Combinations - Selegiline (deprenyl) combinations safety

Discussion in 'Nootropics' started by TransHumanzee, Jan 26, 2012.

1. TransHumanzee

TransHumanzee Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    My friend's pet dolphin has has been wondering about the safety of combining selegiline (deprenyl) at doses of 10mg/day or less with various nootropics.
    For the dolphin's part, he can say that he has had no interactions with the following nootropics:

Huperzine A (50mcg / day)
    Piracetam (1-3 g / day)
    5-HTP (200mg / day)
    DLPA (up to several grams, though not he did not recommend this)
    Centrophenoxine

He was curious if anyone else knew dolphins that had tried other nootropics in combination with selegiline (deprenyl), with a particular interest in:

Vinpocetine
    DMAA (dimethylamylamine)
    Others

He would greatly appreciate any anecdotes of dolphins trying any of these combinations and the side-effects or absence there of experienced.

2. xzyn

xzyn Newbie

Reputation Points:
    39 y/o from U.S.A.
    My dolphins are currently using selegiline 5mg/d in combination with:

-pramiracetam 1g / day
    - noopept 20mg / day
    - DMAE 1g / day
    - choline bitartrate 2g / day
    - pramipexole 0.5 mg / day

they also regularily consume caffeine and occasionaly stronger stimulants like ephedrine. So far they haven't felt any ill effects from it.

3. TransHumanzee

TransHumanzee Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Great to hear, thanks!
    After searching her memory further, my friends pet dolphin also remembered the following things being combined with selegiline to no ill effect:
    Oxiracetam (eyeballed)
    Aniracetam (eyeballed)
    Creatine Monohydrate (1.5g / day)
    Dextro-Methylphenidate (~15 mg over 8 hours, this was only once, not sustainable, but no negative effects noticed beyond the expected rapid heart beat)
    Kava Kava (not a nootropic, but great for relaxation. As much as she can stomach of this terrible tasting glop ~once a week with no interaction effects)

4. Starlight29

Starlight29 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I was legally prescribed Selegiline on several separate occasions [6mg/24hr and 9mg/24 hr]. I would not recommend combining it with any sort of stimulant, as it amplifies the effects in a synergistic manner that's very hard to calculate [my estimates 4-6 times]. Even caffeine and ingested Tyramine in cheeses can have a detrimental effect on one's BP.