Small glass pipe with a hole in the bowl

Discussion in 'Oxycodone' started by yahouda, Dec 21, 2004.

1. yahouda

yahouda Newbie

Reputation Points:
    70 y/o
    Hi

I may be wrong but somehow I don't think it's for tobacco. I put a piece of metal screen mesh inside and tried to smoke an oxy. Nothing much happened. I didn't add anything else just the crushed powder.

Is there a better way to use it? I don't smoke tobacco.

Y

2. beena

beena Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    39 y/o from U.K.
    sounds like a pipe used for smoking crystal meth. You would definately need to add something to the mix, you say you don't smoke tobacco, have you thought about putting the powder on some ash?

3. Powder_Reality

Powder_Reality Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    I amn't sure, but he doesn't even think that oxycodone can be smoked. He knows that codeine is soluble in cold water, and that hot water can destroy it. I will make an educated guess and say that smoking synthetic opiates (such as oxycodone) probably destroys the goods due to the high temperature.

Another thing, those pills also contain binders and other substances that probably aren't very good for You to smoke.

So in closing: DON'T SMOKE OXYCONTIN PILLS!

P.S.
    You need to read the rules before you make any more posts.

You can read them here: https://drugs-forum.com/help/rules

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2016
    1. 3/5,
      good warning and harm reduction advice
      Nov 5, 2010
  4. Donmeka

Donmeka Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o from U.S.A.
    yo reality, what You said is complete truth, they are pills and are not meant to be smoked. just out of curiousity though, an issue that comes up with this subject is the binders. In OxyIR Oxycodone HCL capsules, is this in anyway safer? like is it purer oxy hcl.

SWIM just noticed with insufflation there was less of a burn or negative drip. I thought this was because of the lack of binders or w/e since its in a capsule at 5mg.

I will google/search to see what else maybe inside the OxyIR. and oh SWIM DOES NOT and i repeat does not plan on doing this. he just finds things like this interesting :p

lol swim safely and dont forget ur floaties :)

5. knot

knot Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Can someone be that "new"? Something isn't right about the OP's post.

6. jesusfreak666er

jesusfreak666er Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    sounds like a waste of some otherwise extremely pricy oxys... bump or pop it... smoking anything that doesnt require being smoked is always a bad idea.

7. Son of Axeman

Son of Axeman Newbie

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o
    Did the OP light the powder as he would should he have been smoking a bowl of marijuana? If so, SWIM sees the problem.

I know that synthetic opioids CAN be smoked, case proven with fentanyl. What I would do is that he would crush the pill, put it in the bowl, and heat from underneath. Do NOT expose opiates or opioids to an open flame, they WILL be DESTROYED.

If You feels up to it, try that method. If it doesn't work, it doesn't work. If it does, power to you.

1. 3/5,
      good instruction, warning, for the op
      Nov 5, 2010
  8. Powder_Reality

Powder_Reality Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    SWIM may be mistaken, but wouldn't the synthetic opiate have to be changed to it's base form before it could be smoked? There's more information on this subject either in the opiates forum and/or the chemistry forum, but I am too lazy to go find it.

I am going to have to put out a word of caution. He doesn't want to sound judgemental or anything, but seriously; his guess is that someone who is attempting to smoke oxycontins out of a (crack?) pipe (and doesn't realize why it's not working) probably shouldn't be attempting to perform any kind of drug-related chemistry, no matter how basic it is (no pun intended).

9. knot

knot Newbie

Reputation Points:
    That was knot's intention (not to be critical) but sometimes knot is just blunt. Sorry.

10. knot

knot Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Also (sorry for the multiples) knot is concerned that maybe instead of a 59 year old man, we are seeing the post of a 13 year old kid.

To the OP: forgive knot if knot is incorrect.