Smoking Cannabis Before Bed

Discussion in 'Cannabis' started by fly-high, Mar 6, 2007.

1. fly-high

fly-high Newbie

Reputation Points:
    29 y/o
    does anyone have any insight on doing this?? SWM heard a couple rumors like it helps to fall asleep faster, and makes for better dreaming...

2. Lehendakari

Lehendakari Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from spain
    Re: Smoking Before Bed

Cannabis sure helps falling asleep faster, as for dreams, for SWIM sometimes helps having lucid dreaming, but others just kills all memory of dreaming.

I recommend not to go to bed right after you hit the bong. SWIM usually smokes a joint or two while listening to music or watching tv shows, then when he's done smoking he plays a little bit his guitar or playstation or just keeps watching tv or listening to music. He waits for at least half an hour before going to bed.

3. Sky Walker

Sky Walker Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth

Marijuana makes for better dreaming alright. All you need to do is smoke every night for a good few months or until you start forgetting your dreams then suddenly stop, you'll have plenty of intense, strange and wonderful dreams, once you finally get to sleep that is, which may take some time.

4. Alicia

Alicia Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth

depends on the strain some strains particularly heavy sativa strains swia finds it impossible to sleep on where as indica based strain no problem swia never dreams on weed.

5. Spare Chaynge

Spare Chaynge Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

this cat i met in a magical alley once told me that if you sleep with a loaded bowl and hit it through out the night it makes for a great expirence,, be warned the cat said he smoked his sack like this

6. vantranist

vantranist Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from antigua_and_barbuda

I have had the craziest dreams of his life on Xanax, to a point where he woke up and said"wtf was that!?" but thats a whole nother story...

anyways I have never had any remarkable dreams on Bud... for a matter of fact he cant remember having any dreams really on bud.

As for the falling asleep part but puts SWIM down faster than any benzo or any other drug for that matter, the body high combined with the mental high it just so relaxing. I have noticed however 3-5 hours after the high its a little difficult to sleep, so if u wake up a few hours after u smoked make sure you have another bowl handy!

7. fly-high

fly-high Newbie

Reputation Points:
    29 y/o

I tried it last night... and didnt really remember anything from My dreams.....but then again SWIM usually never remembers what SWIM dreamt.........as for the falling asleep, SWIMdroped like a rock.... T.V shows where quite unusual though is that normall???

8. Chunkz

Chunkz Newbie

Reputation Points:
    38 y/o

If it's an idica strain, or poorly grown weed it'l knock you out, but not with "good stuff" (sativa, or good grown weed). Iv'e tried going to sleep on middle grade stuff, and couldn't go to sleep, because of paranoia, even a couple days later.

9. The Doors

The Doors Titanium Member

Reputation Points:

SWIM usually smokes a bowl/joint an hour or two before going to bed and by the bed he is ready to sleep, he gets in bed and falls asleep pretty much instantly. It used to take between 30minutes to 2hours for SWIM to be able to fall asleep!

10. jonny thaiwongy

jonny thaiwongy Newbie

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o

i dont kno about the dreams, swim never remembers his dreams when these days except when i fall back to sleep on the weekends ya kno then mad ones! but yea smoking the reefer before bed is a must for swim only way he can stop the mad thoughts going thru his head

11. fly-high

fly-high Newbie

Reputation Points:
    29 y/o

for swim, its like seeing a tv show from a different perspective.. i dont understand why being high would change the perception of a show... can anyone help swim on this one

12. podge

podge Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland

Lol. Yes this is normal. Wouldnt You be more upset if things didnt get unusual after smoking a spliff ? :)

13. sterling77

sterling77 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    from denmark

As a retrospective I think smoking right before bed on a long-term basis was a bad habit and helps contribute to "marijuana burnout" et cetera, along with the negative psychological effects of weed.

14. zoo

zoo Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands

SWIM often finds it hard to get to sleep after smoking alot of green over the past few days. SWIM normally leaves plenty of time between getting stoned and going to bed to allow for the effects to subside. Also isn't it a bit of a waste? (green is expensive where I live)

15. Lawn.Boy

Lawn.Boy Newbie

Reputation Points:

Very, very true, man. When I got put on probation he was forced to stop smoking (naturally)... After a few nights he would have very VERY lucid dreams with very strange content. He would remember them in the morning prefectly, as if it was a movie he had just watched. Weird stuff, my friends. It actually got unpleasant after about a week...

16. Sky Walker

Sky Walker Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth

How long did it take for this unplesentness to subside?

17. Strykar

Strykar Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    Interesting!

My friends and I actually don't dream after smoking.
    Or maybe there's no recollection after, but SWIM can usually remember his dreams pretty vividly so...

I have more dreams when he drinks alcohol.

18. amanda

amanda Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I say its really chill to unwind to a song and zone out before going to bed, as for the dreams, I say his dreams are weird like drunk dreaming. I say sometimes, he wants to just enjoy it instead of sleeping though and then he wastes time.

19. ProtectedByTheGods

ProtectedByTheGods Newbie

Reputation Points:
    As for SWIM, smoking before bed has the effect of him not remembering
    (or maybe even having) any of the dreams through the night.
    In the morning, it's extra hard to get out of bed, and the eyes and mouth
    seem even stickier than usual.
    Also, I am unable to fall asleep after smoking a joint, because his mind
    is spinning fast and won't let him untill a hour or so passes...

my advice: it's a waste of drug and the effects are mostly negative.
    But then again, this is just what he personally feels, so if it works for you.....

20. chunky funky basslines

chunky funky basslines Newbie

Reputation Points:
    smoking before bed used to put swim to sleep, but as time goes on and you toke more it seems to have the effect of preventing sleep.

My friends and I often talk about getting the 'bedtime biff' back.

that feeling of sinking into your bed before falling asleep effortlessly, nowadays swim just tosses and turns if he is baked