1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP

Small Poppy Seed Tea Relapse: What to expect?

Discussion in 'Opiate & Opioid addiction' started by GP60, Mar 1, 2017.

1. GP60

GP60 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I quit Poppy Seed Tea and all opiates about 4 and a half months ago. During that time I didn't do any drugs recreationally, however I did on occasion take Phenibut (and sometimes Sudafed for a small energy boost on those really fatigued days). I'm still experiencing some PAWS symptoms, but it is light-years better than after my first month off

Anyway, I was having a shitty day, during a shitty week, and at the end of a very shitty month. I didn't have strong mental or physical cravings, but I just wanted a small boost. So I made a little bit of PST. I made one third of what I used to take and made it with weaker seeds than I used to take. I didn't want to get high, I just wanted to feel a little better this evening. And it worked. I'm not high, but I am feeling a little better and happier.

My question is, what can I expect in terms of a rebound effect? I'm guessing( actually, hopping) it's not gonna be a full blown withdrawal but that there will be some symptoms once it wears off. It was a stupid thing to do and I don't plan on doing it again, but I'm sure know what it's like sometimes when you're in recovery and having really bad days.

So, what can I expect once this mild, pleasant buzz wears off?

2. perro-salchicha614

perro-salchicha614 Pepperoni Addict Titanium Member Supporter

Reputation Points:
    36 y/o from Headache City
    I don't think you're going to feel much in the way of withdrawal after a one-off use. You'd have to use the tea at least a few times in order to start having noticeable symptoms. I wouldn't be too worried about it if I were you.

3. GP60

GP60 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Thank you for the quick reply. I'm very glad to hear that and I hope you're right. As soon as I drank I was like "Ahhh shit, what did I do" Good to hear it probably won't completely set me back and cost me 4.5 months of being clean.

How are you doing? I remember when I first posted in October after I quit and was going through horrible withdrawals, you gave me some good advice and told me you had been off about a month. But I don't know know if that was supposed to be for good or just a break.