowman Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I want to try gentle salvia effects and wonders which product can be taken sublingual and in what dosage. Smoking is not an option because of health concerns. SWIM's shop has dried leaves and 5/10/20x sage extracts which is a dry substance and not a fluid as a image shows.

2. markdahman

markdahman Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    The liquid salvia u speak of is most likely a tinciture of some sort. Yet still smokable i believe it can be used as a quid. That means it can be used my the mouth. The stuff SWISM can get is extracted concentration of salviorin on leaves made easier for the smoking purpose. Also these can be used for sublingual use but they require additional preparations. Theres a few recipes on the forum look for Salvia Quid or go to erowid and check out the vault im sure u'll find something amongst these 2 great pages 2 help SWISM

Last edited: Apr 22, 2007
  3. JDreaming

JDreaming R.I.P. Gold Member R.I.P.

Reputation Points:
    I have once tried chewing a quid of dried salvia leaf and will not repeat that experiment. I found it extremely bitter tasting and unpleasant, as well as inneffective; the amount that would have to be chewed, and the length of chewing that would be required, would be unbearable. However, I have heard that taking Salvia liquid tinctures works much better. Apparently both easier to tolerate and made in such a way that Salvinorin content is much higher than in raw leaf (unmodified raw Salvia leaf is not very active). I have buying and trying, or possibly making, a tincture on his to-do list.

4. Bajeda

Bajeda Super Moderator Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Salvia Divinorum Tincture

That thread may be helpful to you.

Chewing a quid of leaves (I believe fresh works much better) will produce the gentler effects You is looking for, without the burn of the tincture.