1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Smoking - Smoking adderall

Discussion in 'Adderall' started by Xstrung0utXprincessX, Jul 30, 2011.

1. Xstrung0utXprincessX

Xstrung0utXprincessX Newbie

Reputation Points:
    So my new pet guinea pig got ahold of adderall pills of the XR (Orange&white capsules). Took 1 and the effect didnt hit like it usually hits my guinea pig.He then put the beads from an adderall pill in an oil burner and tried it. My guinea found that the beads burned badley and did absoloutly nothing. Is there any other way to smoke adderall without this happening to my guinea pig again? Mixing is not always fun but this is just annoying for him.

2. Ayuvuz

Ayuvuz Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    "Urinary and stomach pH levels can have a strong effect on DL-amphetamine (Adderal) excretion and absorption. An acidic stomach and GI pH will decrease the absorption of Adderall and acidic urine levels will decrease the reabsorption of the drug through the renal system. Co-administration of acidic substances (e.g., citric acid) causes decreased renal reabsorption of DL-amphetamine; whereas, alkaline agents (e.g., antacids) may cause a marked increase in renal tubular reabsorption. The increased reabsorption can increase the retention of amphetamines, with potential to result in dangerously high serum levels." - Delmar's Drug Reference for Health Care Professionals. p10.

Your pet could be experiencing tolerance, but the above is also possible. I would say it can not and should not be smoked - hes inhaling binders for the most part, and any amounts of adderal in the pills contents would likely get destroyed by the heat of its combustion, which is likely why it did nothing. I dont believe Adderall XR can easily or effectively be made into a freebase, which tend to have lower smoke points than what would destroy the chemical in bound form.

Here is a post detailing intranasal use: http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13473
    Its recommended you take half the amount up your nose that you would normally eat, as it will hit harder but it wont last as long.

My best advice is to try a normal dose orally on a settled, non-acidic stomach. If that doesnt give the desired effect, try insufflation the next time the drug is used, but be cautious doing so for the first time when it has also been taken orally. Also make sure your pet is cautious in any attempts to forcibly alter stomach acidity via alkalization, it can apparently lead to dangerous levels of amphetamine in the blood.

Be safe. :)

Last edited: Jul 31, 2011
  3. CkenX

CkenX Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    SWIM has tried every way possible to make Adderall "smokeable". As far as I've read and through experience, amphetamine molecules in salt form (adderall) just burn and destroy the molecules as they heat and they become innactive.

4. zonkapaow

zonkapaow Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Did he get any effect from it?

I think Amphetamine-Sulfate is the only form of amphetamine which is possible to smoke. Im not certain what the % are of each compound in adderal tho.