1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Salvia Tolerance?

Discussion in 'Salvia divinorum' started by brink, Apr 16, 2006.

1. brink

brink Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male
    Wait Period For Salvia divinorum ?

SWIM tried salvia recently and experienced his first outerworld experience. He was very pleasantly suprised by its intensity, yet upset today when he tried smoking it again and didn't return to his previous state.

SWIM has also tried acid and understands there is a recess period where one cannot achieve the full effects for up to six months. Is it the same with salvia - is there a wait period before he can trip again?

P.S. Also, SWIM is interested in knowing if anyone has also tried salvia with a perculator - any comments would be helpful.

2. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male
    Regards your statement that one needs up to 6 months for tolerance to LSD to disappear: That is utter bunk. Tolerance to LSD will be gone in a week or less. Where did you hear this 6 month figure?

3. brink

brink Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male
    Probably through the grapevine; thanks for clearing that up. So is there no downtime period at all for salvia, then?

4. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male
    I have no knowledge of tolerance to Salvia developing - or not. Anyone else?

5. raven3davis

raven3davis R.I.P. Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    Male
    SWIM has little knowledge but he has done Salvia several times in one night without any noticable tolerance. He also tripped the next morning without and noticable tolerance. His friends did the same thing and they tripped very hard each session. This experiment was with salvia 20x extract.

6. fatal

fatal Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    swim told me that never has tolerance been noted for salvia with extract ranging 5x - 20x over the course of several years. swim told me this includes binge behavior and that smoking more than one time in succession does not seem to have an effect on most(all) people, in swim's experience that is. of course there may be individuals who do experience diminished effects. swim has just never noted this. quite the opposite actually some people need to smoke it more than once to achieve effects for the first time. it also seems to swim as though when one has already smoked it and is returning to reality and wishes to extend the experience that it takes a smaller amount to go back... thusly further implying a reverse tolerance effect perhaps.

7. sands of time

sands of time Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male
    I was under the impression that salvia causes a reverse tolerance. That is, after trying it the first time, the 2nd experience should be more intense. It seems entirely possible for a normal tolerance to be built over time though.

8. Thirdedge

Thirdedge Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from earth
    I too was under the impression that salvia causes a reverse tolerance. This could partly be due to the user learning how to go with / welcome on the trip.

Salvia is definetly hit or miss though, set, setting, and other mystery factors all seem to play a far greater role in Salvia trips than perhaps were other more traditional substances.

9. Angel_Ashes

Angel_Ashes Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Female
    SWIMs tolerance did go up after about 15 trips. SWIM did the next 5 all after eachother, and you know the heart stopping fear that fills you?? I didn't get that. Then I waited another month, and then the feeling came back. I had smoked 2 gs of 20x that day with 3 other people. But the tolerance went back down after waiting a month.. This was after a lot of salvia smoking, too.

10. Female

Female Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o Female from U.S.A.
    Heart stopping fear? SWIM hasn't ever felt that with dear Sally. Anyways, SWIM's tolerance has never been noted, each trip varies in intensity for SWIM depending on her state of mind.

11. Angel_Ashes

Angel_Ashes Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Female
    Well, it happened to swim the first time she saw herself literally get sucked from the planet. She saw the earth get farther and farther away and was reaching out. That was heart stopping fear for swim, since she felt that she wasn't ready to end my life forever and go forwards into the universe for all eternity.

It's not exactly a fear that swim gets, it's more like.. a heart stopping.. feeling...
    Of realization. The fear part was the fact of realizing that what is happening is real (the first few times swim did salvia)

But yes, don't take the fear part literally.. :confused:

Swim's heart feels like it stops everytime she does it for the first second that it hits her, because she is like

"here..we..go..again...*breath*"

Let me rephrase though. That feeling of intensity.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2007
  12. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from ireland
    Aside from experiential tolerance, salvia has no other tolerance to speak of.

13. meep

meep Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.K.
    Swim smoked Friday night got intense and had an amazing trip.
    Swim tried again Sunday night and had no visuals, just felt very very stoned.

Does salvia have a 'drying out' period like shrooms? Swim finds shroom trips are better weeks apart. Is this the same for salvia ?

(swims trip report can be found in the trip report, its only small, dont get excited)

14. Bajeda

Bajeda Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    Re: Drying out period?

Salvia Divinorum is interesting in that it seems to exhibit reverse tolerance effects. I believe this is in the very short-term though, so if you smoke multiple times in a session covering the span of a number of hours you will get increased effects (or simply require less of a dose) each progressive time. Someone would have to check on that though, and even then I don't know how conclusive the evidence is on it, I think its all anecdotal but I'll try to scour up some pdfs on the topic later if they exist.

Otherwise I don't think there would be a difference in effects from smoking more salvia the day after smoking some, or maybe some reverse tolerance would be exhibited.

Swim isn't quite sure about this question as salvia isn't a substance he really gets the urge to use often. Its more of a one trip and hes done for a good while substance for swim. Maybe if he experiments more with mixing kava and salvia to get more positive experiences he would be willing to try multiple sessions spread out to test tolerance effects, but otherwise swim doesn't care to visit Sallyland too often.

You should also check these threads for some more experiences and information -----> http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8918 and http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17951

Last edited: Feb 5, 2007
  15. muthaphukkin_real

muthaphukkin_real Newbie

Reputation Points:
    27 y/o Male
    SWIM smoked salvia, but didn't go on a trip, they just got high. The slavia was 10x. For SWIM to trip when smokin it, would it have to be a higher potency e.g. 20x, or whatevas higher than da?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2007
  16. meep

meep Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.K.
    Were swiy smoking it throug a bong with a good lighter? These are important factors. As is having the biggest hit of the bong you can can holding your breath. Swim preferes one huge cone and holding his breath to having multipul hits. One big hit will give you a better trip.

17. LeGalizeit

LeGalizeit Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male
    Swims don't belive this Reverse tolereance..

Swims friends and Swims been smoking Salvia on many different occasions, through the same means. Even tried Home made Gravity bongs...

Still the Trips alwaYS SEEM TO BE LESS AND LESS INTENSE.. cant break through into the other reality again.. very sad

Last time no hallucinations, just confusion. (such as thinking there were more people in the room than there really were but unable to see them)

Also sometimes would think that Swims is driving a car but in reality Swims was just sitting on the floor..
    All the people the people that Swims have known in life that take salvia have all broken through or had object trips the FIRST TIME, but NEVER AGAIN.....

So swims don't undersand how people can talk about reverse tolereance..

18. Salvinorin A

Salvinorin A Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    Swim also feels this tolerance, but doubts it's a physical tolerance.

His first body high experiences felt a HUGE gravitational pull and on other occasions tingling as if water droplets were landing on parts of his body.

Now however, SWIM gets tingling all around his body (which turn into visuals lol) that feel awkward, as if my foot fell asleep, closer to a painful tingling. SWIM doesn't mind, but definitely notices a difference.