Should I have kept the caps in the tea? (Amanita Muscaria)

Discussion in 'Amanita' started by antizero, Apr 23, 2006.

1. antizero

antizero Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I just made one cup of A. Muscaria tea (with a tea bag of berry zinger for flavor). But, I only drank the liquid. Should I have eaten what was left of the caps too? That part seems a little gross, the tea tastes very good though. Nice and woody.

2. Bajeda

Bajeda Super Moderator Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I don't know about keeping the caps in the tea, but I do remember when Swim made some Amanitas tea in a friend's boiler and it smelt so horrible that it had to be thrown out in the end. Though that was probably due to another idiot friend who decided to put a bunch of orange peels in as well, creating a very nasty reaction.

Peanut Butter & Jelly sandwichs are Swim's preferred method of eating any type of mushroom.

3. Wowzerz

Wowzerz Newbie

Reputation Points:
    41 y/o
    the last time I made tea he took about 12oz water and and heated till very small bubbles started to form ( just before a roaring boil ) and put in about 5-7 grams of A.muscaria caps ( washington A ) and let brew for about 15 min or so ofter about 10 min of brewing I took a spoon and started gently scraping the tops of the caps to help realese anything not yet brewed out. then after 15-20 min of brewing at a "slow" boil tea was strained and consumed. taste was that of ...mushrooms,lol and color was a fairly deep red. I didnot fast or prepare to take them in anyway just drank it down in a few min within an hour swin noted that he had strong body trip with no visuals. swim talked atlot about the past and hurdles in life and began putting things into perspective that made sense only to swim and even danced to some favorite tunes and overall says that they are a good cheap enhancer when you wanna a little more than just weed and alcohol.

Tags: