salvinoran a/c LD50?

Discussion in 'Salvia divinorum' started by fnord, Apr 1, 2007.

1. fnord

fnord Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    anyone have a refrence to teh highest know salvia dose?swim hates the stuff,puts his life in perspective and makes him feel horrible,yet he wants to do a medium sized extract,clean it up and makes shinny little crystals and do as large of a dose that would be safe.any help/idea?

2. Buddah

Buddah Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    1G of leaf/kg. It's not a realistic ld50, but it's there. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2007
  3. fnord

fnord Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    but what aboute pureish 90%+ salvianoren crystals? 50X is a goey substance so crystals are probly 200X so thats around 200 grams per 1 gram crystal(just gusseing on the leaf to crsytal ratio) so yes,if I am very self destructive(and he is)this could be realistic.swim want to do this as safe as posible.so any info befoer he embarks on an amnesia inducing voyage would be apreciated.

4. Buddah

Buddah Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Yea and well if its 200x it would be .005/kg

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2007
  5. Salvinorin A

Salvinorin A Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Well first of all, the average sal-A content in leaves is 2.5mg per gram of leaf so that makes 1 gram of pure sal-A (1000 / 2.5) 400X. Which btw You should never smoke because it will probably make You pass out. You will 99.999999% of the time pass out before ODing on Salvinorin-A.

Personally Buddah, I have never seen an official LD50 for Salvinorin-A. 1 gram of leaf per kg? what is 1 gram of leaf? as in normal leaf? I weigh 54kg, smoking the amount of salvinorin (54 * 2.5) 135mg of Salvinorin-A. I have heard of many people smoking around 100mg per dose (hard heads).

However, this source states: http://thomas.munro.com/salvia.htm

that the LD50 in mice is 358mg/kg. Rather than 2.5mg/kg like You states.

6. Buddah

Buddah Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I said 1 gram not miligram so it would 54 grams for an overdose

7. Salvinorin A

Salvinorin A Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    You said 1G of leaf/kg, my friend. and as SWIM explained. leaf does not mean Salvinorin-A. So unless You clarifies what "leaf" is in terms of salvinorin A, I have no clue what you mean.

And I have seen somebody smoke more than 54 grams. As in, I have seen somebody smoke half a gram of 100X (the equivalent of 1 full gram of 50X which is about the same Sal-A content of 54grams of leaf, a little less) and nothing happened to him, except he got a little high. But like I said, this person is a hard head, so it just doesn't affect him much at all. And this guy was also around 54kg btw.

8. Bajeda

Bajeda Super Moderator Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Either swiy's friend didn't smoke it quite right, or he is one hell of a hardhead!

9. Salvinorin A

Salvinorin A Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    One hell of a hardhead indeed. I think that he is one of those 10% of people in which salvia doesn't affect them.

10. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    117 y/o from The Netherlands