Seeking Help Concerning Pot Hangover, Day After

Discussion in 'Cannabis' started by SplashSplash62, Mar 25, 2006.

1. SplashSplash62

SplashSplash62 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o
    Hello!
    I have been unable to find any other threads on this subject, so....

For some reason the day after I get high (If SWIM smokes at night) SWIM wakes up as long as 14 hours after getting high and still feels really weird. I don't feel high, but more like I am on on the threshold of being high, or very slightly high. This feeling lasts almost always always for close to exactly 24 hours after I smoked. It really isn't fun to spend an entire day slightly stoned, why does this happen? When SWIM smokes with friends and the they smoke the same amount, they don't feel it in the morning, and definatelly not for the whole rest of the day, and I don't know anyone else who feels something for a full 24 hours. It seems it is unique to SWIM. For those of you who are more experienced with pot (I am pretty new to it) what effects how you feel the next day, can exercise, or some kind of shock (a cold shower) actually make you feel normal again? Does it matter if you go to sleep high or wait until you can feel it coming down to go to sleep? Does how much sleep you get matter?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

2. Alicia

Alicia Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    Well splash. it is slightly normal to have afterglow pot experiences depending on its strain, and thc strength. even swim sometimes feels an aftereffect.
    Nope it wont matter if you go to sleep high some people do that as it helps them sleep. However some strains can make you stay up. Swim mostly feels refreshed occasional funny throat. But other than that not much unless I have been drinking.

3. Pinkavvy

Pinkavvy Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Alicia is right. Each strain and combination of canibanoids is differant and has differant effects. Best way to lessen or avoid afterglow effects would be to stay well hydrated. Lots of water before bed and when you wake up.

welcome to the forum splashsplash, great first post. :)

4. korky8097

korky8097 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I would imagine it also has something to do with your metabolism perhaps. Definatly keep hydrated, and you could try doing some exersize during the day or something to booste the ol metabolism. This is just a theory though, im not sure if metabolism plays a huge role. Maybe even try a multi-vitamin before bed to see if that helps.

5. thegod1

thegod1 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I would suggest having a few snacks and a cold shower, these things usually dim the high. When you first wake up, are you all sweaty? I get this when i've smoked loads then went straight to sleep. So you could try smoking a bit less before you go to sleep.

6. jonny thaiwongy

jonny thaiwongy Newbie

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o
    I always get these cuz i need a puff before bed...best thing for it is a run in the morning, a good bit a excercise ya kno takes away that dazed feeling like your just drifting thru the day til ya get stoned.

7. D.U.M.B

D.U.M.B Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Good advice all round by me's fellow posters.

As well as excercising, drinking more water, showering which can all help with the effects the day after a good old healthy breakfast and a cup of coffee will sort you out if you're like SWIM

Also there might come a day when you are glad of the next day effects, like if theres a drought in your area or something :p

It could also be the strain your smoking, some strains SWIM smokes leave him feeling tired the next day if he has had a smoking session, but some strains (sativa's manily) can leave SWIM feeling great when he wakes up

But also take into account how much you smoked the night before, how late it was going to bed, how much junkfood you ate and how many episodes of South Park you watched when wondering why the next day your still feeling stoned effects

8. psyche

psyche Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o from finland
    I have the same same problem. The day after he feels very stoned and accomplishing any task takes a whole lot of concentration. I have been thinking to cut down smoking weed, but since he just quit the high school and has to do nothing all day long, he haven't got enough guts yet. Especially since normal life has started to feel dull. Getting a job has been in his mind, but he hasn't got around that either. Shame on you, SWIM!

Best advices have already been given, shower and cup of coffee. Altough the latter isn't as effective for SWIM as he might've thought; he doens't really get rid of the stoned feeling but it makes me try and finish something, cleaning his room a bit for example. (Cold) shower feels more efficient, and in my case accompanied with sauna, since he lives in Finland.