Sleep deprivation and marijuana

Discussion in 'Cannabis' started by Sickman, Oct 20, 2006.

1. Sickman

Sickman Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    Anyone ever observe whether being sleep deprived affects how strongly marijuana hits people?

For example:

Swim and his friend smoke about the same amount of bud.
    I got 2 hours sleep last night
    Friend got a normal amount of sleep
    swim and his friend just smoked up

I am extremely stoned
    swim's friend, not so much.

Some questions:
    1) Anyone swiy's out there who can hold their smoke just as well while tired?

2) Does being tired increase sensitivity to all drugs generally, or just some?

Last edited: Oct 20, 2006
  2. Bez

Bez Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    I find that having a doob when tired makes me so tired it's almost impossible to not sleep!

From experience I would say that any stim drugs like coke/speed do work just as well, but for a slightly shorter duration. Funny but if I takes MDMA when tired it makes me very sleepy as well. ON its own it doesn't seem to make SWIM have energy just feel all happy...

3. D.U.M.B

D.U.M.B Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    I think the lack of sleep would enhance the effects or at least just make you think your more stoned when infact your just more tired. Whenever SWIM smokes after not a lot of sleep he simply passes out and falls asleep again. I do this some mornings, he awakes at 7am and has a joint and goes back to bed until like noon. It's fun on days off and can lead to weird and funny dreams

4. Ellis D.

Ellis D. Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I don't enjoy the drug as much when tired but it's effects are defentelly there.

Being really tired can make you have a bad trip if you take a psychadelic.