Silly, dumb little experiment with SWIM's dwindling Amphetamine Salts

Discussion in 'Adderall' started by randomJACKASS, Apr 1, 2006.

1. randomJACKASS

randomJACKASS Newbie

Reputation Points:
    So SWIM read that baking soda and water, a base solution will "potentiate" amphetamines when taken in conjunction. SWIM also heard that crushed pills (not time release even mind you) will hit you faster. So I took 6 20mg Barr Laboratories "Mixed Amphetamine Salts" and crushed those little, oval, orange bastards to a talc like consistancy, mixed in a full tablespoon of baking soda and added 6 oz of water and stirred well. Ghastly tasting but still paletable (didnt gag me and SWIM gags EASY), but I chugged her down. That was about 5 minutes ago and I feel nothing as yet, at least nothing in addition to the lingering effects of 1/8 gram of pure as can be had locally, ice? (not sure what to call it but it looks like rock salt and melts clear, but browns a little when it gets too hot and leaves a dark stain on foil), that I smoked perhaps 2 hours ago. Swim thought the 1/8 gram was enought to get him the buzz he likes but not enough to keep it as long as he likes.

Will post results as soon as I feel anything.....

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2006
  2. Sitbcknchill

Sitbcknchill Retired Platinum Member & Advisor Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    111 y/o from U.S.A.
    Do you have a reference to where you read that adding amphetamine salts, baking soda and water in a glass and drinking it can actually "potentiates" the effects of the said drug?....just curious....

Last edited: Apr 1, 2006
  3. randomJACKASS

randomJACKASS Newbie

Reputation Points:
    1/2 hour from ingestion I am beginning to feel some speed but not very intense as yet, If 1/8 gram of typical meth off the street gets SWIM noticeably high, I would think that 120mg of "potentiated" Mixed Amphetamine Salts should be noticeable at very least......

4. Sitbcknchill

Sitbcknchill Retired Platinum Member & Advisor Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    111 y/o from U.S.A.
    You should without a doubt feel 120mg of adderall....nothing huh..

5. randomJACKASS

randomJACKASS Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Oh I am very sorry, I didnt realize that was a rule, I will attempt to read the rules now more thourouhly and try to assertain why this is a rule.

On the other note, I feel it, but no real rush, just a slow lingering amphetamine high with a slow come on.....That is why SWIM loves to smoke and likes to slam.....Rapid and full blown onset. Ever since SWIM discovered the joys of a niccotine rush, progressed to marijuana, and finally to smokeable meth, I have loved the entire act and lore of smokeable drugs. Truly I feel an odd duck because he does prefer to smoke a lot real fast like, to even slamming, perhaps SWIM simply never slammed enough....Who can know until one tries?

SWIM forgot to add that though the niccotine rush is SWIM's favorite high (it truly is) SWIM regrets he can no longer indulge in that. SO harmful and SO addictive and SO little return as the actual niccotine buzz is barely noticeable once you are a regular smoker......God help SWIM never pick up THAT habit again......

OK maybe it wasn't necesary to use SWIM here but best to be used to it.....

One hour, If it hasn't hit by now it never will. Personally I find no discernable difference in using such a silly method. Possibly it was easier on the stomach because the base solution nullifies stomach acids and dispells gas (after first creating it). Basically all I feel was really gained is the knowlege that it's not very effective......Maybe sometimes that's enough!

I am definately high, I will have an easy night at work (SWIM works the WEE hours whhen everyone sleeps anyway so nobody ever notices as much when he tweaks).

6. Kemikaru_Tenshu

Kemikaru_Tenshu Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    37 y/o
    In order for "baking soda" to potentate the effects of amphetamine salts the weak base must be ingested prior to the ingestion of the amphetamine salts. Taking the two at the same time does not work, and in fact can be counter productive.

One-half teaspoon of "baking soda" mixed with 4 ounces of dH2O is ingested 3/4 or an hour before the amphetamine mixed salts/isomers is to be ingested. The amphetamine tablets are then placed under the individual's tongue and in the cavity between the cheek and lower gum line, and the resulting salivation product (the sugary mix present in the generic Adderall tabs causes a lot of salivation) is swallowed over a period of time sufficient to reduce the tablets originally placed under the tongue to mush. Next, the tablets placed in the cheek cavity are moved into place under the tongue and the process is continued. You can expect 10 tablets to dissolve in this manner within 10-15 minutes (you'd have a hell of a time getting 10 tabs under your tongue to begin with, hence the cheek thing).

