san Pedro cutting

Discussion in 'Peyote & San Pedro' started by WinterTree, Jun 14, 2006.

1. WinterTree

WinterTree Newbie

Reputation Points:
    If I was to buy 3 6-inch cuttings, would it be sufficient enough to give SWIM and one or two of his friends a trip also? Now I know that the potency varies in these things but assuming that they are weak just for measurement sake, would they do the trick for SWIM and a few of his pals? Thanks for any help I have found cacti very interesting and after being an avid fan of Huxley and Thompson one can't help but want to try them.

2. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    117 y/o from The Netherlands
    It is not important how long the cuttings are. It's the weight what matters. For a full on trip on the green flesh of the san pedro cutting, one needs a cutting weighing between .9 and 1.3 kg. The green flesh contains the most mescaline. For information about preparation, please read trough this forum.

3. plantshaman

plantshaman Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    alpha is correct but keep in mind for fresh cactus a dose for one person is about 6 - 15 inches of cactus 2-3 inchdes in diameter . This is a broad range with 6 inches being a happy bounce in your step and 15 inches intergalactic chaos which is probably more scary than fun for most people(doses over 8 inches are not recomended for someone unfamiliar with high dosses of powerful psychedelics) . because of potency , amount of water , diffrent diameters etc you just can't be totaly sure of your dose even when you weigh it. so I say the thing to do is start out easy with 6-8 inches per person and slowly work your way up in seperate experiments. remember its ideal to space your trips to about once a month but once a week should be reasonable.

Swim says if your cuttings is only about 3-6 inches then most likely it won't do much. instead of wasting it by consuming it you should let a scab form on the cut then place into well drained soil. The cactus will produce about 1 dose per year but its important to wait until the cactus is a few years old so it has had time to build up goodies before harvest.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2006
  4. Leafteaner

Leafteaner Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I agree. If your cuttings have a decent (3") diameter you could probably split the 3 cuttings between 2 people and have a good time. It probably won't be too strong. As for weight, based on a foaf's experience the dose range that Alfa gave is good.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2009