Smoking - Smoking AMT

Discussion in 'Tryptamines' started by Pinkavvy, Jul 7, 2004.

1. Pinkavvy

Pinkavvy Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I have 3 grams of AMT left from it's legal days and have always either snorted 20mg or swollowed 40mg. A friend of mine tells me that smoking about 20mg is a good way to do it, and it won't last as long. (love AMT, just hate that is takes 24 hours for everything to stop moving and another 4 hours to fall asleep.)

Anyone ever smoked AMT? How long did it take to come down?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2010
  2. Blowmonkey

Blowmonkey Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Duration is shortened by 4-6 hours. Make sure you have the freebase, not the salt..

3. wizard warior

wizard warior Newbie

Reputation Points:
    you can also smoke the 5meo-amt analgoue its not as intense as ingesting it but the effects become instantally after smoking,and it keeps burning for ages,i tried about 7mg and it was safe enough just a bit of heavy body load to sart of with.then it smoothed off into a very pleasent experience, very good humor and joy, with the slightest funny thing,excellent.

4. wizard warior

wizard warior Newbie

Reputation Points:
    start of very small that my best advice,casue it tastes like really potent chemicals .i made the mistake of not mixing it with anything but it still burned it just took ages to finish it off.i read in thikal that you can mix it with pepermint i think?? somekind of inert herb thats not going to affect the effects of the amt or 5meo.

5. sunyata

sunyata Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from norway
    Does anyone know the melting point of AMT hcl, do you have to freebase it or can you smoke the hcl?

6. acid1980

acid1980 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    The acetate salt of a-MT has a mp of 143-144 °C,
    the fumarate salt mp is 200-206 °C
    Hope that helps, and yes you can smoke it as a salt.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2010
  7. QGdoxl

QGdoxl Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    44 y/o from Canada
    How abouts 5-meo-amt is that smokeable?

I am interested in getting some from a pot belly pig he knows.

was wondering if he could mix some (5-meo-amt) in water then have somoe
    super dry bud soak up the water and have 5-meo-amt laced weed? of
    course he would have to dry out the bud again after soaking up the 5meo
    but it should stay in the bud right?

8. BlueMystic

BlueMystic Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands
    Not sure as to the melting point of the methoxy analog of amt. Reports state that there is no increased potency when smoked. One report report was with 5 milligrams, and said: "Not too intense a smell, but it has quite a bite. Slow onset, unlike DMT. After a few minutes there was some dizziness, light giddiness, dysphoria, stretching of the limbs, some gastrointestinal disturbances, a sense of the body floating, and pupil dilation. Even with the eyes closed, and concentration, there were only indistinct visual hallucinations. With the eyes open, a strong intensification of colors, and a harmonization of visual impressions just like everything was velvet coated and has its own mystical movement.Sleep was restless and on the next day there were some remaining effects with tiredness and mental exhaustion."

9. allyourbase

allyourbase Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Smoking 5meoAMT -no increased potency, just fast onset time, generally shorter experiences, and in some people freedom from the notoriousnausea caused by oral dosing.

10. Meow Tse Dung

Meow Tse Dung Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from france
    My cat was wondering if freebase aMT was smokable in a joint. Would anyone have an answer?

Meow =^.^=

11. LifeSucceedsDeath

LifeSucceedsDeath Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    Originally Posted on :
    [my comments are blue and in square brackets, I've highlighted stuff I can relate too/ want to expand on)

"...I smoked it last night, first using a glass test tube. The AMT melted very quickly and then smoked - [read *(1)*, bottom of paragraph], but inhaling the smoke was just about impossible because as soon as I breathed even a tiny hit in it felt like my lungs closed up from the burn." [Same thing happened to me, I new it was harsh to vape first time at 'er, so I tried to go slow; eventually I started consuming the smoke too fast and very painful lung spasms/coughing developed, lasting around 30minutes; not fun at all (even while high!)]

*(1)* [It melts pretty much instantly, but vaporization requires a higher temperature; thus, vaporization ("smoking") should begin just a few seconds after it's melted -> good fact to acknowledge (esp. first-time users), but also applicable to my theory of smoking aMT on rolled tobacco, weed, passion flower, mint, whatever floats your boat :).]

