Culture - Share XTC Music Thoughts

Discussion in 'Ecstasy & MDMA' started by Im-a-FunGuy, Oct 27, 2006.

1. Im-a-FunGuy

Im-a-FunGuy Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Just Would like to hear what Music tickles your fancy while expiencing your high,(< Swim know most people love trance club stlye music and thats all great but I would really like to expience somthing differnt for a change.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2006
  2. MaxCamel

MaxCamel Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    40 y/o
    Re: Share Music Thoughts

Some good ol classical...Beethovan, Bach..you know them kind of guys...

3. Akewstick

Akewstick Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.

Fatboy Slim's greatest hits. I think loud thrashy stuff is good on E aswell, he's not into heavy metal, but stuff like the libertines and the white stripes, always go well with pills for SWIM.

4. iamanass420

iamanass420 Newbie

Reputation Points:

Tech N9ne is always great when I am rolling, also nirvana and the offspring are good choices too!

5. julian

julian Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

classic rock 'anthem' songs. ex. journey-don't stop believin, lynard skynard- sweet home alabama,...

normally I think these songs are pretty corny, but when he's rolling he can feel the emotion and the energy like he was performing it live in front of thousands of people.

6. mfrieze

mfrieze Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

for rolling I like to listen to deep music when your in an emotional mood.. but when u feel like dancing its all about the trance/club style music.. if your ever rolling and are laying there with your girl, listen to the song i will follow you into the dark by death cab for cutie.. i hardly ever like that type of music.. but swim enjoy it alot while rolling.

7. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland

Mainly progressive/classic style rock. Hawkwind are possibly my favourite band ever. Grateful Dead aren't far behind though. Other favourites include: Alice In Chains, Beatles, Black Sabbath (+ some of Ozzy's solo stuff), CCR, CSN, David Bowie, Dire Straits, ELP, Genesis (Peter + Phil = brilliancy), Gentle Giant, Horslips, Iron Maiden, Jethro Tull, Jimi Hendrix, King Crimson, Led Zep, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Marillion, Metallica, Motörhead, Neil Young, Pearl Jam, Pink Floyd, Rory Gallagher, Roxy Music, Rush, Van Der Graaf Generator, Yes and ZZ Top.

^Copied and pasted from SWIM's Bebo account.

8. GForce

GForce Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

SWIM's greatest MDMA/Music experience was Bang Music Festival; Daft Punk doing a live set for over an hour with the most insane (and expensive) lighting setup I have ever seen, among some other amazing acts.

But for listening to music when not at a concert or something SWIM prefers House, other specific types of electronica (hate hardcore, most trance, and most techno), alt rock, classic rock, and hip hop. Anything with a good beat you can dance to usually makes its way into SWIM's playlist during peak roll times. During the comedown when he is chilled out but less stimulated is when he prefers rock.

9. Vysas

Vysas Newbie

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o

E + Psy trance = perfect

10. Allez

Allez Newbie

Reputation Points:

I love the club scene (if it's the right club) but my ideal roll is on a couch, surrounded by friends and a stereo. I really only listen to dance music (even when sober), but my artist of choice when up would be James Holden (his singles, not his albums). It's more chill out, yet still hits all the right chords. My song of choice would be "Nothing" followed by "Come to Me", "Solstice", "A Break in the Clouds" and his remix of "The Sky Was Pink". Anyone else listen to him?

11. dreamworld native

dreamworld native Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

alice in chains

12. kuntakensay

kuntakensay Silver Member

Reputation Points:

Aphex Twin - Come to Daddy
    Daft Punk - Musique; Around the World Esp.
    DJ Shadow
    The Faint
    Ratatat

13. iloveravesomuch

iloveravesomuch Newbie

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o

this is my first post on this forum!!!!!!! the prodigy or underworld or any trance is what swim loves to listen to when rollin

14. Allez

Allez Newbie

Reputation Points:

New favourite (well, almost), the ATB remix of "Push the Limits" by Enigma. It's SWIM's new "come up" tune.

Of course, then theres the no brainer, the No.1 trance anthem ever, SWIM's ecstasy national anthem, "Xpander" by Sasha.

15. Nicaine

Nicaine Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from Rhode Island, U.S.A.
    Drugs in general, uppers in specific...

I know this thread is specific to Ecstasy, but since I got back into drugs in general -- he finds "classic rock" (which he liked in middle through high school & gave up for synthpop and Eurowave shortly after) like coming home to an old friend.

Example groups -- Blue Oyster Cult, Bob Seger, AC/DC, Hendrix, Zeppelin, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Pink Floyd, Stones, Journey, Rush, Judas Priest, Doors, etc... love it. These groups mix with substance use like sugar mixes with water -- sweetly. In fact I would argue that many groups in this genre sound good *only* if you're into substances, otherwise they can be hard to enjoy or even comprehend.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2007
  16. Allez

Allez Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Re: Drugs in general, uppers in specific...

I know what you mean. I've got Pink Floyd on my iPod but I don't think it's ever got a listen to sober.

17. kuntakensay

kuntakensay Silver Member

Reputation Points:

Listen to these, it intensifys the :crazy
    If you don't know how to download, send me an IM, my SN is the same as my log-in
    (<

Daft Punk-Discovery & Daft Club are my personal favorites
    The Chemical Brothers-Come with Us and Beleive on Push the button
    New Order- pretty much anything
    Aphex Twin-Come to Daddy; pretty much anything by them.
    Ratatat-Self Titled
    Gorillaz-Demon Days
    The Faint-Danse Macabre
    DJ Shadow-The Private Press, Preemptive Strike, In Fluxuations

18. darawk

darawk Gold Member

Reputation Points:

For SWIM, nothing beats Paul Van Dyk's For An Angel. He played it at both raves I have been to(monster massive 06, together as one 06-07), and it was probably the peak of SWIM's night.

19. CRUNK

CRUNK Newbie

Reputation Points:

Breakbeats while rolling, Drum N Bass while trippin'!

20. Ice_Cream_Man

Ice_Cream_Man Newbie

Reputation Points:

Drum N Bass - Andy C, Nicky Blackmarket, Fearless, Skibbadee & Shabba, EKSman, Brockie, Original Nuttah - Mainly Tape Decks

Grime - Forward Riddim, Wiley, Devlin, Crazy Titch, Flow Dan, JME, Skepta, Jammer, D Double E, Black The Rippa, Rhymestein, L dot Man, Ruff Sqwad, Shystie, Lethal B, Roachee, Riko, Trim, Ghetto, Bashy, Desperado

Rap - 'The Chronic', Uncle Murda, GMG, Notorious B.I.G, 2Pac, Big L, Royce Da 5'9, Bone Thugs N Harmony, Kurupt, Hell Rell

Other - Damian Marley, Otis Redding, The Temptations, Fugees, Marvin Gaye, Luther Vandross (Big Luther)