1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP

Smoking - Smoking Alprazolam (Xanax)

Discussion in 'Benzodiazepines' started by Akewstick, Nov 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Akewstick

Akewstick Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Anybody read "Glamorama" by Bret Easton Ellis, Victor Ward is rolling a spliff at one point and crumbled a Xanax into it. Does this really have a point? Anyone tried it? anyone read anything about it?

Sorry if this has been covered, I have searched.

2. Forthesevenlakes

Forthesevenlakes Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    Re: Smoking Crushed Xanax Pills in Joints

I think it wouldnt work, the burning point is too high. The pill bits would probably remain unburnt. I have seen lab rats attempt to smoke xanax, the result was some burnt tobacco and unburnt pills that the rats ended up eating.

3. raven3davis

raven3davis R.I.P. Palladium Member R.I.P.

Reputation Points:

Books often have inaccurate information when it comes to drug. For example, the book "Glamorama" by Bret Easton Ellis says something about smoking xanax, when in reality, that is a dumbass idea. Have a good day.

4. Akewstick

Akewstick Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.

Thanks.

Solemn shake of head.

5. Jatelka

Jatelka Psychedelic Shepherdess Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
  6. rxbandit

rxbandit Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Smoking Alprazolam

I have heard some interesting reports from his friend. swim may have obtained pure aprazolam with no fillers in powder form. swim lent his friend a small bit to hold over his benzo habit and my friend reported an interesting but worrying new method of ingestion.

my friend reports: 1-4 mg's of aprazolam inserted on the tobacco at the end of a ciggerette and then smoked has a powerful effect. the onset is almost immediate and even those with high tolerance are often affected heavily if not knocked out after finishing the ciggerette. it seems like the aprazolam would have to be vaporized since a filter was present in every trial. potency seems increased.

I has no experience with this method but has heard some impressive but worrying accounts.

I am curious if this is a safe practice or if the aprazolam is oxidized into any toxic deriavitives that could account for the effects. I would like to hear anyones thought on this so he can report back to his friend on wether this practice should be discontinued immediatly.

thankyou

RX

7. Sklander

Sklander Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from congo_democratic
    Re: Smoking Aprazolam

Interesting report. Have any other SWIMMERS tried this out? For some reason I don't doubt this has been done many times... folks out there will smoke just about anything these days...

8. rxbandit

rxbandit Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

So the it seems this method provides an immediate onset, a lower dosage to achieve the same effect but shortened duration.

swim doubts this would be an option for anyYou who does not have aprazolam powder, as the fillers in xanax and generics are far to great to consume via this route. however it may be possible to vaporize the apazolam from a crushed pill assuming the bp of aprazolam is lower then most of the fillers and its worth swiys effort to meticulously control the heat of a vaporizer for limited benefits.

not the most practical method for most users but I thought it was interesting when he heard of this isolated practice.

9. rxbandit

rxbandit Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

Wellhelm your message box is full but in regards to your question.

Question: Would crushing xanax pills and smoking them on a ciggerette provide a faster onset?

I has pure aprazolam powder which is a bit different. I imagine that You would have a more rapid onset as that is what I has experienced however I am unsure of how all of the binders and fillers in the pills would burn or what kind of byproduct would be inhaled. probably nothing to serious but it might be smarter to look up the boiling point of xanax and if its low enough vaporize it in say a light bulb. It wont hurt, You will still get effects. its worth a try.

hope that helps. report back

10. rex24u

rex24u Newbie

Reputation Points:

where I am from they use that and K-pins and other smokeable pills mix it with dragons blood and incense cook it and make "fake opium" they call it red rock

11. Psych0naut

Psych0naut Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands

Please always include the chemical name of pharmaceutical drugs in your posts. This can be easily obtained from Google or other search engine. Doing so will avoid confusion on this international forum. Thank you.

12. rex24u

rex24u Newbie

Reputation Points:

Sorry about that. Will do in the future!

13. Nicaine

Nicaine Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from Rhode Island, U.S.A.

Interesting. Some chemicals are vaporized when smoked, others (probably the majority) are broken down. In the latter case, there's often some of the original chemical still present in the smoke.

If smoking alprazolam is affecting people like a rapid-acting dose of alprazolam, it's very likely some of the original drug is present in the smoke. I would also guess tars from burnt pill fillers, but he doesn't know what else.

Smoking any substance carries risks, but in the case of alprazolam they are unknown. It is a risky practice for sure.

14. Ethyl

Ethyl Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from portugal

How does You mesure doses? if You has pure alprazolam powder, it's really hard to measure/put in a cigarette 1mg of powder. Even harder to see the difference in 1 to 4mgs.

15. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Newbie

Reputation Points:

I find that many people whom I've met that talk about getting high from smoking such things as cactus roots and blotter-acid are out-to-lunch to start with. Why anyone would want to take a fast-acting benzodiazepine like alprazolam and smoke it is simply beyond me. Alas.

I wish they'd teach toxicology in the schools. How many relatively benign molecules can change into carcinogens with the simple application of heat/fire.

16. rxbandit

rxbandit Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

nag, do you suspect some carcinogens would be produced from heating aprazolam. This was my first concern when I first heard reports of this practice.

and to ethyl, the residue left on say an exacto knife/razor blade should be sufficent. You can just push the tip of the blade into the end of the ciggarette and pull it out clean. I tried this method once to confirm its legitmacy. swim noted it worked but soon after remembered he was not fond of benzos and slipped off into a stupor.

Last edited: May 21, 2007
  17. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Newbie

Reputation Points:

That's just the point - we don't know what the heck forms when one does this. Probably won't know until people give birth to a bouncing, baby 9-pound tumor.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.