SLE and RI

Discussion in 'Cannabis' started by 788.4, Feb 2, 2006.

1. 788.4

788.4 Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    Normal treatments for my friend's condition (SLE) have not been successful and he has learned recently that he can benefit from marijuana use. He does not live in a state where medicinal marijuana is legal, but he is within reasonable driving distance of Rhode Island where it is legal.

However, he is having troubling figuring out if medicinal marijuana can be purchased from vendors in Rhode Island with a prescription or if the law simply allows people to have it if they have a prescription. He is also wondering if he can be prescribed it by visting a doctor in Rhode Island, even if he lives out of state.

He thinks he could get this information from a Rhode Island doctor who prescribes it, but does not know how to find one.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2006
  2. Motorhead

Motorhead Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    44 y/o from Canada
    I assume that doctors are listed in the yellow pages? Just call a couple and see what they say. But from my understanding of US law it doesnt matter if you have a card saying you are allowed to take marijuana, have a script, and purchased it legally in a Medical Marijuana state; as soon as your busted with weed in a state that doesnt have legal medical skunk-well you're busted. And once youre busted you couldnt even hide out in Rhode Island or any medical marijauna state. They will extradite your ass.Thats my understanding of how it goes, and if this is true swim might as well keep getting weed the old fashioned way. Save on gas anyway.

3. Solidly-here

Solidly-here Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    OK, you want to know about buying Medical Pot in Rhode Island. A good question.

The new Law does nothing to make the buying of Pot easier for the Patients who are Medical Pot users. So, (unlike states like California, who have Buyers Clubs) Patients have to buy their Pot on-the-streets, just like everyone else: From a Drug Dealer.