1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP

Other - Should one clean Kratom leaves before eating?

Discussion in 'Kratom' started by downerz, Apr 3, 2010.

1. downerz

downerz Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Does swim rinse the Kratom before toss and wash? Swim don't know where this stuff has been or if some kind of crazy jungle bacteria is on this stuff. What is the best way to clean the crushed leaf for safety? I have not been doing so, but hey why not?

Last edited: May 4, 2010
  2. ianzombie

ianzombie Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    42 y/o from ireland
    Water will extract the alkaloids so if You is considering giving them a rinse then think again.
    There is no way of telling how the Kratom had been stored or if the fresh leaves had been cleaned before drying at the source but I do not imagine You has anything to worry about.
    If You is worried then make Kratom Tea instead of eating the leaves, the boiling water should kill off anything You might be worried about.

3. kratom

kratom Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from ghana
    youou might want to try microwaving them, this would kill most bacteria. But SWIM not sure if there is any degradation in the active elements.

4. downerz

downerz Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Thanks. Swim will just keep eating it until swim gets some alien jungle bug.:crazy

5. Thirdedge

Thirdedge Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    Swim alway's boils Kratom to kill germs. Kratom handles heat very well, even customs heat treatment ;) A good boil will sterilize any contaminants.

6. squidaway

squidaway Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from sweden
    I found an iron ball in his kratom once (about 2mm size). He was lucky enough to not chew or swallow it. Probably came from the machine that grinds the leaves into powder.
    Other than that I have had no problems with jungle virus or other contaminants in his kratom, and usually just toss and wash rather than make tea.

squidaway added 1 Minutes and 32 Seconds later...

But from now on SWIM always spreads his kratom out on a big sheet of paper to look for stuff that shouldn't be there.

Last edited: May 7, 2010
  7. Jasim

Jasim Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    My pet turtle Clover once found some kind of hunk of charcoal in some dried leaves....He actually tried to eat it thinking it might be some kinda kratom resin...Clover says it tasted nasty and he got no effects.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2010