[Continued] - "...I tried it many times...[even] from a light-bulb; same effects. A friend of mine that smokes tried some, *[cigarettes & weed I presume?] and the same thing happened - it was nauseating and really uncomfortable to breath the smoke in directly, and even though we melted around 10-20mg each, we couldn't feel much off it;" - [two friends of mine also experienced this "nothing" (quaint stimulation with signif. mydriasis) at a dose of 10 and 21mg, I had no contact high due to their frustration at aMT :( ] - "probably because we couldn't take it in effectively. *[Possibly. My friends hits were pretty skillfully orchestrated - other than the cough attack; though still vaped more afterwards ;) ]

[Continued] - "...Well, about 20 minutes later I put a tiny chunk of it in the end of a cigarette, - [How much? 2mg? 10?] - and after smoking that I could feel it. I'm pretty sure I was feeling the AMT I smoked from the cig., cuz my friend didn't do that and the stuff he had smoked from the lightbulb never ended up hitting him. I was really speedy and happy for the night, but I guess I didn't take in enough to trip on it." [You wouldn't be saying this if you did have strong, sufficient effects, but a lot of the time that's the feeling (though a very light one). Relating to your friends trip helps in no way when you don't offer weight/gender/drug histroy, and ~exact~ dosages used; don't mean to sound rude, it's work that I don't follow strictly either, but it would be useful.]

[Continued] "...Well, my question is if you have smoked this, what method do you use? I'm going to do the cig. thing again next time, only with more, but I'm really curious if anyone has been able to lightbulb it effectively. (I'll never try that again; it was horrible).

Different post on :

"I've smoked AMT out of a lightbulb before (20mg) and felt effects. Also smoked some AMT on weed before and felt effects. Actually, it is funny, like you were saying with the cigarette, but smoking it on the weed did give me more of a buzz (for the quantity smoked, at least)." -> Meaning just like the fellow using the cigarette, his results on weed were similar.

I'd ignore the weed post largely (unless someone knows Euphony over there), as depending on habituation to weed and subjective experience we can't say how it affected his aMT trip in other ways, or if that's what "made it stronger". Tobacco on the other hand is far more benign, even in non smokers it produces a minimal effect that hardly lasts long; *(although for non-smokers I'd smoke it on some non-psychoactive herbs that tastes good - suggestions? Mint?).

From my friend...
    I used tobacco, mainly to eliminate the distraction that weed would cause, and found this method to be WAY better than foil or bulb (I added a little green as I knew it would help the tummy). Perhaps it's simply the more pleasant ROA that explains the better effects, but I think the ember allows the molecule to melt first and then get just hot enough to vaporize without burning; as a lighter on foil or glass will most likely cause. In any case, it's much more enjoyable this way, so give er a whirl :) I used 15mg for a light effect, 25mg was really nice. Most enjoyable method by far, seems equally efficient.

A possibility with excessive use is enhanced neurotoxicity from the subsequent release and reuptake inhibition of serotonin and dopamine pathways... not sure what norepinephrine would had to the side effects profile but the SER/DOP theory of neurotoxicity is well known scientifically. Regular use might wreak havoc within your physiological balance, mainly affecting neurological function; this has led to concomitant imbalances in mood and sleeping patterns, and disruptions in dreams; plus, psychological addiction may develop more easily due to its feasibility to handle. Severe stomach pain has been reported by some (even people who hardly ever experience that from drugs).

MSDS: (for freebase dl-alpha-MT)
    Inhalation: May cause respiratory tract irritation. The toxicological properties of this substance
    have not been fully investigated.
    Storage: Keep away from heat, sparks, and flame. Store in a cool, dry, well-ventilated area
    away from incompatible substances. Keep containers tightly closed. Store protected from light.
    Physical & chemical properties: (included only those with info)
    Molecular Formula: C11H14N2
    Molecular Weight: 174.1157 g/mol
    Physical State (at STP): Solid
    Appearance: Very slightly yellow to a darker orange/tan as it oxidizes
    Odour: Very much like DMT; “indole smell”.
    Melting Point: Freebase > 97 - 100°C
    Acetate salt> 143-144 °C, fine white crystals
    Fumarate salt> 200-203 °C, fine white needles
    Flash Point: 188.989 °C (not sure if salt or freebase, ChemSpider)
    Boiling Point: 344.524 °C at 760 mmHg (normal pressure)
    Solubility: Water Sol. Estimate from Fragments = 1979.2 mg/L
    ACD Basic pKa: 10.798

Just some extra basic info to throw in there. Anyone knowledgeable on solubility in anything that would make the smoking on a cigarette process easier? Thanks everybody for the help so far! Hope this post was informative.

Peace and good triptitude,

LSD