Salvia Windowpane Possible?

Discussion in 'Salvia divinorum' started by IdiotBox, Jan 12, 2007.

1. IdiotBox

IdiotBox Newbie

Reputation Points:
    43 y/o
    SWIM told me recently about an interesting possibility on Salvia.

SWIM's Notes:

1 gram of 5x Salvia leaf is extracted into +/-200ml 98% ethanol producing a dark green liquid.

Ethanol solution is mixed with 1/2 Tbs. commercially available gelatin and refridgerated to set-up.

Gelatinized solution was then allowed to sit out in open air for 2-3 days evaporating moisture from the gelatin producing a thin, green, rubbery film.

Film is divided into several "Panes" proportionate to desired dosage.

A single pane is dissolved sublingually.

I read My notes and wondered if this was possible. Anyyou's have insight on this (yes I have seen the blotter thread)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2017
  2. CherryCake

CherryCake Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Very very unlikly; and if it did then it would probably be very weak.

From what I know Ethanol does not extract Salvia Crystals from the leaves.

3. scyrusurcys

scyrusurcys Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    It is possible, but only to a small extent - as CherryCake stated. You doesn't want to put extract into their mouth. It can cause discoloration of the teeth and isn't worth experimenting with. You would be better off smoking the extract and feeling results in that manner.

4. IdiotBox

IdiotBox Newbie

Reputation Points:
    43 y/o
    I was just looking for a slightly less abrupt transition and thought this might be a better way. SWIM now wonders if Acetone would evaporate completely enough to be safe in this manner.

Alternately, swim wonders of pure Salvinorin-A could be used and just mixed into solution as is. However, prices on such things are out of my reach, and the attainable amounts are well beyond swims need. Perhaps I will just try extracting some raw leaf on his own and test that out.

5. scyrusurcys

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I understand what you mean by not jumping the gun when using Salvia. You can also use the quid method by rolling up about 4-7 whole leaves into a cigar-like wrap and holding it in the mouth. This will not be as crude as say, an extract. You can also use this guide to create a ticture: http://www.erowid.org/plants/salvia/salvia_extraction4.shtml

6. Pinkavvy

Pinkavvy Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Do a search for salvia quid methods. I know swip has posted at least one here.

7. IdiotBox

IdiotBox Newbie

Reputation Points:
    43 y/o
    I have tried the tinctures and the alcohol burns his mouth and he does not feel shit from the tincture. SWIM also saw and independent study of Salvinorin content of commercially available tincture that said that they were "Subpotent" as to actual Salvinorin A content. And since Salvia itself is fairly variable where potencies are concerned, SWIM wonders how he could reach a verifiable mcg/mg per ml end product. I am aware that saturation of some solvents is known but, that means that I would have to create an extract that is oversturated (ie salvinorin falling out of solution), decant off the liquid portion, etc...

When You has done quid style, has You used rehydrated dry leaves? This is one method that I have not tried.

8. scyrusurcys

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I have tried the quid method with 12 rolled-up leaves hydrated in a mixture of water, honey, and a few drops of lemon juice. He felt no effects from this method [held under tongue for over 30 minutes]. He was slightly disappointed that this did nothing, as he is very sensitive to Salvia when smoked in leaf form.