Health - Side effects from LSD 12 years later

Discussion in 'LSD' started by calebsmyth, May 3, 2006.

1. calebsmyth

calebsmyth Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Hi, I hope this is of intrest to you all, please read and comment openly...

12 years ago I took acid at one my own house parties, the acid in question was called a "SUNRISE" priced then at about XXX which was on a TAB. After about a hour or so the usual effects started to kick in, hearing going slow and echo like, unable to speak correctly, and luminous like detail on wall papers etc. etc.

I feel into a very bad trip that night, very scared, very shaken etc. While coming down, and I can remember starting to feel a very strange feeling in the front part of my scull, it was like inside my scull at the front there was an emptyness, a nothing like feeling...I had a full feeling for lack of a better word before I took the acid.

Since then the full like feeling has never returned, have I damaged some brain cells or something ? it had crossed my mind however, since that time I have gained an HNC and am currently doing a degree, so some people say how could you have when you have gained al this but I beg to differ, really ?

I am currently researching (nothing to do with my degree) the long term effect of LSD, and some of the findings are very worrying indeed !

Can anyone shed any light on this starnage feeling in my head ? or does anyone have any other info on side effects that may be useful ?

If there is anyone who wants to ask more feel free...or if anyone thinks I need a good kick in the butt, let me know...

Caleb

*Please READ THE RULES. There is self-incrimination here. There are also prices. Consider you-self warned formally. Bear in mind people have been banned for a single breaking of the rules (SWIJ will take into consideration that you are a 3-post newbie, but any other rule-breaking will result in a permanent BAN!)

Take some time to think about you's posting in future. Also take the time to do some research. There is lots of info out there. "LSD-psychosis" is no more frequent than the back-ground level of psychosis is the general population. Of course people who are predisposed to develop mental illness are more vulnerable when taking mind-expanding drugs. See a doctor about your symptoms. Avoid drugs.

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2006
  2. Abrad

Abrad R.I.P. Platinum Member & Advisor R.I.P.

Reputation Points:
    I have never heard of anyone experiencing anything like this, it is possible that you could have excaberbated an underlying psychological condition but it doesn't really sound like it to SWIM. Many people do feel like they have somehow changed after a strong psychedelic experience.

I am curious about your findings on the long term effects of LSD. As far as he was aware there has been lots of research done in this area, and the general concensus, apart from the risk of HPPD etc. is that it is reasonably safe.

3. Pinkavvy

Pinkavvy Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Yes, you just need a good kick in the butt.

No, you didn't damage some brain cells or something. Perhaps something you have done has caused this as LSD doesn't damage brain cell's, depsite what nancy regan tried to tell you.

Also, please read the rules of a forum when you join it. Self-Incrimination isn't tolorated here. you may get away with it this time since it was so long ago, but in the future we don't talk about ourselves, we talk about "swim" and other nameless buddies.

Do you searching around. LSD is safe.

4. calebsmyth

calebsmyth Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Hi

SWIM it will be from now on, thankyou for your comments so far. Any more would be more than welcome !

Caleb

5. CrookedEye

CrookedEye Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I have eaten acid like candy for years (over a decade, monthly, and even weekly, or more, for probably half of that time or longer), and has only slowed consumption into his older years, with no negative effects, at all...

6. raven3davis

raven3davis R.I.P. Palladium Member R.I.P.

Reputation Points:
    I was going to start a thread on this but maybe he will ask something similar in a later thread.

What about all the people who do thumbprints who report being changed forever? I have only read 2 reports of someone doing one and they said they were permanently changed. Can someone elaborate on this change possibly SWIP if he has further probed someone for details about a thumbprint trip.

I find it an odd ceremony, possibly just a waste of good acid and possibly dangerous/damaging. I think LSD is a veryyyyy safe drug if used in moderation but he questions weather or not staying up for days tripping on a thumbprint would be a detriment to your health.

Crooked eye seems to be fine and he has taken 10+mg correct? I felt permanetly changed after taking LSD once, but not in the way that the thumbprintees (new word that should be added to dictionary) have reported.

