Smart shop owner jailed for murder.

Discussion in 'LSA seeds' started by VincentVan, Sep 26, 2006.

1. VincentVan

VincentVan Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    For reasons related to his job SWIM regularly follows the evening news from France. Italy and Spain via parabol.
    A few moments ago, while he was browsing the drug forum and watching ,in a corner of his monitor, the evening news broadcast from italian state channal RAI2, he heard a newsreport that cathalized his attention: It seems that the owner of a head shop in the southern port city of Bari, has been jailed and charged with murder, for having sold some vegetable´s seeds to a young guy who subsequently died as a result of these seeds´ ingestion. The italian authorities have now been ordered to sieze all specimen of those seeds from all smart shops/head shops all over the country.
    Unfortunately I have´nt been able to catch the full name of the plant in question. It was the seeds of a plant whose name was made of two words the second of which was "violacea"; i.e. : seeds of " XXXXXX violacea".
    Can anybody figure out what those life-threatening seeds could have been?
    Maybe some italian member has heard the news too, or maybe he might have read about it in the papers?
    I´m really curious to know what could have killed this poor lad.
    Anyone who will provide us with this information will surely receive positive reputation points, and probably not only from me since all clients of this kind of shops would probably be interested in knowing what to stay clear of, in order not to risk their life.

VV.

2. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    117 y/o from The Netherlands
    The seeds are very likely ipomoea violacea AKA Morning Glory seeds. Which like Hawaiian Baby Woodrose is deadly if you take a dose high enough. But with a normal dose these are not deadly. I assume they will try to ban ipomoea violacea in Italy. But since it grows all over Italy, that may be difficult.

3. jesusfreak666er

jesusfreak666er Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    ye sounds like datura seeds or like some sort of lsa seed. Datura alone could have caused death, but if it was an lsa maybe it had pesticides on it.

4. fnord

fnord Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    death is and unlikly but deffintly possible efect of morning glory seeds,do smart shops sell these for consumption?because if not that be like them aresting a chemistry supply store if i drank a gallon of benzene or something.

5. VincentVan

Reputation Points:
    Yes Fnord
    apparently they were sold for consumption and I think that Alfa got it right: ipomoea violacea is the most likely candidate.
    I´m gonna find out something more about this story in the week end, also because I´m interested in getting some more informations about the situation of smart shops in Italy of which I know very little. If I remember right the TV spoke of about 1000 of these stores, which to me seems an extremely large number.
    I´ll keep you posted.

I´m also thinking of posting an extremely interesting article which appeared on the last number of the european edition of Newsweek about coca and its many derivates that some latin american countries will try to get approved for export at the next round of the WTO.
    It says , among many other interesting things, that the coca leave and its natural derivates have been proved ,by studies from famous US universities, to have important medicinal and health preserving properties for a number of afflictions and that the only company that still can legally import coca leaves and extracts into the US is the Coca Cola Co., which after some alcaloids have been removed, still use them in its soft drinks.
    But the thing I found most interesting , and that I did´nt know even though I have been in latin america more than once, is that in most south american countries are legally sold a number of teas, soft drinks and energy drinks made with the Inca´s "holy leave", and that soon al these products will be for sale also in South Africa and some other countries that have never ratified the international treaty of narcotics.
    Interesting uh?

Now the question is (are):
    First: has any member ever tried some of these products?
    Second (for Alfa or other administrators) : can I post the article or would I infrange some copyright related forum rule?

VV.

6. Alfa

Reputation Points:
    Please post the story.

7. VincentVan

Reputation Points:
    It does´nt want to be uploaded. Is 922 kb too much?
    Yes it is.
    Let me see what I can do to reduce the file´s size.
    I hope it will still be readable.
    BBS.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2006
  8. Alfa

Reputation Points:
    That should not be to much. What format does it have?

9. VincentVan

Reputation Points:
    I hope this is still understandable.
    If it is´nt I can send it to some e-mail adress.
    Do you want it Alfa?

VV.

I´m sorry . Itried everything but I did´nt manage to reduce it to less than 430 kb and still having a readable text. when I reduced it a bit more this was the unfortunate result.
    Alfa if you are interested let me know it and I´ll send it to you via e-mail.

VV

Last edited: Jun 3, 2007
  10. Alfa

Reputation Points:
    Vincent, can you make a pdf from it?