Addiction - Should I Be Done With DXM (Read Please)

Discussion in 'DXM' started by Dreeker, Mar 19, 2005.

1. Dreeker

Dreeker Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    If you have read any of my posts, you know that i had a seizure in September and was taken to the hospital due to DXM overdose. After going slow for some time, this past week another major thing happened to me, which i consider MUCH worse than almost dying, as it made me realise i have a problem.

This friday started out pretty good, i got a date for the next day with a girl i like and was just chillin at my house. I decided i wanted tommorow to be a good day so i didnt want to do any DXM. However, at school, my friend convinced me and him to do 250. Ok, fine 24 hours later i would have my date, so all was good. I get home from school, and decide that i have a pretty bad headache and am tired. I take a 30 min nap and wake up and take about 300 mg more. By this time the 250 before has completely worn off so no redosing occurs (read my redosing posts). I take 2 shots before dinner of Stolichnaya, and smoke like 2 hits of weed. Ok im feeling great! I eat dinner and go watch a movie and talk on the phone. As 8 pm approaches, i decide, what the fuck, ill take some more. After ingesting an unknown amount, i decided that that was a bad move (~400-500 mg). Oh well, too late now rite. It hits me at about 845 or 9, and damn im pretty fucked up, but what, i cant stop now! I go up to my room and decide to do another unknown amount (i can eye very well, guess not when im even lightly trippin) im guessing about 600 mg now. Start watching a movie. After about 45 min after ingestion, i go on aim and start talkin to friends. I can feel it coming on!

FUCK THIS IS NOT GOOD, my body is tingling with painandmy head is burning up, my heart is going nuts, and i feel EXACTLY as my prior bad experiences, including the seizure. SHIT, im starting to panic, i tell my friend i think im going to OD. Ok im really worried now, so i decide to go to bed(BTW Tripping incredibly hard, wayyy harder than any sane person would want, even a psychonaut looking for sigma) (stupid redosing (again read posts about it)). I wake up, still tripping very hard at around 3 or 4 am, my bladder is about to explode, i start panicking, and sit on the bathroom for 30 min, NOTHING, its really really full! I go back to bed. Wake up at 7, this time its REALLY GOING TO POP, i can hardly walk becvause of the pain, yet when i go to the bathroom, nothing will come out! Oh no, i hear my mom walk out of her room, and knock on the door, i tell her ill be rite out. I walk out and lay on my bed, uncomfortable as a motherfucker. She asks me why i keep getting up and spending long time in the bathroom, she thinks im doing drugs. (Yea rite mom, at fucking 3 and 7 am, inbetween sleep....) Ok she notices i seem fucked up and starts freaking out, shes like whys ur speech all slurry. She calls my dad, after we have the descussion and they yell at me, tell me well talk about this in the morning when we get up, and ill get my punishment, i go back to the bathroom for a final attempt, its HURTING incredibly bad, like a pregnant woman in labor, but she cant get it out. Itell my parents i cant pee and have to go to the hospital.

We get to the hospital at around 8 or 830, and long story short (dont wanna go into details here) they shoved a catheter in my dick, which stayed there all of saturday, i missed my date, and IT HURT like a motherfucker

Sunday when they took it out, and i thought back, i realized what i had become, never had i envisioned myself as a druggie, and now i realized that i was. This shit wasnt supposed to happen to me, tubes in the dick are suppsed to be for heroine addicts in their 20s that are going to die soon, not me!

Oh well, i think im going to quit all but alcohol probably, maybe even that for a while. Ill probably be here sometimes and post sometimes, but not very frequently, as i wanna get away from this life and move onto a new stage, as i have made a goal to completely change my life around!

Thanks for listening, and hope this isnt the final goodbye...

2. devilz05

devilz05 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    You should definetly take it easy for a while if not for the rest of your life. I have done DXM a couple of times and despite enjoying the high immensely Im going to do it one last time and call it quits. No matter what anyone tells me about it being safe as long as you dont do it too often, I have a feeling thats all BS. The fact is that no one is sure and just judging by how $ucked up you get and the afterglow you get for the whole next day shows me that this chemical has some serious affects on my brain. It might not show now but who knows what might pop up in 30 years when we all think we are in the clear.

It sounds like you had your thrills with DXM and certainly had some terrible experiences as well. If anything, let it be a learning experience and not something you look back on in 20 years and wish that you were a little smarter in your youth. Do what you think is right [​IMG] .

3. unico_walker

unico_walker Newbie

Reputation Points:
    You foolishly redosed, don't blame the drug.

BTW I always make sure I have a sedative even if its alcohol when I use
    DXM, It can dangerously raise your heart rate and blood pressure.

All that said I plan to stop using DXM eventually too, the body load is just too high.

4. These Forensics

These Forensics Newbie

Reputation Points:
    You should learn what dosage is right for you. Obviously the one you
    did that made you ended up in the hospital, you cant handle.

5. Phungushead

Phungushead Twisted Depiction Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    from United States
    I'd definitely say take a break for awhile and see then see how you feel about it.

