Smoking blunts...

Discussion in 'Cannabis' started by ArEyOuAnYwHeRe, Apr 30, 2007.

1. ArEyOuAnYwHeRe

ArEyOuAnYwHeRe Newbie

Reputation Points:
    hello fellow smokealoters. Swim smoked a fat blunt the other day. It was rolled in a jamaican rum blunt wrap, which i have had before. Swim put his 1/8 bag into the blunt for his buddies because he was feeling nice. However the day after Swim smoked it, he realized his throat was soar and he is now getting a cough.

I want to know if smoking blunts can cause you to get a sore throat.

2. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    Of course smoking blunts can give you a sore throat.

3. searcher

searcher Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from Massachusetts, U.S.A.
    Just smoke a few more, that should cure it

1. 1/5,
      Not the best advice. It may numb your throat for a time, but it will make it worse overall.
      May 1, 2007
  4. DoomFarmer

DoomFarmer Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Most likely it was the wrap which caused the sore throat...

I have never experienced this.

5. Alicia

Alicia Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    Smoking anything can cause throat and mouth irritation! since blunts are tobacco leaf despite the lush-full slow burning of the weed in it. it will naturally add to the soreness more so.

Drinking a glass of water with ice cubes during or after can help wonders.

if the sore does not go away after 3-4 weeks see your Doctor.

1. 5/5,
      helpful reply, as usual
      May 19, 2007
  6. tk421

tk421 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    The only Jamaican Blunt brand "wraps" I've ever seen were not even tobacco leaf. They were merely extra large rolling papers with a name marketed to suburban Whiteboys who want to put out a thug image. The papers werren't even BROWN, for god's sake!

Ask yourself this;
    Would a FOB Rastafarian buy some cheap crap called "Jamiacan Blunt", packaged in a parody of his country's flag?
    If something needs clever packaging. to make it a marketable item, then it's generally not worth buying in the first place.

1. 2/5,
      how is the helpful at all, and how does it address the question at hand?
      May 19, 2007
  7. ArEyOuAnYwHeRe

ArEyOuAnYwHeRe Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I have smoked with the blunt wrap many times and has had no problem. I didn't buy it because it had a fancy flag or whatever on it, hell the package is pretty dull come to think about it. Regardless, Swim just has a harsh deep cough that he's had about for 4 days now. =(

8. tk421

tk421 Newbie

Reputation Points:

LOL. I wasn't accusing You of buying it because of the packaging; just making an observation. :)

Burning tobacco/paper is pretty harsh, dude.
    When I have a cough/sore throat, he likes to put crushed ice in his bong. He says that it's about the only way he can take a hit without coughing up a lung. You should try a nice ice bong until he feels better. ;)

9. searcher

searcher Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from Massachusetts, U.S.A.
    Maybe one of your buddies had a cold or virus and passed it to you by smoking the blunt (was it soggy and "lipped"?) Don't blame the weed/blunt, blame your sick friends that passed their germs on to you.

10. tooblue4you

tooblue4you Newbie

Reputation Points:
    36 y/o from The Netherlands

lol, lol, this made me laugh.....

11. Bajeda

Bajeda Super Moderator Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
  12. Pinkavvy

Pinkavvy Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    swip smokes blunts of all sorts, flavors, brands, styles, and contants all the time ... with no irratation. perhaps You is simply getting a cold, sore throat, virus, etc?

13. Bajeda

Bajeda Super Moderator Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    ^^^^^

You've been smoking for a while though Pink. Maybe the guy's throat isn't used to the hot smoke so it got irritated a bit. Its very likely that was just the case, though sickness would make it more prominent.

14. Pinkavvy

Pinkavvy Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    The fact that he said it's been going on for 4 days now makes swip think it's more then simple irritation.... but without getting checked by a doctor, nobody will know. Swip certainly recomends that if it continues any longer to go see a doctor....

Plus Baj is right, swip's been smoking a long time. Blunts are certainly not a good choice for people with little experience. Blunts are probably not a good idea for anybody, since tobacco is dangerous and why add to the dangers of smoking weed? Look into rice paper, or the new clear papers made out of celulose. Or vaporize... the volcano is highly recomended by swip. Cooking marijuana into swiy's food is a good way to go as well. :) Swip and his family use all of these methods daily. lol

15. beentheredonethatagain

beentheredonethatagain Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from California, U.S.A.
    It sounds like strep throat, which is easy to pass around , or is it puff puff pass ?