Shroomr Beta--Open Source Mycology

Discussion in 'Magic Mushroom hunting' started by old hippie 56, Oct 25, 2006.

1. old hippie 56

old hippie 56 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Found this link today, it is based on Google maps. People posts their finds on a map. Now, remember the post Alfa done on cops using google maps to locate pot fields? Here the link: http://shroomr.com/

2. ethnoseed

ethnoseed Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Pretty sweet idea...right?

3. bottlekop

bottlekop Newbie

Reputation Points:
    hmm... nothing in S.A... (or any of africa for that matter!)

4. matti_2003

matti_2003 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Looks interesting. A few places not too far from swim but they are in quite pedestrianised areas so I am doubtful of finding any. One of the local locations appears to be either someones garden or a house.

5. podge

podge Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    Ya swim checked out this site recently. It would be excellent if more people filled in info....but all I could find in his location were a few fake spots from some idiot messing around. Hopefully it'll get more attention in future.

6. augentier

augentier Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Practically all of the areas on that map are "worst place to work ever", "my house", "great restaurant", and other equally useless landmarks. :mad:

7. a1nosweat

a1nosweat Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Its a great idea, but my neighbours pet cat is not having it. it needs a filter so we can see only sites with, at first, more than 10 picks(as the site gets better you'll need a maximum too-or there wouldn't be enough left for the cat. Also pickers are too tight with there facts...and who can blame those horrible debauched lost souls. They are greedy and do not want to share their sordid secret spots with anybody. This might be the best way to rid the uk of top mushroom spots though. And give the info straight to the IT literate next generation-the kids.

8. MrGuyUK

MrGuyUK Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    That's a great site, somebody has pointed out a spot which is about 2mile away from SWIM's house:

Used to find loads
    Liberty Cap | Pick It![0 picks]
    tags:
    When I was a kid there was loads of shrooms up here - haven't been here for a while tho