1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP

Should i microdose grandma?

Discussion in 'LSD' started by b-boy5826, Mar 1, 2018.

1. b-boy5826

b-boy5826 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Would it be a bad idea to suggest to my family microdosing my grandma? She's 82 and has spent her life working and her elderly years constantly cleaning and cooking and trying to make everyone happy.

Well sadly its gotten to the point where she can't cook bc she'll forget or burn the food. Cleaning still happens but we have to make sure things don't get put somewhere she'll forget, she'll make up random stories trying to decipher old memories, look for things but not really know what, sometimes mistreat the dogs I don't think intentionally i just don't think she realizes they're living breathing beings too not just pets walking around.

I'm not sure if she's developing a condition like dementia or Alzheimer's or if she's just getting really old but I know lsds nature to make you more loving and expand your awareness as well as come to terms with everything you've done. It just seems to me it could help her but it could just be the hippy in me talking. I know my family would be open minded enough to at least consider it.

What do you guys think?

And if so would this be something you would tell her or just do it discreetly. I know you should never dose someome unknowingly but I can see her not really understanding or just forgetting and have to be constantly reminded why and since its microdosing she wouldn't really feel it.

2. torn2bits

torn2bits Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I do believe it would be wrong to drug any unknown drug/substance to a human.

You grandmother should be seen by a doctor, there's medicine for these issues that arise with age.

You'd be poisoning her, in my opinion.
    LSD is a great drug ,it's helped many people.

Dementia and forgetfulness is part of aging, never to be taken lightly.
    Get her to a doctor please,if your vesting in helping her.

3. ladywolf2012

ladywolf2012 Got diamonds in the soles of my shoes! Palladium Member Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    67 y/o from Foothills of Arizona
    Are you kidding?

No, I guess you are for real. And I can tell how very much you love and care for your grandmother and want to help her. But you should NEVER dose anyone else with drugs without them knowing it, particularly if they are mentally compromised. I daresay that doing so in this case would almost qualify, if not fully qualify, as elder abuse, and you could get in trouble for doing it.

As torn2bits said, this is the domain of doctors now. They are the ones who know how best to handle dementia and altzheimers and the other effects of the aging process. Make sure you are getting her all the good care that she needs and deserves.

I do appreciate your deep feelings for your grandmother, and your wishing that her life could be happier. But you need to learn to trust that all is going according to plan, I believe...

4. b-boy5826

b-boy5826 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    You guys make good points idk that I would call it poisoning i feel the drugs doctors give us are more poisoning and toxic but like ladywolf said I am just really hoping she could have a less stressful ride but maybe microdosings not the way considering her mental state thanks for the feedback tho

5. Emilita

Emilita Palladium Member Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    Can you explain further why you think this is a good option?

I'm not making any assumptions but just curious why microdosing LSD was the path you wanted to take if you think your grandmother is suffering from dementia or Alzheimer’s.

6. b-boy5826

b-boy5826 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I dont think she's suffering from either of those I guess I said that bc she has a sister who's in the late stages of dementia so I thought something similar might be going on. She is very forgetful though but still completely coherent. She spends pretty much 24/7 stuck in a house wandering and cleaning and yelling at the dogs so it seemed maybe she could live in the moment more and even though she'll probably still be stuck in the house it could possibly shed some clarity on all her other memories and past experiences and maybe bring some joy rather than just sitting around waiting for the end as dreaded as that sounds its what it seems like. I hate to see it happen

7. wavesxzx

wavesxzx Newbie

Reputation Points:
    24 y/o from Indiana, United States
    When your grammy is asleep in front of the tv with her a mouth open pop a few strips or atleast 20 hits in her mouth. Be a good grandson. Thats the only way.

8. devilgoose

devilgoose Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Maybe you should ask her what she'd like to do for fun - take her somewhere, do some activity, something - and spend the time doing that with her. That would be way healthier for both of you.

9. MinnesotaGrown

MinnesotaGrown Newbie

Reputation Points:
    29 y/o from Minnesota, United States
    In my opinion, and that's all I'm speaking for here:

Do not do it. ESPECIALLY if your plan is to do it without telling her. Any positive effects like "clarity on past memories" or "a feeling of joy" are very, very long shots if she's going to start tripping without knowing it. Using a drug like LSD requires mental preparation and at least some idea of what you're going to be walking in to. I can't imagine the terror that would come along with unknowingly tripping. I have probably done lsd roughly 20 times, but I wouldn't know how to react or how to handle getting dosed unknowingly.

10. b-boy5826

b-boy5826 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    It was just all purely speculation and again I wasnt thinking having her trip I said microdose I get your concerns but I would never do that to somebody I've tripped enough times too to know I would feel like I'm losing my mind if it happened unknowingly

11. NotAJediOrSith

NotAJediOrSith With You In Rockland Titanium Member Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    from somewhere far from home.
    I can’t believe that this notion was even entertained.

Psychedelics 101 is the fact that it’s generally a bad idea to indulge in psychedelics when you have very apparent cognitive issues.

I can only imagine the way it makes you feel to witness her at this stage in life :/. Be strong. Be rational and don’t act from emotion.

If you’re familiar with psychedelics then you know somewhere within you that this notion was a bad idea.

12. TheBigBadWolf

TheBigBadWolf Imperial Wizzard Gold Member Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    from Germany, Federal Republic of
    I can't see how microdosing LSD could help a person with dementia - even if there werent the issues with forcing a medication on someone "helpless".
    (It happens already much too often that elderly patients are force-fed pills they dont want to take (for whatever reason)).
    I have never read that people can have good effects from microdosed acid when they have cognitive problems anyway.
    But even so.... No. Its not a good idea I daresay.
    BBW