Salvia: The Scariest Hallucinogen On The Face Of The Earth

Discussion in 'Salvia divinorum' started by Lucid_Dreamer, Feb 14, 2007.

1. Lucid_Dreamer

Lucid_Dreamer Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    First, let's start out by saying that I am 18 years old, and Salvia Divinorum is the only hallucinogen I have ever tried.

The setting:
    I was at a friends house, outside on the back porch. It was dark out and there were no lights on except for inside the room behind him through the glass sliding doors. It was also fairly cold outside too. SWIM guesses it to be around 55-60 degrees.

The Preparation:
    I started off by going outside and grabbing a chair and facing it away from the house out towards the back yard. SWIM then grabbed his glass spoon, a regular Bic lighter, and his 2 grams of 30X Salvia. SWIM sat down and got a pinch of the Salvia and dropped it onto the screen in his spoon.

The Trip:
    SWIM put the spoon up to his lips, held the flame over the Salvia until it all glowed red, and then proceeded to inhale SLOWLY as to keep the Salvia burning at the highest temperature possible. SWIM finished off the hit and held it in for what seemed like forever but in reality was only 15 or so seconds.

SWIM then blew out the smoke and felt the Salvia Goddess smack him right in the face. He dropped the lighter, dropped the spoon, and dropped his mind. I was sent into an unknown reality. A reality where there was no up, no down, and everything was swirling about and was constantly in motion. I started off by seeing what seemed to him to be dump trucks driving along. But these trucks weren't ordinary. They were made up of TINY dump trucks, and each of those tiny trucks were made up of even smaller dump trucks. The trucks were going in a wierd pattern all around him and he couldn't distinguish what he was seeing. He then heard a voice. A voice he knew to be coming from the mouth of his best friend coming outside to check on him. I tried to move but couldn't. He was stuck in a loop. I would think he had stood up and then realize he was still sitting completely still nodding away into nothingness. He would try again. Failure. SWIm began to get really scared. Terrified actually. He wanted to scream. He wanted to scream for someone to help him...for someone to snatch him out of the god forsaken reality. Finally after 3 minutes of this, I was able to lift his head and snap out of it.

Then the even wierder part of the trip happened. I became the HOUSE! He grew into the door frame and was no longer a person. He was nothing. Just a spectator watching life go by. I was like this for yet another 3-4 minutes until he felt what he thought to be his friends arm on his shoulder. SWIM looked to his left but only to find that his friend was a mile away. No where even near him at all. I tried and tried to get back next to him and he came rushing back towards his friend in the blink of an eye. Picture the part in the movie "The Matrix" where reality and its surroundings are dropped down around Neo and he is back in the real world. This is what happened to SWIM.

I was finally able to stand up and decided to walk around the back yard of his friends house until the Salvia wore off. He walked around for what seemed like forever, trying to avoid the "holes" all over the yard. When SWIM finally calmed down, he went back inside and sat down. I didn't want to talk. All he wanted to do was sit there and do nothing. I felt as if his life had been ripped away from him and then as soon as it was gone it was thrown back at him. Right at his face.

SWIM came to realize how powerful Salvia was and is. Ever since that day, I have had the utmost respect for the Salvia Goddess. He is not afraid of her, but afraid of what she does.

I have only tried Salvia on 2 other occasions since then and has lost the desire to do so after a few more intensely crazy trips where Salvia grabbed him by the throat and squeezed his life out.

I say he plans on using it again, but not until he can be somewhere extremely comfortable where he can trip in peace and have friends that won't bug him asking him how it was and yelling his name to get his attention the whole time he is witnessing Salvia's power firsthand.

I hope you guys enjoyed reading SWIM's story about the great and magical Salvia Divinorum Goddess.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2011
    1. 5/5,
      Nicely written report
      Feb 15, 2007
  2. Schwag

Schwag Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Yeah, this seems to happen a lot with Sally D, people think they've become an object. I remember a while back when salvia wasn't as well known where he lives. He remembers hearing a story about a guy smoking Sally and he ended up thinking he had been a rock for a thousand years.

3. DrMuffy

DrMuffy Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Yeah, Salvia, ecspecially the extract can cause powerful experiences. For some people Salvia is really fun, but for others, its an out-of-control trip into hell. SWIdr falls into the latter group. He has smoked several grams of the extract over many occasions, and everytime he regretted it. But to each their own...

4. Orchid_Suspiria

Orchid_Suspiria Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    40 y/o
    I have an interest in salvia and wants to try it but after reading this and a few reports on erowid I am abit apprehensive.The way SWIM sees it is if it is that powerful if it SWIM enjoys it it has a good chance of being one of the most beautiful experiences he has had.

5. podge

podge Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    Salvia is a wild ride....no doubt. But if You is going to try salvia then start small....get a 5x extract and take a small hit. dont dive straight into 20x . I find sally to be very powerfull and very bizarre....and very interesting.

6. Orchid_Suspiria

Orchid_Suspiria Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    40 y/o
    "Salvia is a wild ride....no doubt. But if You is going to try salvia then start small...."

Sound advice on any new or unfamiliar substance.Since I am unfamiliar with salvia he would like to know is there any other substances which salvia can be compared to or is it completely in a class of its own?

7. Lucid_Dreamer

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I forgot to mention that I have tried 20X Salvia on 5 occasions in the past and decided to step it up to 30X. I said it was way to intense for him and likes the trip of 20X better.Also...SWIM let his friend's dad try the 30X Salvia...Except SWIM gave his friend's dad 5 times what I had smoked....And let him smoke it through a water bong. Bad mistake. I thought he had killed his friend's dad. He was coughing and snoring and shaking and yelling and all kinds of unnatural stuff. SWIM grabbed the guys shoulder and looked at him and said "Calm down" and he looked back at him with a look of death in his eyes and said "I can't get 'em off me! (Started scratching at face) GET 'EM OFF!"I was scared shitless. He didn't know what to do. He compared watching his friend's dad to watching a small child drowning in the middle of a lake, knowing you have no way to save him.And I would advise to start out with a low extract. Try 10X first and then go up from there. Salvia is not a plant to mess around with. Don't do it for fun. Do it for the trip. It may scare you but don't be afraid of it because then the Salvia Goddess will do you like she did SWIM....Grab you by the throat and squeeze your life out. Respect Salvia.Just always remember:Know Your Body - Know Your Mind- Know Your Substance - Know Your Source

8. meep

meep Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    League of its own. I was blown away, the trip is a major surprise. I have only eaten mushrooms and san pedro but thinks neither of these come close to the visuals you will get on salvia. Salvia does give you the 'shroom head' and that feeling of 'in your head, behind your own eyes as if you were watching rather than participating' feeling.

Swim compares it most to a lucid dream. Things are what they seem, rather than what they are. I have been a child in his home before (In reality I was crawling about in a friends house shoutting to him self) It was MY house, it looked like MY house but really, it wasn't. I have also been on a large rushing plain of light and colour. (im reality I was stood stating at a blank brick wall) You will be fine if You starts with a small dose to get a feel.

If You should get worried about the trip, You should remind him/her self that You has taken a drug and it WILL end. This has helped with swims and my friends before.

Ah, swim loves salvia. :eek:

All I can say to the DEA is ha. If swim cant buy it I will grow it. Its near enough a household plant.

9. Lucid_Dreamer

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Plus it isn't illegal to grow it..haha...I think that is what he is going to do. Not going to use it for "spiritual" purposes though. Plus his state says it's illegal to posses salvia for consumption...but it is legal to have salvia for decoration purposes. Just sucks that it is classified as a Class A Misdemeanor...Same as Heroin.

10. DxCore

DxCore Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Interesting Trip Lucid.

I recently Tried salvia again for the 3rd time and felt as if he was fluffy, everthing was fluffy. The only way he could describe it was by saying seasme street to his friends who also in slavia-land.

11. senorsalvia

senorsalvia Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    I have been toking Sally for several months when he got his head kicked by the Green Goddess.... I had started out by buying an ounce... Swim liked it.... Swim then scored a lb off the net and made his own couple of ounces of 8X.... He usually smoked 2-3 times a day, doing 4-6 rips on the ole bong at each session.... One day, Swim came back from the library and began toking his usual few cones of 8X.... All of the sudden, I was hit with a huge wave of paranoia.... My' 'observer self', that part of Swim that sort of keeps track of My drug induced states began wispering the old cliches "it's all in 'yer head/ ya just smoked some Sally, not to worry"//etc... Seconds later, I had a gut wrenching fear that he had somehow come into possession of a massive stash of acid, that he had eaten some, and now, was liable to get caught holding the illegal trip... Despaeately trying to hold on, Swim stashed his Salvia in the closet, and sat staring at his bong.... I had a sneaking suspicion the bong had some purpose and meaning, but damned if Swim knew what it was.... About that time, Swim heard voices coming up his walkway. (My front door was open).... Paranoid, Swim listened intently to the voices.... He could hear his mom telling his dad to just calm down / the poor boy had a drug problem.... I could hear the 'ole man bitching' 'damn kids' gonna end up dead, OD'd on whatever stupid shit he does.... Well, there it was, I was about to get busted by the folks.... Swim just sat on the couch, expecting the folks to come busting in.... It was only then, that reality came swooping in on 'ole Swim..... Shiiiit!!!!! I had just smoked some Sally.... I was definitely not some teeny-bopper about to get hassled by his folks.... In fact, I was an adult living in his own place, and My folks had been dead for many years!!!!!!!:crazy ------ Yep, Salvia can sometimes really put 'ya "OUT THERE"..................... sal..........

12. podge

podge Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    Complete league of its own....You will never have felt anything like it before. Swim might actually buy some sally soon as its been months since he hit it. Or I will consider chewing sally for a longer but weaker trip.

13. AntiAimer

AntiAimer Newbie

Reputation Points:
    A guy Smurf knows, thought there was demons and all the chairs around him started danceing and singing.

Smurf has onyl tryed saly a few times, but never tripped. After he would smoke it he'd get this nasty feeling as if one side of his body was being pushed down by gravity. Then he had a sense there was someone else in the room(Sally, even know he didn't see anyone just a feeling) and he always gets extremely hot sweating instantly. All this made him think he shouldn't go further because it was a sign of something evil about to happen(IE bad trip). Also after the first puffs, he gets a feeling of not wanting to even do more to trip. Very strange, only once he had a semi-good experience with a friend but they both didn't trip they just couldn't stop laughing almost like there first experiences with Marijuana(But wasn't pleasant like it was on Marijuana) Also they had deep voices for a minute or two, sweating. Both didn't like it and was Smurf's last time doing sally. Gave the rest away.

Smurf was told by a person when he did it, he would look at a car and it would be stacked on cars apon cars. Any rate, the title of this post says the scariest Hallucinogen but yet the poster has only done salvia.....???? Right.

14. podge

podge Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    No....it seems most swimmers who responded also have experience in salvia.

15. Bajeda

Bajeda Super Moderator Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I think AntiAimer meant the threadstarter's smurf has only tried salvia yet is saying it is the scariest hallucinogen. Don't think he was referring to all the people who replied to the thread.

16. Lucid_Dreamer

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I will say it is the scariest. You have no control over ANYTHING. When SWIM told himself he was on Salvia and it would be over soon, he got even more frightened. It just wouldn't end.

From other friends uses they say on shrooms or the like when they have a bad trip, telling themselves its just made up and its a trip calms them down. This does not work in the case of Salvia.

17. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    117 y/o from The Netherlands
    There is no difference between 10X or 30X, besides the dosage. 0.2 grams(200 mg) of Salvia 10X gives exactly the same effect as 0.066 grams(66 mg) of Salvia 30X

You obviously didn't know his substance as he doesn't know what dose he took. There is no way to eyeball 66 mg of salvia divinorum extract. It is most likely that You overdosed. And you's friends father? That goes far beyong overdose. You may want to invent a new word for that.

Although the effects of Salvia divinorum can be very intense, a overdose is probably a guarantee for a bad trip. The bad trip You had can be atributed to the dose, not to Salvia divinorum.

18. meep

meep Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Not to mention the fact he didn't know what he was taking. If a friend of swims gave him that and I didn't know what was coming. sigh.

19. AntiAimer

AntiAimer Newbie

Reputation Points:
    People need to remember, everyones differen't what one may trip off of someone else wont. 10x 20x 30x60x w/e.....wont matter depending on ones metabolism and body(Not even adding environment or mind set byond other things) Wont change if you have a good trip or a bad trip. Drugs can be very unpredictable, one can have a great time for days apon days takeing the same doses or more and then one day they have a extremely bad trip\high breaking there ego and whatever else.

Reason why if one chooses to abuse a drug, they really need to know there substance. So when something bad happens they can deal with it no matter how bad it is. Hallucinogen or not, dont become just another statistic. One reason why, Salvia is getting so much attention in the media. Even know Smurf doesn't like it himself, only assumes it will be just another schedule drug once abused by people who couldn't control themselves. Which really sucks.

Everyone has bad trips....light to extreme.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2007
    1. 1/5,
      are you saying it doesn't matter what strength of extract you take? Your post is confusing.
      Feb 20, 2007
  20. zera

zera Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from Illinois, U.S.A.
    Well it's pretty hard to listen to someone calming you down when you can't tell the difference between people and furniture, and can't figure out which group you're suppose to listen to.

Some of the trip reports in here have been remarkably similar to swim's bad experience on it. It was especially interesting how one person compared it to Sesame Street, because swim himself used this exact description before. Crazy.