I went through a period of overuse, and although I didn't experience anything like that, it got to the point where I didn't even know why I was doing it - I just felt like I had to do it. It's hard to explain.

Anyway, to make a long story short, I just plain out quit one day. That was a long time ago. I have only done it once since then.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2014
  6. Hyperreal

Hyperreal Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    I agree. Any drug can be taken to excess, and it sounds like your DXM use is excessive. I advise you to take a break of at least six months.

7. Dreeker

Dreeker Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    GODDAMIT FUCKIN WEEKEND

I WAS GOING TO GO OUT WITH A BANG!

DID ABOUT 1100 MG

TRIPPING ASS OFF, MOM CAME DOWN AND CALLED COPS!

WAY TO RUIN MY LAST DXM TIME

8. serpent

serpent Newbie

Reputation Points:
    please dont take any more dreeker.it sounds like you are taking it to escape from something,or to increase your standing amongst your schoolmates.if you keep going the way you are you will seriously fuck yourself up.the only way to do substances weekly and half weekly is to do a substance from a different family each time,eg.shrooms 1 weekend,ecstacy the next,ketamine the next,then alcohol etc.you should only be using a particular substance monthly to stay relatively safe.

9. deadmoap

deadmoap Mercury Member

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o from U.S.A.
    I've done DXM a total of about 3 or 4 times... in low, second plateau
    doses. Usually only about 130-240 mg. The hardest time I tripped was
    when I did about 300 mg. It came on very slow and when I felt it coming
    on, I thought "dammit, I should have took more... this is too weak".
    Well after another hour, it started to get even stronger. I was at my
    parents house (they know and don't care what I was doing). When it
    started getting stronger, I was too lazy to focus my eyes... so I had
    blurred double vision. It lasted for a few hours, and it was a little
    odd when I started coming down. I had only faint memories of my parents
    trying to talk to me, but everything they said was jibberish. I had a
    great time... although my parents probably didn't. My dad said I was
    saying all kinds of weird shit... and that I said to my mom "You think
    your all cool with your tattoos and you're black hair..." lol...

Anyway, IMO, DXM isn't a weak drug... especially in doses of 1.1 grams.
    It should be treated with respect. You should plan ahead of time, and
    make sure to follow your plan. It's not a good idea to dose 1.1 grams
    and then go about your daily business. But anyway, she called the cops
    on you? I thought DXM was legal...

10. serpent

serpent Newbie

Reputation Points:
    have you got any other hobbies or sports maybe,that you enjoy?some freinds that dont take dxm?hang out with them for a bit and do something different.give your body a rest.its frightening to read such posts from someone so young with their whole life ahead of them.if you want to think of it in drug terms,the older and wiser you get,the more you can travel and afford to get to places wher you can sample the most powerful mind enhancing drugs imagineable,the stuff you read of here and elsewhere,but you need to be alive,older and have enough brain cells left to apreciate these wonders.calm the dxm down and think about doing some schoolwork so you get a good job.dxm isnt the first drug that id be going for if they were all available,put it that way.

im sorry to sound condascending and like an old man,but your posts are very worrying.

11. PenguinPhreak

PenguinPhreak Newbie

Reputation Points:
    If you can't use a drug responsibly, don't use it at all. Also
    realise that this is not the drugs fault, it is yours. I'm getting
    tired of people blaming drugs when they fuck up.

12. Igo4dolo

Igo4dolo Newbie

Reputation Points:
    DXM is crazy especially the powder, one night i took a dose (what seemed like my normal dose of 900) but it seems i auctually put a little less then twice that. So the stuff usually kicks in, in 30min but not this time, i thought it was some bunk shit or somethin well 3 hours later it kicks in and for like 10min it was the best trip ever then i black out and wake up in an ambulance tripping balls thinking i was 14 (i was 16) well my parents came and all that crap. Long story short DXM sucks i did it a few times after, now its only stuff like shrooms and that sort of shit

13. Toxicity

Toxicity Newbie

Reputation Points:

Whoa okay excuse you? Just because you *somehow* fucked up while taking
    it doesnt mean DXM sucks. I know this from experience, I've foolishly
    redosed before in massive ammounts but now I realized I made a very,
    very bad mistake. So basically, dont critisize the drug, asshole.

14. Phungushead

Phungushead Twisted Depiction Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    from United States
    Agreed. I am inclined to think that almost all drug users will
    mess up, overdo it, or whatever at least once... it's not the drug's
    fault, you just need to learn from experience.

I had my problem with DXM and learned a valuable lesson about
    moderation... I also realize that it was my fault and that I was very
    stupid. DXM demands respect and is not as forgiving of stupidity
    than drugs like (for example) pot and shrooms. Shit happens, but
    you learn from it.

15. als5555

als5555 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    dxm is mot something that you want to do too often, it can really mess with your stomach after a while. i would do it intensly every couple of months. the thing is that your body gets more used to it the more often you do it. not doing often lets your body recover, and lets you feel it more.

Tags: