1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Injecting - Seroquel 50mg Tablet Injection

Discussion in 'Downers and sleeping pills' started by Omen12, Nov 16, 2011.

1. Omen12

Omen12 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    27 y/o Male from U.S.A.
    I've been prescribed seroquel 25mg tablets. I was told to increase 25mg as needed. Seroquel is prescribed to me for sleeping and it is also water soulable because snorting the pill seemed to work awfully fast. If I was to inject this pill by cooking it with a spoon would it be suitable for IV? How much water should you use in a u-100 insulin needle? I did read on some other websites that people did do this method and it makes you sleepy right away. Of course I'm not going to try anything unless I make sure that this can't kill you. I DO have knowledge on injection

2. YIPMAN

YIPMAN Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from portugal
  3. fehs

fehs Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from finland

Bottom line: Just because you can use it intranasally, doesn't necessarily mean that it's water soluble. That's just how it is.

And most of all, I don't see any reason whatsoever why should anyone IV such substance. There are way more risks involved versus the benefits. Filtration with wheel filter, taking all the normal precautions involved in safe shooting, hygiene, skills, etc.

If you're determined to do it anyway, despite the usual risks involved in pill shooting (clogged vein etc., been there, done that), and numerous other potential complications, you should refer to the threads in here about shooting pills, it's really _really_ worth studying before doing so.

Oh by the way, have you considered rectal administration? I think this ROA saved me from the needle hell. Seriously, I've been meaning to write about it but been too stoned...

I'm running out of time so can't link the threads right now but try searching with words "pills intravenously, pill shooting" and similar.

Keep it safe,
    - fehs

4. YIPMAN

YIPMAN Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from portugal
  5. LadyFawkes

LadyFawkes Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Female from U.S.A.
    Please clarify if you've got original Seroquel and Seroquel XR because there is a big difference.

I've never injected or even snorted my Seroquel Perscriptions but I was on a dose of 500mg daily for six months so if its just intensity you're looking for I don't recommend IV at all because of the lack of knowledge of it and the desired effects can be achieved by just taking 100mg or so orally.

In any case, if you have XR shooting it will be pointless anyway since breaking it up won't affect the time release.

6. wanita

wanita Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Female from indonesia
    I still have some seroquel that was prescribed for depression as it helped me to sleep. I started with 150mg/day, now that I'm doing better mentally...I've been tapering it down to 25mg-50mg/night. I tried to snort it the other day just to see if it'd hit me stronger or faster. Not at all. I ended up taking another 50mg after the 50mg I snorted. For me, it's more effective taken orally. But everyone is different.

7. Skinny_girl

Skinny_girl Newbie

Reputation Points:
    24 y/o Female from U.S.A.
    Seroquel can get you high?

8. punkboi

punkboi Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    I know this is sort of an old thread but in response to the above quote.... Alot of prisons were RXing this drug to inmates and many reported "liking" it because it would make them feel drunk before passing out. They would also sell it to other inmates. A detox center I went to also RX this for people with insomnia and one girl got quite violent with the staff when they refused to dose her a second time when the first dose didn't help her fall asleep. For me, it makes me feel as though I have been drinking heavily with extreme disorientation before making me pass out. I would like to add that in my experience the drug sucks for opiate withdrawal related insomnia. My mother is an alcoholic and has been clean for years. I had given her 25mg for sleep and she said she felt like she was drunk and refused to ever take it again. Anyway, my point is that some people may find some recreational value in the drug but I do not care for it one bit. The IUPAC "2-(2-(4-dibenzo[b,f][1,4]thiazepine- 11-yl- 1-piperazinyl)ethoxy)ethanol" kinda implies (IMO) that it possibly has quite a few interesting mechanisms of action that "could" bind to certain receptors that may or may not give pleasurable feelings but this is just speculation on my part. Drugs like this one can go for years and years before scientists finally find out some of the exact mechanisms of action and even then they won't fully understand them all.

9. PillMan

PillMan Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    27 y/o Male from Arkansas, U.S.A.
    This does not sound like a good idea. I know from personal experience. I have IVd seroquel before but I have also injected it with tamezapam (I think, if that's how it's spelled) and it was not a great experience at all.

I thought I was dying by myself in the room. Hot and cold at the same time. I could feel my brain dying on me it was so crazy. Anyway...it is not safe to shoot up seroquel, let alone pills in general. So I just advise against it.

Be safe