Does you maintain a state of enlightenment through the rest of your life after taking a thumbprint. I have had some powerful experiences with lsd that have "changed" him but he wants to know more about the "change" from a thumbprint.

It is not necessarily a bad thing, and probably required to uphold the secrecy and the karma within the tight circles but that is wayy saturated and just seems dangerous in My opinion.

Can someone please give their opinion on this matter. my are talkings about thousands of doses of a very potent psychadelic drug that there is still an unlarge amount of unknown knowledge about. Maybe thousands of doses could do some brain damage, especially if you are staying up for days. Staying up for days on meth can cause brain damage right. Its not proper to compare lsd to meth though thats a whole different ballpark.

reguardless, lsd is the best drug invented by man so someone might as well try thousands of doses and lay it onto blotter and distribute it to the public....haha, that is, if that is how they do their thang.

7. CrookedEye

CrookedEye Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    The change I feel is kind of liberating.. Swim kind of feels connected to everything, and his life seems to run in tune with the more mystical side of things, to put it simply.. I am almost anti-religion, but very spiritual, and feels that he is protected by some energy.. Perhaps when Swim and You gets status to enter the chatroom, we could all discuss the actual visions and feelings that come along with the "blessing" I feel.. ;) hehe

8. -k4ge

-k4ge Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    34 y/o from earth
    I have perma trailers, and colors are alot more vibrant then SWIM once remembered.

9. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    Things change for SWIM in the few weeks after doing LSD (SWIM only does it a couple of times a year). He notices subtle differences in his sense of touch (his fingers often feel mushy and liquid-like) and sense of vision (especially people's faces, he can imagine what they would look like whilst tripping). These little subtleties always go away though. He finds that other psychedelics, such as cannabis and to a larger extent magic mushrooms, bring out these subtleties if used a few days or weeks after using acid.

10. mivmivkoo

mivmivkoo Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Here's a story for you. My uncle, who is now 40 something did alot of acid in his teens. I guess with it being the 70's though, it was to be expected. Anyway my mom told me one night he freaked out and climbed on the roof because he thought the devil was after him and that my grandfather had drag him back in. He was ok, but years later in his 30's he had what doctors call a (psychotic episode) induced by the major lsd use earlier in his life. He thought he knew the judgement day and told my grandparents they were lucky to have had the son who knows this. When the day didn't come he thought God told him to become a woman or something. Now uncle chris, is aunt chris. While the episode ended is still had stuck with him and he in his 40's had gender reassignment.

11. snapper

snapper Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Usually long lasting changes in perception that you describe from LSD or other psychedelics are psychological in nature. The LSD revealed a truth to you behind your lifetime of collected facades and masks.
    The most powerful benfit of psychedelics is true sight, which can be both liberating and devastating. Try to look at the change as a psychological reaction or revelation rather than a biological side effect.
    I have eaten buckets of LSD in my life, and is quite together in real life. No lasting side effects other than a truer understanding of things. I had HPPD for a while, but this is not what you are describing I think.
    Snapper

12. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    Agreed. LSD25 did not put Uncle Mary on the roof or cause her to lop off his wally and become a girl. The underlaying psychology was simply revealed, complete with enough anxiety to cause a psychotic break, through the LSD. Psychedelic means, after all, to manifest the mind. And having a need to change one's gender would certainly create a truckload of anxiety in the culture of the USA.

Whoever the doctor was who said this all stems from the use of LSD in the past is three walls short of a foundation. I hope your aunt is happier now. Pity she had to go through this guilt and trauma (which is what caused the psychotic break) before getting to where she wanted to be.

13. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    HAHA! I can imagine the headlines now: EVIL ACID TURNS MAN INTO WOMAN

14. calebsmyth

calebsmyth Newbie

Reputation Points:
    All very interesting theories, I would like to ask SNAPPER if he could shed anymore light or understanding to the previous reply he posted...

15. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    Nope. He's busy right now looking for a surgeon. Wants to fulfill his life-long dream of becoming a Duck-Billed Platypus.

Darn dangerous drugs!

Attached Files: