1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.

setting for first time san pedro?

Discussion in 'Peyote & San Pedro' started by insanity, May 20, 2005.

1. insanity

insanity Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Apr 24, 2005
    i want to try san pedro for the first time, I was
    wondering with all your experiences, would u reccomend
    being completely alone, or being with a trip sitter(a
    friend), or being with a friend(ex gf) and have her trip
    for her first time. Also would u recomened early morning
    to trip in daytime. or trip at night. and also inside or
    outdoors. sorry for too many questions, just want it to
    go well. thanks
  2. sloppo

sloppo Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Apr 27, 2005
    I have a lot of expierience with san pedro. What he recommends is to trip alone or with a friend, it shouldn't matter too much but SWIM prefers company when he trips. The time of day doesn't matter too much, just make sure you have at least 10 hours to dedicate to the expierience. SWIM highly recommends being outside in nature.

Further advice: the san pedro will probably be milder than you think. It can take a fewfeet (depending on age of cactus and size)to get going good. Don't have too many expectations of the trip, that way it is harder to be disapointed. And just flow with it. I gaurantee the expierience will be very different than how you imagine it will be.

Swim also advices making Nan's san pedro syrup, a la Nan's tek.

3. jaguarangel

jaguarangel Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Apr 10, 2005
    from U.S.A.
    When I saw a shaman in South America, the medicine lasted 14 hours. I liked
    walking around after onset. I liked being still for the first 2 hours as it came
    on. It is best to take half, then wait an hour to have the rest of the tea. It is
    gentle on the system and less chance of nausea. Nature for me was
  4. peacemaker

peacemaker Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Dec 16, 2004
    Once I thought peyote is a very different drug than others, but what you are writing suprises me. I thought peyote was like salvia divinorum - different in every detail. interesting...