short term tolerance

Discussion in 'Ecstasy & MDMA' started by GerhardV, Jan 28, 2005.

1. GerhardV

GerhardV Newbie

Reputation Points:
    My friend took ecstasy for the first time two days ago, and he took 1.5 pills and reached the desired effects. He would like to use it again tonight, but i told him he would probably need to increase the dose. Generally, how much must the dose be increased if rolls are 2 days apart, but it will only be the second time of use?
    Thanks

2. devil

devil Newbie

Reputation Points:
    varies from person to person. If he got some good sleep, then same dose should be fine, perhaps 2

3. Tony Blair

Tony Blair Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Being only the second time, you should be virtually ok - just take 2,
    and then eat some 5-htp and give it a rest for 3 weeks or so [​IMG]

4. whatwhybecause

whatwhybecause Newbie

Reputation Points:
    yea don't overdo it too early. take in moderation and leave off it for a while otherwise your tolerance levels will deplete and the effect won't be as 'magical' as it was the first time. they recommend you leave 2-3 weeks between rolling but if you take 5htp or other serotonin supplements you can probably get away with rolling once a week. make sure you take 5htp about an hour before rolling otherwise it won't have time to synthesise between the blood/brain barrier; take about an hour after leaving a club or whatever too and the come down won't be as harsh.

the levels of serotonin needed for the 'magical' effect is different in each person, depending on body weight etc; if you take too many too quickly and too often your levels never max out as you're constantly dipping into the reserves.

have fun!

5. GerhardV

GerhardV Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Thanks to everyone who responded. He took two that night and the effects were strong.

Normally he would not do mdma two times over three days, but he had the extra pills and wanted to get rid of them before vacation was over and it was time to go back to college.

For some reason, he doesn't have bad comedowns with e; instead, coming down is relaxing. Perhaps this is because he is a novice user? Or is it that it varies from person to person?

One more question: If one were to take 1-2 pills at a time, only once a month, would that still lead to a higher tolerance (i.e. would one need to take a higher dosage each consecutive month), or is one month typically enough time between rolls to allow seratonin levels to normalize completely?

6. Tony Blair

Tony Blair Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Good advice from whatwhybecause, although I've got to point out that
    for some people, taking 5-htp up to 36 hours before dropping can
    mute the effects of E (dramatically in some peoples cases)..
    although then again, some people find 5-htp beforehand raises the
    experience to crazy levels. I haven't personally tried
    pre-loading with 5-htp as yet.

More reply's later... Off to a meeting.

7. Tony Blair

Tony Blair Newbie

Reputation Points:
    ... Some people dont have bad comedowns with E (me![​IMG]),
    some people do, it affects different people differently. Although
    most will say that with more frequent use, come downs get worse.
    I just don't suffer. But then I've always had stacks of 5-htp and
    Multivitamins.

8. Alquimista

Alquimista Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I've been totally ok the next day after really high doses. And I've been sitting in my room shivering with only one sentence echoing in my mind 'only if i had one more'. Confusing.

But dont take it too often - maybe max 2 times per month... even then you build up the tolerance quite quickly.

9. Tony Blair

Tony Blair Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Further - a month is (in most peoples cases) enough to normalise
    serotonin levels completely (ball park guess of 2 weeks with a load of
    5-htp[​IMG]), but there are many reports of people doing it once a month and still gaining a tolerance for it over the course of a year.

I guess it can be likened to drinking. If you get rat-arsed once
    every 2 weeks.. your liver has recovered in between those two weeks,
    definitely, but over the course of a year.. you need to drink more..

10. billyloner

billyloner Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    36 y/o
    i usually get quite harsh comedowns, the only thing i have found to deal with them effectively is sleep... 3 hours sleep and the next day is usually quite fun. but without, its a nightmare...

11. Tony Blair

Tony Blair Newbie

Reputation Points:
    3 HOURS?

Hehe, I must be getting old. I need at least 6, preferably 8.

12. whatwhybecause

whatwhybecause Newbie

Reputation Points:
    ive never experienced comedowns ever, although i don't think is particularly a good thing..lemme explain..

if the body comes down, i.e. serotonin is reduced and the body dives for a couple of hours then this allows the body to re-regulate as it forces you to deal with it. however if the body continues with relatively little difference then this is where the body really gets into trouble.

for me, i don't sleep at all after rolling for perhaps two nights in a row. i cannot eat anything but toast (i have NO idea why, as i would have thought that was the last thing the body would intake) and although i don't feel lethargic, depressed or rundown, i can tell that my body takes the strain as i never actually catch up on sleep.

in essence, comedown is a good thing!

13. billyloner

billyloner Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    36 y/o

haha, maybe [​IMG]

but really, i always feel like i need more than 3 hours, but ive noticed that if i give in to my body's demands, it doesnt actually make me feel any better. if i just force myself to get up after 3 hours, then itll take about 30mins to wake up fully, and then i feel great.

14. GerhardV

GerhardV Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I feel a little tired and exhausted the next day but by no means depressed. And the day after that I feel normal, if not better than normal.