This method has been determined to be effective in numerous experiments.

Adderall is nothing like meth. It never will be. There is no "rush" to it, even after purification and injection of the active ingredients. The above method simply makes the pills more effective (in fact it is more effective than insulfating them OR taking them in the normal manner).

All that the weak base does is increase the absorption of the active ingredients. There is another potency barrier to tackle, the excretion barrier, but I'm sure that if you found the information about "baking soda" you also came across that info.

~KT

7. randomJACKASS

randomJACKASS Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Is the lack of "rush" due to needing certain metabolic steps to have been taken to pass the blood brain barrier? Is this perhaps the difference between how Amp and Meth work? Perhaps Meth passes with no metabolization?

1. 3/5,
      Of all the dogfood I've read - this thread takes a prize!
      Apr 1, 2006
  8. jane smith

jane smith Newbie

Reputation Points:
    34 y/o
    are tums gonna have same potentiating effect as the baking soda??- b/c i dont know if anybody noticed, but baking soda tates like shit.

9. bcStoner420

bcStoner420 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    I have tried using baking soda the correct way and didn't seem to get much out of it anyway. Did You eat anything before you took it? Perhaps since he uses meth, amphetamine is just somewhat dissapointing. Also, when was the last time he used prior to this? Being a meth user could be a big part of it since not only is adderall only half d-amph, but the different salts release at a different rate making it somewhat time released no matter what (someone correct me if I'm wrong). Also concidering d-meth is around 3 times stronger than d-amph, it's no surprise really that he's not satisfied.

Jane smith- I think they would work but not as well since calcium carbonate is a weaker base than NaHCO3 or baking soda. Try putting it in an empty vitamin capsule or something.

10. randomJACKASS

randomJACKASS Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Oh I was satisfied, but simply no moreso than if he's just swallowed the pills whole with 2 sips of water.....I will try doing it right next time and report back.

Well I am getting buried in neg rep and no one is considering the good rep on anything I cross posted to help others myself included. Really at this point parroting the best information I can discern is all the positive I can do here, that and maybe searching more and posting less, but oh well I will try and just be quieter I guess. I have learned a TON in a few days so thanks to all....

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2006
    1. 3/5,
      He is learning the ropes, questions are getting better.
      Apr 2, 2006
  11. Kemikaru_Tenshu

Kemikaru_Tenshu Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    37 y/o
    You are correct on both counts. I've found that it works best to drink the horrible tasting baking soda first thing when I wake up then, after the appropriate time has passed, take the Adderall in the way described. Eating first ruins it.

The "baking soda" doesn't produce much more of an effect if you are looking for a "stronger" (or meth-like in any way) high. I've simply found that it allows for improved focus and concentration as opposed to the same quantity taken in the same manner without the "baking soda".

Adderall is nothing like meth. Period. IMHO, Adderall should be used with the intention of increasing focus and concentration for certain tasks, or to help one stay awake (though it doesn't work the best for this, either) as a more effective alternative to caffeine or (shivers) ephedrine. In fact, if one's purpose is to stay awake, modafinil is a much better alternative. For concentration 4-methylaminorex (mixed isomers) is a better alternative. Meth is for fun. REAL meth has a definite "rush", it's euphoric, it lasts for a long time, the necessary effective dose is small, the LD50 is enormous, and the list goes on.

In summary, "potentiating" Adderall is not going to make Adderall into meth. Nothing will. Taking 50 pills isn't going to do it. Taking "baking soda" isn't going to do it. Use it for what it is, and don't expect it to be something it isn't.

~KT

to randomJACKASS: I'm glad that you found this forum, and I hope you continue to learn as much as you can here. We have many intelligent, experienced, wise, and even gifted individuals here.

I can understand your enthusiasm, but please understand our position as well. The great thing about a forum like this one is that a lot of the questions one may have are answered in other posts from the past. Also, a lot of the information one may possess may already be contained in previous posts. For these reasons it is important to spend some time on one's first exposure to a place like this going over as much of the past material as one can. Not only will one then have an idea of where one can make a real contribution to the collection of knowledge and experience, but one will also have a good understanding of the style of posting common to such a forum. With a grasp of these two concepts one can avoid negative rep entirely, and accumulate a large amount of positive rep.

I hope this helps. The reason I am posting this here and not in a PM is that I believe it is good advice in general, to ALL new members.