1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.

Smoked DMT and SSRIs (fluoxetin)?

Discussion in 'DMT and Ayahuasca' started by dancingbear, Feb 8, 2006.

1. dancingbear

dancingbear Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    Feb 8, 2006
    from earth
    Hi all,

And greetings.

First post, first question: does anyone know if SSRI antidepressants have any effect on smoked DMT? Any dangers in smoking spice when on SSRI antidepressants?

I know ayahuasca is out of the question, 'cause combining MAOIs and SSRIs could be very dangerous, but as smoked DMT doesn't require a MAOI, is it safe?

Thank you in advance!
  2. jesusfreak666er

jesusfreak666er Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Jun 25, 2005
    from U.S.A.
    I was at one point prescribed to prozac (ssri) and though I do not have experiance with dmt I would not sugest it. I have noticed through my own self experimentation that ssri have a significant effect on dxm and lsd and would not recomend trying it with dmt since dmt in itself has such power. Discontinue your medications for two weeks then trip away!
  3. Abrad

Abrad R.I.P. Platinum Member & Advisor R.I.P.

Reputation Points:
    Dec 10, 2005
    Do not discontinue your meds.
    I do not think that it would be dangerous to combine them. The SSRIs would probably reduce the intensity of the DMT.
    But is it worth it? If you are on SSRIs You probably shouldn't be using any psychedelics, let alone DMT. Maybe You should wait until you are feeling better and no longer need your meds.
  4. fatal

fatal Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Feb 19, 2006
    from U.S.A.
    since ssris block seritonin reuptake and DMT is a precursor to seritonin this could be a bad combo. possibly seritonin syndrome which is nasty