Smoking - Smokin Opium

Discussion in 'Opium & Poppy' started by pokergod0588, Apr 2, 2006.

1. pokergod0588

pokergod0588 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    how do you smoke your opium? can you smoke the heads too?

Last edited: Apr 2, 2006
  2. Shiacmkmleer

Shiacmkmleer Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Unless I'm very much mistaken if you've milked the pods good then you can't smoke the heads

3. MrJim

MrJim Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    You can't really smoke the heads no matter what. Too much matter to smoke. Tea can be produced with milked heads, though. Refining opium helps if one were to smoke it.

4. Alicia

Alicia Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    Place the opium on some foil and heat hold a straw inbetreen your mouth, use a lighter under the foil the opium will sizzle suck up the vapor. If you know how to smoke a classic opium pipe then do that, if not it can also effectively be smoked in a glass pipe by heating the outside of the glass pipe where opium is on top. This can be applied to opium just from the pod easier in foil, or if had a chance to dry. Never heat it directly as this will ruin alot of opium.

5. genaro

genaro Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    opium is probably best smoked in an opium pipe...if u know how to use one of these

otherwise you can moke it on a cigarette:

To smoke it, take a cigarette. Remove the filter without damaging the yellow part of the cigarette envelope, and replace it with a piece of rolled paper.
    Make a few very small holes all around the white part of the cigarette envelope (using a needle or toothpick). Spread a "line" of opium all along the cigarette (be careful, too much opium is dangerous, can be deadly...and don't mix it with alcohol).
    Then take a cigarette paper (what is the english world for it? Rolling paper? you know, the paper stuff you roll your joints with), and stick it all around the cigarette (over the white part of the cigarette).
    And just smoke it !
    I suggest you keep each toke in your lungs for 5 seconds for maximum effects.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2006
  6. Alicia

Alicia Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    Just a note opium like other opiates is destroyed with direct flame,granted not all. opium pipe smoking is an art form in its-self. to get the best out of opium smoke it on foil or traditionally in a opium pipe. do not burn it directly as this wastes it. Yes too much opium is dangerous via respiratory depression.

7. raven3davis

raven3davis R.I.P. Palladium Member R.I.P.

Reputation Points:
    What does a traditional opium pipe look like? Is it like a meth pipe, where the whole purpose is to not touch the flame to the dope? is it like a weed pipe? Can someone please explain this? thanks

8. Alicia

Alicia Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    I have included pics a working o pipe, how it used opium that has gently being heated while then being stuck on the needle is transfered to the hole in the round attachment that comes of the pipe after the opium is forced over that little hole (middle photo next to needle), that section is re attached to the pipe then it is carefully while laying, I has tried sitting up and it doesn't work as well so swim gets comfy with some cushions and inhales the vapors from the pipe as it should just be under the candle or lit flame, the o should sizzles. hope this helps.

The pics are not very good, as I had bad lighting but u can see the needle next to the round pipe end

Last edited: Apr 14, 2006
  9. genaro

genaro Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    when smoking opium you must be sober (no alcohol !! risk of death by respiratory depression), lay down on your side (just as the guys from the pictures) and fucking don't move around, any sudden moves (such as suddenly turning your head to see what's happening behind you) will make you puke

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2011
  10. Alicia

Alicia Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    not just that you dont really wanna move around anyway,,to smothered in divine happyness swim tried to run with her younger cousin after a couple of pipes. with swim didn't feel sick but to lazy to go far and there are some gorgeous pipes up there, the alcohol rule (including all depressants, benzos etc) applies to all opiates however, opium providing your careful I used to powder dried pod cut o and mix it in southern comfort in a shot. swim also used to put it a glass filled with a small amount of absinth as well and drink with lemonade,wish seemed to be extremely enjoyable. it was a smaller amount of O comparing to what is smoked typically. Swim DOES not recommend it thou as if there is too much o and its content of other alkaloids varies per pod it can be dangerous,swim never had any disasters only when it ran out .:p

11. Sumeru

Sumeru Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    awww.opiummuseum.com_pics_Wills_70145_normal.jpg

^ That is what an opium pipe looks like. You CAN smoke opium from a meth/bubble pipe. Either way, the opium requires vaporization, not direct burning.

Here are some more:

awww.opiummuseum.com_pics_exhibitA15_normal.jpg

12. cheesey

cheesey Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    Don`t know if this is the right thread, i`m new here so sorry if not.

i made a batch of opium from fresh ground poppy heads a couple of days ago, i`ve ended up with a rubbery dark mass, i`m still drying it out, my issue is i`ve smoked some bits that were the consistency of cannabis resin and didn`t get any hit at all! i tried vaporising with a pipe and foil

i didn`t let temps exceed 145oF in the reduction

what did i do wrong please?

13. cheesey

cheesey Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    Any body?

14. neversummer

neversummer Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    73 y/o from The Netherlands
    if you just scrapped the resin you missed a step where you boil it down a bit

15. Evert

Evert Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands
    A boiled down extract from pods will look a bit like opium, but can't be smoked.

The white latex that drips from a cut in a life or very fresh pod can be dried to a brown resin that can be smoked. Cooking it isn't necessary. It would remove some impurities, but is only worth the effort when there is a lot of it.

Smoking can also be done by placing a piece of opium on some wood or on the bottom of an upside-down glass. Heating the tip of a knife until it is near red hot, then placing it gently against the opium and inhaling the vapours through a straw.

16. cheesey

cheesey Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    Thanks for the replies

I did reduce it down but didn`t boil it. i`ve binned that lot now, shame

i`ve some left on the plants in the garden, i`ll try to slice them and see what it gets me, not a lot now i doubt lol

cheers

17. la fee brune

la fee brune Turd Kicker Titanium Member Sponsor

Reputation Points:
    from Cowtown
    Sumeru, are those pipes from your own collection? They look gorgeous displayed on the wall like that. So elegant!

18. Sumeru

Sumeru Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    No. I wish! I don't own any classic opium pipes at the moment. Needless to say, I'd love one. Though they're incredibly expensive.

19. la fee brune

la fee brune Turd Kicker Titanium Member Sponsor

Reputation Points:
    from Cowtown
    Yes, after I posted that I came across this photo online. Alas, I never got around to asking a moderator to delete my question to you. In any case, yes, opium pipes aren't cheap. Even good replicas can cost hundreds of dollars. This, of course, is just the tip of the iceberg, as all sorts of other stuff can/must be purchased in order to have a traditional smoking experience.

This, I'm sure, is probably one of the biggest reasons more people don't take up opium smoking. It is a lot of money and effort for a high that is much more subtle than that of the tea, for example. However, I would venture to guess that for many people who do take it up, the actual high is much less important than aesthetic factors. I know that's how I feel about it. :)