1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.

San Pedro Sick?

Discussion in 'Peyote & San Pedro' started by HarpuaRules, Jan 14, 2005.

1. HarpuaRules

HarpuaRules Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Jan 14, 2005
    I ingested San Pedro last week, it was an increditble experience but I am not posting to speak of it. My experience was on Sunday (4 days ago). Today Thursday I have fallen ill w/ flu like symptoms. I work in the medical field and i see lots of people. I was wondering if the cactus could have altered or lowered my immune system or was this illness just lurking in me waiting to make me miserable. Any insight on this would help. I personally feel that the plant would help combat whatever is trying to hurt but am not sure. Thanks in advance for your time!
  2. Dr_H

Dr_H Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Jan 7, 2005
    from California, U.S.A.
    I have tried san pedro many times and on occasion he has felt pretty wiped out and lethargic the day after but almost always optamistic. I think there is some body recovery involved especially when lack of sleep or dramatic sleep schedule change. Vitamins are used up and dehydration can be a factor.He has never felt thathis immune system was compromised by the cactus. I think that it was probably just going around and if you work in the medical field then your odds of catching it are probably increased. You know what to do, lot of fluids and rest. Feel better.