Sharing syringes

Discussion in 'Opiates & Opioids' started by joevette, Nov 22, 2004.

1. joevette

joevette Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Does anyone actually share their syringes. I mean they're only like $.20, compared to the drug price it is nothing and it's a big safety issue. The new always sites sharing needles as one of the major dangers of drug use. So I'd just like to know if anyone actually does share.

1. 3/5,
      decent discussion starter
      Sep 11, 2010
  2. OneDiaDem

OneDiaDem Nefelibata Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    I would hope not. Like you said, as cheap as they are, this is an awfully expensive game of russian roullette.</font>

3. CABS205

CABS205 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I actually have friends who do share.....Don't ask me why, but they do. And my friend Joanne, actually found out that she's HIV positive. So even if they're cheap, don't risk it.

4. white_lighter

white_lighter Newbie

Reputation Points:
    and i dont know about where you are but around here they have places that give free syringes to help stop the spread of hiv

5. joevette

joevette Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Nice, they're not legal here but you can just buy them online.

6. Maxamillion

Maxamillion Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    I used to run multiple drugs awhile back (5 yrs ago).....I was a straight up junkie sharing needles on a couple of occasions....when some of my friends came up positive, I was terrified to say the least. I have been tested many,many,many times since then and I am clean (of disease and needles). One night I take some acid w/ my then girlfriend, the acid starts kicking in, and we get a call...one of our shooting up friends is freaking out....we get over to her house, and she gives us the BAD news. We had shared with her on an occasion-she had called everone she had shared with that she knew, so there was a room full of people freaking out...and I was now tripping and had been informed that I was probably going to die....It was one of the hardest nights of my life. I was tore between caring for this person and thoughts of "bitch you killed me". Me and old gf lucked out....four out of the room now shared more than needles. This is a big NO NO. No matter how much you don't give a fuck right now (or when doing drugs, or whatever)- REALITY of the situation hits hard when you think you are going to die.....bottom line; AIDS is ugly....it is painful.....discourage your friends and family from sharing needles.

1. 3/5,
      detailed personal experience
      Sep 11, 2010
  7. fletch

fletch Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    yes definatly sharing syringes is a big NO NO, however when a junkie gets low nothing else matters accept that hit. however here in canada there are places to go and get syringes etc. for free (as mentioned earlier) and this is a brilliant idea. drugs are not going to go away so its better that a country accepts that and deals with it in ways to help their people. peace.

8. Maxamillion

Maxamillion Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    A needle exchange type of deal in the U.S. would save lives. Still some junkies probably would not leave the house..or get caught up in a "moment". Education at an early age (honest education) would help....some people that have never seen the horrors of AIDS don't take it very seriously...it is almost like a myth. Now in the States with meth being so widespread and being so available....the gov't needs to also show some compassion for human life w/ the needle situation. Some of that Drug War $ needs to gofor sterile needles.....if all the addicts die, who will they fight their war against?.....Oh, yea,nevermind[​IMG]........Don't get me wrong I love my country....but some of its policies do not make sense. The Drug War? You know the gov't taxes the shit out of alchol and tobbacco...makes billions of dollars.....but destroy lives over pot??? Clean needles SAVE lives.+