Experiences - Sinicuichi experiences

Discussion in 'Ethnobotanicals' started by Alfa, Aug 29, 2006.

1. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    117 y/o from The Netherlands
    We are in need of Sinicuichi(Heimia Salicifolia) experiences. There are none on Drugs Forum so far. This is strange for such an interesting hallucinogen. Please post you's experience here.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2017
  2. zapatista

zapatista Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    It serves more as a dream enhancer. Not really worth the time as far as I am concern. When dealing with some ethnobotanicals, the placebo effect is very common. In other words, you get what you want out of it.
    z

3. jesusfreak666er

jesusfreak666er Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    interesting, erowid really doesnt define its effects, merely states its possibly pyschoactive. I am iterested, rescently several sites have begun selling it with lil if any info...

4. waxhorse

waxhorse Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    A few years ago...a soxhlet extraction (In Ethanol) was made of an ounce (?) of Pure lands Salicifolia was made.

A black tar was taken...eaten...and gave the recipient terrible G.I disorders.

No fun. At least that time!!

Wh

5. chilliker

chilliker Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    SWIM often likes to mix Sinicuichi with weed, its not much of a different high just so his weed will last longer. For SWIM smoking 1.5 grams of weed (what he normally smokes) has the same effect than smoking .75 grams of weed mixed with .75 grams of Sinicuichi which is much less expensive than weed and that way his weed lasts longer. SWIM enjoy the taste of it to plus its smell mixes a little with the smell of weed and that way poeple cant tell as easly what I was smoking.

Zapatista: I have never heard of Sinicuichi as a dream enhancer, where did you get that info from?

1. 5/5,
      Interesting, will have to try this.
      Oct 10, 2006
  6. chilliker

chilliker Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Sinicuichi (Heimia salicifolia) a.k.a Sun Opener is a plant that grows in Central America and South America. It was said by the natives the Sinicuichi helped you recall past events or even relive past events. Its leaves slightly wilted (not completly dried as most suppliers carry it) are crushed and soaked in water this is then sun-fermented into a slightly intoxicating drink that causes giddiness, darkening of the surroundings, shrinkage of the world. Its a strange plant since is can either cause drowsiness or euphoria and deafness or auditory hallucinations, with voices or sounds distorted and seeming to come from a distance. Unpleasant after-effects are rare, but excessive drinking can be quite harmful.

NOTICE: If you have been experimenting with dried Sinicuichi and it hasnt worked out for you that could be the reason why. Its soppoused to be SLIGHTLY WILTED leafs as mentioned above. Also smoking it is ok but not the best way of ingesting it. The suggested way is the one mentioned above.

1. 4/5,
      Good info on Sinicuichi preparation and administration methods.
      Jun 22, 2010
  7. Bajeda

Bajeda Super Moderator Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Swim really wants to experiment with this plant. He has heard that the audio hallucinations are generally placebo from statements mentioning it, and has also heard that they actually can occur. Plus the effects of this plant seem to be hard to pin down.

Swim will be ordering some quite shortly, and will share his info as soon as he gets it and finishes his experiments.

8. chilliker

chilliker Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    It is actually said that the auditory hallucinations happens just because SWIM know about them and that they are a placebo. But never the less they do happen sometimes.

9. Bajeda

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I wrote part of the article for Sinicuichi and in my research couldn't find anything conclusive either way.

There was one scientific article from a historical perspective that looks like it could be the source of the myth (if it is), but there is so little info on the substance I wouldn't take anything without a grain of salt.

If you can find more info on Sinicuichi that you don't think is easily available let me know.

10. Bajeda

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Ok, so I got his sinicuichi in the other day and couldn't resist trying it so about half an hour ago he rolled up just under a gram and went out to the porch to toke.

The sinicuichi was a bit hard to break up, so for rolling purposes a grinder would be optimal.

The taste was not at all unpleasant, and the smoke caused a few coughs at times but wasn't really harsh in nature. Swim thinks that cannabis smoke is much harder on the lungs. It tasted like tea a bit almost, which was similar to the smell of the bag. Since swim just cut it up with scissors it didn't burn as nice as he would have wanted, but it smokes pretty decently when rolled.

I feel very relaxed and slightly euphoric now. His mind is at ease, and the sinicuichi seems to have stimulated thinking to some extent. Also colours were brightened, especially as Fall is setting in and some of the trees near swim's house have turned into beautiful mixes of yellow, red, green, orange, and other melds. After swim finished the roll he stood up to leave but found himself staring at a tree with brilliant orange and yellow and pink leaves that were brighter than usual.

Overall the sinicuichi was enjoyable to smoke, though it didn't produce very strong effects, which was what swim expected. He hopes to try it with cannabis next to see if there are synergistic effects.

One interesting thing swim picked up on was the auditory aspect of the substance. Now this may just be placebo, though swim himself didn't believe the auditory hallucinations stories and wasn't really thinking of them while smoking, but I am fairly convinced that sinicuichi does have some effects on hearing. He didn't experience any hallucinations per se, but sounds were more vivid and noticeable than usual. Swim's porch is right near a fairly busy intersection and the sounds of the cars grinding by and buses screeching to a halt were quite amplified in swim's mind. Even now as I am still feeling the effects he is actively noticing the sounds of cars outside, and was just jolted by a horn blast coming through the window. So while not wanting to conclude anything from this, I am still fairly excited that he may encounter more audio effects as he experiments further with the substance.

I am going to compile a number of reports as he tests the substances with different methods of ingestion and combinations and then post them together at a later time, he just felt compelled to share his first sinicuichi experience here before so.

BajEdit: Swim's roomate has been knocking on the desk a bit and its echoing in swim's head a little bit. Not a hallucination, but I am absolutely sure sounds are being amplified right now!

1. 5/5,
      Interesting, thanks for sharing.
      Jul 18, 2008
    2. 5/5,
      Thank you for sharing your experience
      Oct 16, 2006
    3. 4/5,
      Nice report, Thanks.
      Oct 12, 2006
    4. 5/5,
      valuable information. please add more with new experiences
      Oct 12, 2006
  11. Bajeda

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Ok, so a few nights ago swim and his friend made Sinicuichi tea. Swim gave me a diary of the night's events, which are below in slightly edited form, though the content after ingestion time is left relatively unchanged so you can see his state of mind more clearly.

Please note that this is swim's collection of notes from the experience, not mine, and I didn't feel like transcribing all of his use of personal pronouns into 'swim', so ignore the use of the first person below.

Sinicuichi (Heimia Salicifolia) Tea Experiment

Preparation

• Bought tea pot with built-in infuser, plus a water steeper.
    • Packed approximately 16 grams Sinicuichi into infuser, then added 3/4 liters of water.
    • Tea was left for 15 minutes to be infused, resulted in fairly putrid smelling mixture.
    • Resulting mixture poured into pot and mixed with copious amounts of sugar and honey.
    • Second 16 gram tea mix made with same process.
    • After sitting for 20 minutes the second tea batch is mixed into the pot with the previous one, and more sugar and honey are added.
    • Poured two equal servings from pot.

Ingestion

T~ -0:20
    Smoked a medium sized joint shortly before drinking tea. Ended up helping with drinking tea, but was a detriment to developing right mindset before ingestion.

T~ 0:00 (8:35pm)
    Began drinking tea. Tastes like sweet honey tea with a more leafy or grassy aftertaste that is moderately bitter. Temperature is slightly warm, so it flows down fairly nicely. Could have used less honey, as the intense sweetness was nastier than the plant bitterness by far. On the whole the tea is quite easy to drink. By end of drinking honey becomes more of a factor, definitely remember to use less next time.

- Started making dinner while drinking tea. Feeling quite hungry now.

T~ +0:25
    Feel relaxed and upbeat right now. Listening to Hallucinogen. Closed eyes and saw a visualizer, and went flying down a wormhole as the screen warped to the music. Food almost ready now, oven smoke set off smoke detector which scared the shit out of me.

T~ +0:30
    Began eating food. Got cool closed eye visual of walking through animated rooms and then seeing a little shadow guy raving. There is somewhat of a lucidity to the visuals, as with a little mental effort and concentration I can control some of what I am seeing. Hallucinogen - Shamanix is freaking nuts right now!

- Drank last bit of tea from fridge. Is cold now, and bitterness is mostly gone. Tastes much better cold!

T~ +0:50
    Started to watch Dead Man starring Johnny Depp. Am slightly disoriented, but relaxed and euphoric. Food had calming effect on body, helping to get rid of the hungry that was irritating me before. Stomach is only slightly queasy.

T~ +1:35
    Feeling quite lulled, after smoking some pot. In a dreamy-like state but able to concentrate on the movie. Still get twisted insane visuals when I close my eyes.

- Never liked the Neil Young soundtrack to this movie before, but it sounds much more pleasing and creates a warm feeling in my ears, especially the twang of the electric guitar.

T~ +2:45
    In a dazed stupor... Nothing visual with eyes open really. Listening to an Acid House set by Psy-T. When I lay back and close my eyes I drift away into a fantasy world, but when I try to move around and be sociable I get sore a bit, though my friend is feeling more sore, comparing it to the feeling you get right after working out. He didn't describe any discomfort from it, just an annoying feeling of soreness. This substance definitely seems more geared towards isolated introspective exploration rather than just "trippin out" or using it recreationally in a social atmosphere. Think dose maybe could be higher, or we should have reused the Sinicuichi leaves for a second tea infusion to get the most out of the plant. In any case, effects are overall pleasant at this stage.

- Definite sensory enhancement, though auditory is most noticeable. Haven't experienced auditory hallucinations at this point, though sound is enhanced and feels different travelling through my ears into my brain.

- Soundwaves manifested in visualizer form - like itunes or winamp - when I close my eyes. Lots of different, random, and just plain weird closed eye hallucinations when I focus my imagination a bit, though don't have much control over them other than with effort I can cause the image to change to something else random.

- Closed eyes and played with my cigarette (which I've been smoking too many of) waving it around in front of my face. With my eyes closed the cigarette is still visible to me but as fire or an intense glowstick, so I wave the cigarette around and create a glowstick show in my head, changing the colours at random.

T~ +3:00
    Turned all lights off in the apartment, lit scented candles, and put on some trippy trance. Also drank two cups of bailey's with milk. Feel excellent, though still smoking too much.

- Smoke from candles, incense, joints, and cigarettes wafts through the room, giving it an ephemerally ethereal atmosphere.

- Smoke from incense on table seems to dance with the music.

- Laurent Garnier's Acid Eiffel is AMAZING right now!

T~ +3:15
    Smoke is fucking awesome! Through breathing and toying with it with your fingers you can create insane shapes and formations. It truly looks mindblowing right now, especially when wafting the smoke into spiral shapes.

*Note: At this point handwriting is quite hard to read as I was writing in the dark and was inebriated. Noticeable difference in writing from this point on from before.*

T~ +3:30
    Smoking joint comprised of weed, Buddha Blend (which is a bunch of stuff including kava kava, prickly poppy, some other poppies, cardamon, cinammon, other natural thingys), and a shitload of 25x sinicuichi extract. Feeling more intense inebriation right now. Joint helped numb throat a little (kava?). Too much extract in joint, made it sloppy ---> shit keeps falling out.

"lets get up, and lets get ill"

T~ +3:45
    Joint fucked me up. Really chilled out and euphoric, but energetic 'E' like feeling. Feel like dancing, or running around. Sensory perceptions sure as hell still altered, and cognitive functions could be better at the moment, holy shit that beat is tight, no soreness is a huge plus at the moment. Body completely relaxed.

giddddd-aaaayyy (reminds me of opium)

A few more bowls on the chillum... practically retarded right now. Rush of euphoria and energy through me, sensory still moderately altered, though not as much as right after special joint.

T~ +4:10
    Drank some more bailey's drinks. Smoked more. Listened to Tribal House and Jungle. Incredibly happy. Time to go out.

T~ +5:35
    Too lethargic to go out. Still feel great, but effects have leveled significantly. Fixed me a double of vodka and pepsi. just wait and see what happens I guess...

T~ +?:??
    Swim stopped taking notes after the last entry. It was too much effort. He ended up going to some friends' place and getting his 151 and Amaretto and started drinking with a few beers and a flaming dr. pepper. He went home and people were drinking there so swim drank there a bit as well until he was almost blackout (he had more Bailey's mixes than was noted in the journal) and then passed out at close to 7 AM. He had some pretty ridiculous dreams that night, but can't remember them too well, or barely at all actually. The next day I felt decently rested and had no soreness or other residual effects. He felt slightly tired. The next night he slept well, had one very long incredibly bizarre dream that has some personal meanings that hit hard on swim (he didn't care to share them), and woke up early for class the next day.

Commentary & Evaluation

Overall I had a good experience with Sinicuichi. It wasn't anything especially amazing, but it was a very different type of trip, which caught swim off guard a bit. Swim experienced some interesting effects, but feels that this experiment is more useful in determining appropriate preparation techniques as well as how to create the set and setting.

As to preparation, I has few complaints. Everything was quite easy to do, and the taste was nowhere near as horrible as he had read. By simply mixing a moderate amount of honey and sugar the bitterness can be reduced oto easily manageable levels. The main problem with the tea I made was that it was TOO sweet. I would want to reuse the sinicuichi leaves for a second infusion the next time he makes Sinicuichi tea however, as he feels he didn't extract enough from the leaves. Next time I will most likely try the traditional method of preparation to see if it is any better. I think he will steep the water a bit and then mix the leaves in and let them sit for a time. Hopefully that would make for a more powerful concoction without having to add to dose, though that is also a possibility.

Set and setting are very important with this substance. I feel his experience would have been much better even with the same dose if he had a better idea of what it would be like. A dark environment is good, and the atmosphere created by the incense and candles was really enjoyable. Music is extremely clutch, and pretty much anything works. Really active music with lots of tracks and different sounds is good, though swim listened to some dub at one point and it was great as well. Music is pretty much nice all-around with Heimia Salicifolia, so just have something you like. I would also recommend doing it alone, as it seems to be much more of an introspective substance. He would like to try laying back with music and putting himself in a meditative state next time he makes tea, as this seems like a much more useful and enjoyable use of the substance than attempting any socialization or trying to watch a movie or interpret art. Still, I don't have enough experience with Sinicuichi to truly say what the most enjoyable way is to do it in his opinion, so more to come on this aspect another time.

Thats about it for this experience. Poly-substance use probably hindered diagnosis of Sinicuichi effects, but also probably made some effects stronger. In any case this was a learning experience for swim, and at least taught him a number of things about how to use Sinicuichi while also providing him with an enjoyable time.

1. 3/5,
      Nice, detailed report
      Sep 15, 2009
    2. 3/5,
      Excellently organized, excelltent content
      Mar 28, 2009
    3. 5/5,
      Very good post and very nice, detailed trip report
      Feb 8, 2007
    4. 3/5,
      nice report
      Nov 26, 2006
  12. Alfa

Reputation Points:
    Yes, it's hard to say which effects can be contributed to sinichuichi and which to the other psychoactives. But that makes it even more interesting to read the next episodes of you's adventures, as we might draw some paralels there. (If You does not use the same psychoactives as supplement then)

13. Bajeda

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

One nice thing about cannabis is that it usually doesn't significantly alter the effects of a substance, but rather enhances certain aspects of it. Otherwise, the Buddha Blend definitely made a difference on swim's experience, as he got a huge boost of energy his friend who wasn't smoking didn't really get.

For the next time I think I will focus more on the Sinicuichi, and attempting to prepare it in the most efficient way possible, and then examining the effects on its own before adding other substances. This would probably also be more conducive to an introspective experience, which is probably better with this substance.

Can't really say more until next time...... I am really wondering about the quality of his Sinicuichi leaves right now though. A better planned preparation next time will help to either diminish or reinforce these doubts. Maybe I will make a second smaller batch next time for use as a potential supplement just in case his Sinicuichi is weak.

14. Alfa

Reputation Points:
    30 grams infused for a day may be an effective way. Will probably not taste nice though.

15. Bajeda

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Was thinking about that...

Would it be possible to heat the infused substance a bit so some honey or lemon perhaps can be added?

Honestly, when I took the rest of the Sinicuichi tea out of the fridge and it was cool he couldn't taste any bitterness at all, and the only annoying thing tastewise was the overdose of honey and sugar.

The mixture smelt absolutely putrid when I took it out, but after mixing the honey in didn't smell so bad and was quite edible. I don't know if he would be able to ingest the substance without anything to help with the taste.

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

Great, in that case I will probably mix in some honey again, then let it cool in the refridgerator once more. The mix tasted much better when cold, and a moderate amount of honey should bring the taste from vomit-inducing gerbil-esque nastiness to a manageable mix of sweet and slightly bitter.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2006
  16. Alfa

Reputation Points:
    Sure, the infusion can be warmed up to drink.

17. psyche

psyche Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o from finland
    Sounds very interesting. I am familiar with this herb but it didn't draw his attention because it seemed to go in the same gategory with wild dagga, the ultimate useless substance(at least in swim's limited experience). While it doesn't seem to give anything like a strong trip, it sounds interesting. SWIM read from one distributer's site that it improves memory, but in the warnings there was nothing else but long-term use may impair memory(no disclaimer-like warnings about other drugs, driving etc). The clarity and some sort of purity elements sound intriguiding.

18. Bajeda

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Thats one problem with this substance and other relatively unknown ethnobotanicals. Information is sparse so often vendors have to pull information out of their ass. Leads to very mixed expectations of what effects will be like and how to get them. Too much conflicting anecdotal evidence on the topic makes it a pain to actually research, hence the need for people to share their experiences in a thread like this. Seriously, if anyone else has Sinicuichi (Heimia Salicifolia) experiences they know of your input would be appreciated.

Otherwise expect swim to run another - modified - experiment with Sinicuichi within the next few weeks. Higher dose and more care to preparation this time. We'll see how it goes.

19. Isochrist

Isochrist Newbie

Reputation Points:
    34 y/o from U.S.A.
    I had been experimenting with legal psychoactives lately, due to some legal mess I am wading through. SWIM came across an ounce of sinicuichi. I know that the traditional way to prepare it is to let it steep in some water in the sun for a day or two, but was impatient so a tea was made with 20 grams of the substance.

The sinicuichi was brewed for about an hour, with water being added as necessary. The resulting liquid, which by the way was some of the worst tasting brew ever made by me, was then drank.

About an hour later, the only effect noticed was some slight stomach discomfort, not in a nauseous way, but more like a cramping pain. There were no positive effects at all, and what's worse is it didn't stop with the stomach cramps. Over the course of the night, SWIM's whole body began cramping. Every inch of skin felt like it was horribly bruised and breathing hurt as well. Pretty much SWIM's body felt like it was shutting down on him.

This last for the next 36 hours or so.

Horrible experience, but I did learn a lesson.

What lesson? Start small. Even with things which you may think won't have intense psychadelic effects, lest wise it may come back to bite you in the ass.

20. Bajeda

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

You should have looked at my earlier posts in this thread and acted accordingly. A small amount of honey alone does wonders to reduce the bitterness of the Sinicuichi tatste. Lemon or confectionary sugar would help as well. Seriously, I had absolutely no problem drinking his brew, other than it was too sickeningly sweet because he added too many sweeteners after reading about the supposed horrible taste from others.

If You didn't get any effects at all that is interesting. Did You procure the leaves from a website? Or did he grow them himself? I'm interested in this, as while swim's previous experiences could partially be attributed to placebo the effects were too prominent and consistent to be a figment of a swim's imagination. It just makes me woner how such a wide range of experiences with ethnos can be reached. I'm guessing that the quality of hte substance, the method of preparation, and the usual set and setting all play a part in this. Expectations play a role as well, though I see this figuring in to Ethnos more as in people thinking them to be a waste of time since the substances are quite different from most illicit substances.

In any case, more information about swiy's experience would be appreciated.

I have a larger collection of ethnos to try now, but he also has limited time and doesn't want to mix them together when he can avoid it. Its better to get an idea of what each substance is by itself before combing things. Thinking towards his next Sinicuichi experiment, he is debating how to go about with preparations. Right now he is considering 20 to 30 grams of leaves brewed in a similar fashion to his previous experience, described in an earlier post above. The soreness, while not really something of consequence to swim, is noticeable in a number of other people who use Hemia Salicifolia. Swim might have some Kava (Piper Methysticum) dehydrated root juice on hand to take sublingually in case such negative side effects arise.