smoking and indigestion

Discussion in 'Cannabis' started by eklypised, Feb 17, 2006.

1. eklypised

eklypised Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    35 y/o from U.S.A.
    Can weed cause indigestion or increase indigestion? I think its been doing it to me for past couple days.

2. a4stringedwonder

a4stringedwonder Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    In my experiences, I have encountered indigestion problems with a number of drugs. I have absolutely no idea why this is, but I have also experienced indigestion with cannabis... For SWIM it doesnt matter whether the drug is snorted, smoked, or taken orally... SWIM still gets occaisional indigestion... I dont beleive you have anything to worry about...

Peace,
    a4stringedwonder

3. Solidly-here

Solidly-here Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Just about anything can cause Indigestion.

One of the Main purposes for using Medical Marijuana is for patients who have lost their appetite. It increases their hunger (and it helps them digest their food better too).

I know several people who use Marijuana FOR indigestion. It is usually eaten. One woman mixes some in yogurt. Whenever she is going to eat something that she knows will cause indigestion, she eats some yogurt an hour beforehand. Then, Poof! No indigestion.

One thing you haven't said is: "How long (and how often) have you smoked Pot in the past?" If you have done it 100 times before (with NO indigestion), and the last couple times you have some, this is very different from a person who has smoked twice, and got indigestion twice.

To have indigestion, you have to have something in your stomach that is NOT digesting. So, what have you eaten beforehand?

4. eklypised

eklypised Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    35 y/o from U.S.A.
    U dont have to eat anything to have indigestion. Theirs acid already in the body that causes it. I take prevacied daily for indigestion. But lately when I smoke I think its been giving me indigestion.

5. honesha

honesha Newbie

Reputation Points:
    what else are you imbibing and ingesting? you may have other intolerances and not realise. for eg i am intolerant now to beer!!!!!!!!!!! waa whaa hoo gave me baaaad wind mate ,also wheat products can't touch, but i cheat occasionally and suffer momentarily. the verve induced by weed also makes one prone to imbibing and munching overly so, and less of a care about waht goes in..check out if you're tolerant of barley, oats, hops, wheat etc the grain int good for most
    honesha

6. lojzarb

lojzarb Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I have had this happen to him quite a few times. I have also gotten diarrhea in the past after a night of many bong rips. However, I believe these things are both due to the immense amount of food eaten afterwards.

Is You eating a lot of munchies after smoking? That might be a cause. You may be eating shit tons of food and not even realize it... happens to SWIM all the time; he goes to get something out of the fridge the next day, but then he realizes that he ate it all.

7. Roll_Light_Smoke

Roll_Light_Smoke Newbie

Reputation Points:
    god damn munchies!
    I must spend more on munchies than weed for a sitting.

8. kritikal

kritikal Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Australia
    Hahaha i agree! I hate it when you get real baked and get starved go buy a huge feast and then you have no money for weed later on!

Not related to indigestion as such, but sometimes if i get a good cough from my weed, i will have an indigestion like feeling. After about 15minutes I burp out a big cloud of smoke! And the feeling goes away. Very amusing at times.