Self peace

Discussion in 'Cannabis' started by deji, Feb 20, 2006.

1. deji

deji Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    I really didnt even know what to call this thread.

But does weed bring peace into you all? Like could really be the worst day of your life and filled with anger and hated. Weed will enter you and the anger and hatred will be taken away. And replaced with good thoughts?

Just curious to know if it effects anyone like this?

2. StigmataLectron

StigmataLectron Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o from U.S.A.
    I know what you mean. When my friend Curtis smokes a bowl or so and listens to "A Warm Place" (NIN), he gets the most incredible feeling of inner peace that one could have. It doesn't matter if he's with his ex girlfriend who left him for a 30-year old guy, or if he has plans to kill someone six months later; it's just a feeling that he can accept anything that life has to throw at him, and even if the shit he's been served piles up, when he's on drugs he always feels euphoric when he's at the eye of a storm.

In Curtis' experience, it doesn't replace bad thoughts and feelings with good ones, it just makes life feel that much more bearable. He's not solving any problems by being stoned - in fact, he's putting them off - and maybe weed on top of other drugs he's using are hurtful to him in the doses he takes, but as Tyler Durden said, "Self help is masturbation. Maybe self-destruction is the answer."

3. fee17

fee17 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I know that peace. Whenever she calms down from a high, everything still feels so right, so good, so relaxed. There are still problems in life, but she feels like she can handle them without all the built-up stress that was taken away by the weed. Of course it doesn't last forever, only a few hours to a few days until if a huge problem arises. She does realize, like StigmataLectron said, that these problems are being slightly put off sometimes.

4. Solidly-here

Solidly-here Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Life is (exactly) what I think it is, at any particular moment.

When I look at my Life, I see whatever I see, for that moment. If I just left my Best Friend's house, my Life can look REAL good. I look at several Golden Moments that I have had, and feel Peace. This is the way I "want" to see my OK-enough Life.

If I just left Aunt Shreaker's house, after 2 hours of listening to her Black view of the World, then (for a while) I carry her view of Earth as a Garbage Dump of pain and misery.

The "Correct" view of my Life is: "My Life is Fantastic." Well, I don't see this view most of the time. While Trippin' I can see this view for minutes at a time. While High, I can feel this too. (And even while I am totally un-Medicated, this feeling will pass by, from time-to-time.)

Usually my view is a little more down-to-Earth. These times, I am perfectly content to see my Life as: "Life is a pretty fun thing." Or, even: "Life is good-enough today."

The funny thing is: My Life is the same . . . no matter HOW I view it. So, my Spiritual Practice is trying to view my Life as a positive thing (as often as I can).

Since I will live this Life no matter how I view it, I choose to work at enjoying it. After all, I am not living in Prison. I have food to eat. (Most of the trappings of the lower Middle-class: A car, a warm house, ...). I have a couple of good friends. My Spiritual Practice.

5. Urban

Urban Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    ahhhhhhhhhh drugs.....
    x

6. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    The clich├ęs are true. Weed brings peace. So much so that in SWIM's slang, "peace" has become the term for a smoke on your own.

7. Creeping Death

Creeping Death Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    Weed by itself doesn't bring me "peace". It helps, but you need the right setting and good music. Weed is to me not a "cure" for a shit mood, although it can definately help to turn it around.

8. dirty arab

dirty arab Newbie

Reputation Points:
    if I have a really mild physical pain (headache, stomachache) weed helps and makes me euphoric cause those are natural effects but afterwards I have a tendency to become unhappy and critical of SWIm's life so it does bring inner peace, but in the form of thoughts like "here's what you're doing wrong/here's what you need to do to fix it"
    for SWIM, weed just sets up potential inner peace

9. deji

deji Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    It does that to me sometimes. But I think its good. Its like giving you another perspective.

10. a-SalviaLover

a-SalviaLover Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from guam
    well it surely makes you feel happier about the way things are going, but I think this is only when the things are not bad.

If this is the worst day of your life it will surely remove the hatred and anger, but you will be filled with positive thoughts. MDMA, however, would do it.