1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.

Health - Schizophrenic: Is it safe to take LSD?

Discussion in 'LSD' started by Afroman4fro20, Dec 16, 2005.

1. Afroman4fro20

Afroman4fro20 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Dec 8, 2005
    30 y/o
    Hey im curious about acid but have just been diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia would it be safe to take acid? I hear it might not be or might be what is it. Thx
  2. Pinkavvy

Pinkavvy Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    Jul 3, 2004
    from U.S.A.
    you should ask your doctor. obviously you're not any kind of severe case of schizophrenia (or you wouldn't here typing in this forum.)
  3. Freak_

Freak_ Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    Sep 27, 2005
    from Germany
    nobody can tell you its 100% safe....even on people who are perfectly healthy it could bring out something.
  4. Caliform

Caliform Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Jun 9, 2005
    Since there is a lot of literature and research in LSD / mental illness cases, I advise you to get a doctor (who's duty is to keep it silent) his advice, and read the literature of Grof (Stanlislav Grof) and other LSD Psychotherapy. Some can be found on MAPS or the internet, others in libraries. I have heard significant improvement as well as terrible decline of mental condition, but as it is said, it's different for anyone. Even perfectly 'healthy' people can react violently bad.
  5. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    Jan 14, 2003
    117 y/o from The Netherlands
    Although acid can be helpfull in clinic treatment, I do not consider it safe for people with paranoid schizophrenia to take any psychedelic. Although many use LSD as a recreational drug, I do not consider it as such. A LSD experience has a deep impact on the psyche and affects not only the duration of the trip, but the time thereafter as well. For some this means weeks, for others this means years. (With experiences which have a deep impact in the personality)