Cleaning Scraping

Discussion in 'Cannabis paraphernalia' started by Zombie_Terri_Schaivo, Feb 21, 2007.

1. Zombie_Terri_Schaivo

Zombie_Terri_Schaivo Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Does youou have a technique for scraping youour pipe?

SWIM, personally,takes a paper clip, and knocks off chunks of resin, trying to get the side of the bowl oposite the carb, then SWIM blows out the fallen chunks by blowing through the bowl and covering the carb.

What do youou do?

2. whirlybird

whirlybird Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I have their own little toolkit for just this purpose. I have a little eyeglasses screwdriver (flathead) that they find to be PERFECT for scraping the grooves of metal pipes. It also works well on anything else it can reach. SWIM sometimes prefers to dry hit the pipe once or twice to soften up the rez, so they can just kinda swirl the screwdriver around the pipe and collect the black goo. SWIM then scrapes the screwdriver on the side of a cd case and collects it up into a ball, puts in the freezer for about 10 minutes, then back to the bowl it came from. For deeper pipes, SWIM busts out the paper clip. As far as the rez being dry or wet when scraping, does any swimmers out there have a preference? The wet goopy stuff is definately a lot messier, but I find it to be easier to get out.

3. paranoid_android

paranoid_android Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o from U.S.A.
    SwiPA first hits it once or twice, real long pulls, to warm up the resin. Cold resin can be easier to knock off, but only if it's in big chunks. SwiPA mostly uses his finger/knuckle to tap what he has knocked loose through the carb. Oh, and of course a paper clip is a must. However, sometimes he finds a need to use long butterfly clips for those hard to reach areas.