Small Poppy Seed Tea Relapse: What to expect?

Discussion in 'Opiate & Opioid addiction' started by GP60, Mar 1, 2017.

1. GP60

GP60 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I quit Poppy Seed Tea and all opiates about 4 and a half months ago. During that time I didn't do any drugs recreationally, however I did on occasion take Phenibut (and sometimes Sudafed for a small energy boost on those really fatigued days). I'm still experiencing some PAWS symptoms, but it is light-years better than after my first month off

Anyway, I was having a shitty day, during a shitty week, and at the end of a very shitty month. I didn't have strong mental or physical cravings, but I just wanted a small boost. So I made a little bit of PST. I made one third of what I used to take and made it with weaker seeds than I used to take. I didn't want to get high, I just wanted to feel a little better this evening. And it worked. I'm not high, but I am feeling a little better and happier.

My question is, what can I expect in terms of a rebound effect? I'm guessing( actually, hopping) it's not gonna be a full blown withdrawal but that there will be some symptoms once it wears off. It was a stupid thing to do and I don't plan on doing it again, but I'm sure know what it's like sometimes when you're in recovery and having really bad days.

So, what can I expect once this mild, pleasant buzz wears off?

2. la fee brune

la fee brune Titanium Member Sponsor

Reputation Points:
    from Cowtown
    I don't think you're going to feel much in the way of withdrawal after a one-off use. You'd have to use the tea at least a few times in order to start having noticeable symptoms. I wouldn't be too worried about it if I were you.

1. 5/5,
      Very helpful and quick response. Thanks!
      Mar 1, 2017
  3. GP60

GP60 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Thank you for the quick reply. I'm very glad to hear that and I hope you're right. As soon as I drank I was like "Ahhh shit, what did I do" Good to hear it probably won't completely set me back and cost me 4.5 months of being clean.

How are you doing? I remember when I first posted in October after I quit and was going through horrible withdrawals, you gave me some good advice and told me you had been off about a month. But I don't know know if that was supposed to be for good or just a break.