Oral use - Sleep MD??

Discussion in 'Downers and sleeping pills' started by laws0n, Feb 6, 2007.

1. laws0n

laws0n Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I have tried many OTC sleep aids and is just waiting for his perscription to be refilled and needs to know what the active ingredient is in Sleep MD, which is a very new product.

It seems like the only thing SWIM can find (besides DXM, which gives swim a bad hangover) are antihistimines. Which make swim more restless.

So if anyone can give SWIM the active ingrediant in Sleep MD before stroes close that would be great =). thanks.

2. Abrad

Abrad R.I.P. Platinum Member & Advisor R.I.P.

Reputation Points:
    It seems to be marketed as "drug-free". Here are the ingredients;
    Mostly herbs, some of which are known to help sleep and 384mg of "QuickSleep™ Proprietary Blend". I wonder what that consists of...

3. Jatelka

Jatelka Psychedelic Shepherdess Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Damn Abrad: You're too quick this am!

SWIJ guesses the Valerian would have the most effect, although Lemon Balm is traditionally used to help with sleep. In her several experiences though, Lemon Balm just tastes nice!

4. Micklemouse

Micklemouse Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Lavender, hops & Scutelleria (Skullcap) are also effective herbal sedatives. Melotonin should help regulate sleep patterns too.

A word of caution about White Willow Bark - this is basically herbal Aspirin, so be careful to check any other meds that might be taken for Aspirin, as an overdose could seriously damage SWiY health. Also not recommended for people with asthma.

http://www.drugdigest.org/DD/PrintablePages/herbMonograph/0,11475,4111,00.html

5. Alicia

Alicia Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    Swia was gonna say lavender, there is also lactura virosa (wild opium lettuce) which has help swia go to sleep in the past. may help she has heard it is also in some sleep remedies.

6. ironmics

ironmics Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    32 y/o from U.S.A.
    Hops always work great for me. If I drink a really strong IPA or a bitter stout I'm ready to hit the hay almost as soon as I'm done. So maybe just drink a hoppy beer before bedtime;) I agree with you about the antihystamine thing, they do put me to sleep but it ends up being absolutely terrible sleep and I wake up a lot during the night.