Should DMT smell like plastic?

Discussion in 'DMT and Ayahuasca' started by wikiwahwah, Sep 14, 2006.

1. wikiwahwah

wikiwahwah Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Hello,

I have just completed his first DMT extraction and is looking to blast off using his vapourizer. However, should the crystals produced (he used Marsofold's tek) smell strongly of plastic or is this just when its smoked. I have stuck his nose so close to them that he virtually snorted some, but can't smell anything - they don't appear to have any smell at all.

Could someone inform on whether this is normal, and if not what has he produced? Is it safe to at least try it or is it extremely toxic and should be binned?

Thanks for any advice.

W

2. Marsofold

Marsofold Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from USA
    The plastic smell is just the way DMT has always been described. Perfectly normal...

3. Silence_Inc

Silence_Inc Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    i no expert but i read somewhere that when the smell of plastic occurs the dmt is burned and not vaporised ... it has a significant smell but the smeel should be very low so it means that you vaporised the dmt and didn't burn it.

4. RunRedFox

RunRedFox Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    DMT smells of mothballs which i guess could be perceived as plastic. all indoles have that uniform smell when burnt.

5. rodent

rodent Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I have noticed DMT doesn't smell much at all until burnt. And then it smells very much like AMT that is not burnt... just as it is, in a bottle.

*shrug* I read that on a peice of paper found in the street ;)

6. hotaru

hotaru Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Re: Should it smell strongly of plastic

I have only seen one batch of crystals that had a strong smell on their own. It was a first batch, and the only ones that ever came out with a yellow tint to some of the crystals. I am guessing it was due to poor defatting technique and some of the basified aqueous layer coming over with the naptha. This smelled quite strongly of plastic.

All batches since have been white/translucent with no appreciable smell.

7. quantumbrujo

quantumbrujo Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    53 y/o

Same here,the swim I know has produced crystals that had no smell until burned,and when inhaled they were apparently very very active indeed.Other times he finds that the off white crystals have a smell reminicent of some kind of flowers or almost fruity.

8. Jonah

Jonah Newbie

Reputation Points:

wash and recrystallize if it really bothers you. That should take care of most of it. I wouldnt freak out about a little bit of a mothbally smell.

9. jimmah

jimmah Newbie

Reputation Points:
    SWIM actually likes the smell. To SWIM it is an indication of potential success. And is tasted and smelled during the trip to the other world which, for SWIM, associates it to DMT specifically. Before I had any experience with DMT SWIM never really smelled that exact smell. Now that I have had successful extractions (thanks Mars!!) the smell has become special and even fruity as some have said. A real pleasurable odor that connects that smell to many positive experiences.

But to each his own of course. Kinda gross but SWIM also like the smell of a roadkilled skunk that reminds SWIM of really tasty aromatic buds. Ahhh good stuff, SWIM can almost smell it now.

Jimmah!

Tags: