1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Paraphernalia - Shake N' Bake Safly?

Discussion in 'Methamphetamine' started by xmaker1, Dec 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xmaker1

xmaker1

Reputation Points:
    I don't know much about meth making but it's my understanding that the only danger in making meth is that the presure in the bottle can get to high and explode. Does not a device exist that would let you mix your shit safely. Like some sort of pressure release thing I'm sure such a thing exists and it's all scientifically expensive so what's the name of such a device. Also what would be an alternative thing to cook in that's not sciency?

*Tool notice* What I'm looking for would be considered: a scientific apparatus with a built in pressure regulatory system.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2012
  2. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    I highly recommend you refrain from cooking meth. It does take a slight degree of "sciencyness" to do without blowing up all your fancy "scientificly expencive devices". Repeat, please do not attempt to cook methamphetamine. I am frankly kind of frightened that you are even trying to learn based on your above post.

3. xmaker1

xmaker1

Reputation Points:
    Harm reduction and what not is all fine and dandy but not conducive to the OP. If the drug war has shown us anything it's that telling someone not to do something doesn't stop them and that teaching them the right way to do the "wrong" thing ends up being best for everyone. In other words name the sciency contraption a person would require or GTFO. (Of course not meant to be offensive nor a personal attack)

4. Yail Bloor

Reputation Points:
    The maximum we can do on this forum harm reduction-wise is either suggest a better way, or suggest one doesn't undergo a dangerous practice in the first place. Based on your first post, I felt the best advice was the second option. You are free not to listen.

The exception to that rule being methods for producing shake n' bake meth. You'll be hard pressed to find anyone on this forum who will advise you in such a practice.

5. xmaker1

xmaker1

Reputation Points:
    It would no longer be "shake N' Bake" if done in an appropriate apparatus. Honestly I think you don't know so it brings up the question why would you post other than to be a negative nelly. I'll be sure to edit my first post so as not to offend other tool's.

6. Yail Bloor

Reputation Points:
    Your post was specifically about shake 'n bake (see title). You asked for a safe way to do it, and for special devices with pressure releases -I responded accordingly. Given proper lab-ware, there would be no need for a shake n' bake synthesis, but that's a discussion for the chemistry forum, which you don't have access to -and never will going around using the word "sciency".

Oh, and watch the flaming.

7. Docta

Docta Idiot Savant

Reputation Points:
    The "Shake & Bake" (SnB) method also known as the one pot method have to higher risk of explosion. A decision has been made to ban all discussion of SnB on drugs forum. This decision was made by the staff in consolation with members well versed in the production of methamphetamine.

Understand there is NO way to run this reaction safely. There is no right way or safe way to run this reaction.

Quote from Alfa

8. Phenoxide

Phenoxide Super Moderator Staff Member

Reputation Points:
    Discussions related to methamphetamine synthesis belong in the methamphetamine chemistry section of the site. You can apply for access to the drug chemistry fora here. However as Docta said discussion of the so-called "shake and bake" is off-limits since it's just as much a recipe for making a grenade as it is for methamphetamine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.